Crocop retirement fight

You keep taking little jabs at me about Cro Cop over the RIzin tournament so I'll give you an extrapolation my thought process.

Just because I spot what I believe is a work doesn't mean I didn't like watching his legit fights. I loved the PRIDE OWGP, the Rizin one? That was a joke. When he beat Lawal I was "hmmm." When Baruto was dropped so easily, then got out of the ring quickly I thought it was bullshit. Again, it's my opinion. It doesn't mean I hate Cro Cop. For all we know he may not have even been in on anything or he may have. I call bullshit on how the fights ended. Something was off.

The best way I can compare the Cro Cop situation is to relate it to Ken Shamrock. A lot of the younger fans don't like him based on his last decade in MMA, where as the older fans, such as myself, were fan boys of him back in the day. When Ken started losing fights on purpose, those that gave a balanced view said they were potentially works. That set off Ken fans who didn't want to come to grips with that. All you have to do is watch Ken vs. Matt Hume to know he has done it before. When Shamrock lost to Sakuraba, I thought it was a work. It doesn't matter if the shot connected or he rolled his eyes when he dropped -- if you have to eat a punch for an extra X amount wouldn't you do it? -- I thought it was a work to give Sakuraba extra mileage to his career at the time. Sakuraba fans wouldn't hear of it.

MMA is a business like any. There are objectives that promoters obviously hedge their bets on. There is also gambling involved like in all sport. It's not isolated to Japan either. I have seen shit go down in the UFC where it looked like a work as well. Does it happen all the time for either? No. Can it happen because there is money involved? Sure.

Look back at Ken's post PRIDE run. There was always some sort of out or excuse for why he lost and he didn't take hardly any damage. Eventually the evidence is overwhelming (Royce rematch) where it can't be ignored.

Ken is the original Bob Sapp, except he put some effort into making it look good at one time.

My opinion isn't any sort of anti-JMMA bias. I'm always discussing,for years, JMMA and old PRIDE topics. I'm a hardcore who flew to Vegas from Canada to see PRIDE's Real Deal in 2006 so I'm obviously not anti-JMMA. I was hoping Cro Cop fought on that fight card when I bought the tickets months earlier.
How stupid can someone be?? pls go watch smth else if you think his Rizin fights were fixed..........why in the hell would MIrko train like a fucking savage for 8 weeks if it all was worked for him to win???

plus you think MIrko was faking all that emotions and tears????..............................................idjit

I was calling for this fight for years and was told by even CC fans that their was no need. Now everyone wants to see it AND it seems most give CC the advantage. Times have changed since the Malbabobo fight

There is a "need" now because Fedor appears vulnerable and beatable.

My God... don't you know your own kind.

DUH. ;)

How stupid can someone be?? pls go watch smth else if you think his Rizin fights were fixed..........why in the hell would MIrko train like a fucking savage for 8 weeks if it all was worked for him to win???

plus you think MIrko was faking all that emotions and tears????..............................................idjit

Insult me if you like, but at least use some reasoning in your posts. You clearly are a blinded fanboy wanting to believe everything is on the level at all times with your hero. I already explained how it can happen. Re-read what I posted.

And I'll watch whatever I like and comment on it too.

Thanks!

You keep taking little jabs at me about Cro Cop over the RIzin tournament so I'll give you an extrapolation my thought process.

Just because I spot what I believe is a work doesn't mean I didn't like watching his legit fights. I loved the PRIDE OWGP, the Rizin one? That was a joke. When he beat Lawal I was "hmmm." When Baruto was dropped so easily, then got out of the ring quickly I thought it was bullshit. Again, it's my opinion. It doesn't mean I hate Cro Cop. For all we know he may not have even been in on anything or he may have. I call bullshit on how the fights ended. Something was off.

Watch the Mo fight again, it's on youtube. Slow down the speed and you see clear as fucking day, the second Mirko starts throwing those bombs Mo drops. It's either oscar winning level of acting precission or Mo felt the punches from a superior, stronger and bigger striker. Then when you're done with that go watch Mirko/Sapp. In that fight Mirko sent Sapp down in pain with a single punch and gave him a shattered orbital. First you see Sapp crying and wincing for the 10 count and by the time Mirko's finished celebrating the win-Bob is back on his feet like nothing happend, congradulating Mirko on the win. And before you start throwing at me "Sapp was a pro wrestler and he's know for throwing fights" comebacks - check out any fucking interview, video or replay from that fight. Mirko broke Sapp's orbital. Same case with Baruto, Mirko hit him- he couldn't handle the pain and went down. The inital shock of pain went away and he got up. I mean it's not like he shanked him with a damn knife, he hit him with a knee to the body. That's nasty pain, but pain that wears off.

Last edited:
Watch the Mo fight again, it's on youtube. Slow down the speed and you see clear as fucking day, the second Mirko starts throwing those bombs Mo drops. It's either oscar winning level of precission or Mo felt the punches from a superior, stronger and bigger striker. Then when you're done with that go watch Mirko/Sapp. In that fight Mirko sent Sapp down in pain with a single punch and gave him a shattered orbital. First you see Sapp crying and wincing for the 10 count and by the time Mirko's finished celebrating the win-Bob is back on his feet like nothing happend, congradulating Mirko on the win. And before you start throwing at me "Sapp was a pro wrestler and he's know for throwing fights" comebacks - check out any fucking interview, video or replay from that fight. Mirko broke Sapp's orbital. Same case with Baruto, Mirko hit him- he couldn't handle the pain and went down. The inital shock of pain went away and he got up. I mean it's not like he shanked him with a damn knife, he hit him with a knee to the body. That's nasty pain, but pain that wears off.
Dont feed the idjit.....he is a lost case.....

The best way I can compare the Cro Cop situation is to relate it to Ken Shamrock. A lot of the younger fans don't like him based on his last decade in MMA, where as the older fans, such as myself, were fan boys of him back in the day. When Ken started losing fights on purpose, those that gave a balanced view said they were potentially works. That set off Ken fans who didn't want to come to grips with that. All you have to do is watch Ken vs. Matt Hume to know he has done it before. When Shamrock lost to Sakuraba, I thought it was a work. It doesn't matter if the shot connected or he rolled his eyes when he dropped -- if you have to eat a punch for an extra X amount wouldn't you do it? -- I thought it was a work to give Sakuraba extra mileage to his career at the time. Sakuraba fans wouldn't hear of it.

MMA is a business like any. There are objectives that promoters obviously hedge their bets on. There is also gambling involved like in all sport. It's not isolated to Japan either. I have seen shit go down in the UFC where it looked like a work as well. Does it happen all the time for either? No. Can it happen because there is money involved? Sure.

Look back at Ken's post PRIDE run. There was always some sort of out or excuse for why he lost and he didn't take hardly any damage. Eventually the evidence is overwhelming (Royce rematch) where it can't be ignored.

Ken is the original Bob Sapp, except he put some effort into making it look good at one time.

My opinion isn't any sort of anti-JMMA bias. I'm always discussing,for years, JMMA and old PRIDE topics. I'm a hardcore who flew to Vegas from Canada to see PRIDE's Real Deal in 2006 so I'm obviously not anti-JMMA. I was hoping Cro Cop fought on that fight card when I bought the tickets months earlier.

Y

Come on man you should be banned for this post

First you claim that Cro Cop who is a legend only won because of fight fixing when it was obvious to everyone that Cro Cop won all his fights cleanly and Cro Cop is the kind of guy that would never be part of a fixed fight so I think you may be a new fan that knows nothing about what kind of REAL MAN Cro Cop is

Second you just casually accuse Ken Shamrock and Sakuraba who are legends of this sport in participating in match fixing

Sakuraba would never be part of a fixed fight he would rather die in the ring and Ken has had his demons but his IRISH PRIDE would never let him fix a fight and not a single one of his fights was ever proven to be fixed so you are just making things up

Finally you compare Ken Shamrock to Bob Freakin Sapp which something so stupid that I'm not even going to comment on it here

Kongo would be good, avenging any losses would help his legacy but it doesn't scream retirement fight.

Other than Fedor, Wand and Sonnen are the only other fights I see happening. Sonnen might take a fight in Japan because no testing would surely be a good thing for him. Could see him saying he took a dive after he got KO'd!!

In Japan against Brock, imagine in Japan no testing? Could be crazy

Fedor vs Crocop in 2017 would be huge and perfect way for both to end their career's.....storybook shit imo.

Just because I spot what I believe is a work doesn't mean I didn't like watching his legit fights.

You should visit the thread where King Mo called out the "idiots" who thought it might be a work.

Summary:
"Those people that think that are idiots. ... I was stunned by a short uppercut that I didn't see. ... I challenge anyone to get hit by Cro Cop and see what happens."

Wand or Rampage would be good.

Rampage vs Wand would be a great fight! The Japanese are crazy about both of them and I think Rampage would be a lot more competitive than Wand at this stage. Good call, would love to see Rampage at heavyweight in some interesting legends fights

Fedor, Wanderlei or Bigfoot

Bigfoot got beat in Russia recently. I'd like to see Fedor fight him to avenge a loss but can't see a fighter on such a bad losing streak being a good fit for a retirement fight. Carwin would be better I think.

Never forget:
C2BiCU8WgAAxqV3.jpg

You should visit the thread where King Mo called out the "idiots" who thought it might be a work.

Summary:
"Those people that think that are idiots. ... I was stunned by a short uppercut that I didn't see. ... I challenge anyone to get hit by Cro Cop and see what happens."

I did already. I see a punch to the shoulder and not the chin. When Overeem went against Duffee it was a similar strike.

Back