1. Fresh off her huge victory at UFC Fight Night 105, Randa Markos returns to Sherdog for her second LIVE Q&A, FRIDAY at 3:00 PM EST. Check it out here.
    Dismiss Notice

Crocop retirement fight

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by Rudeboyben84, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Rudeboyben84 Green Belt

Rudeboyben84
    So his "retirement" didn't last long! Crocop wants one last retirement fight, who do you want it to be against?

For me it's got to be Fedor. There are few chances outside the UFC to avenge losses and this is a fight I see Mirko as the favourite in.

I hope it isn't against Wand because as a fan of Wand I don't want to see him get stomped.

Carwin might be another good possibility or Sonnen maybe?

Who you all want to see?

2. LORDTENSAIMMA Double Yellow Card

LORDTENSAIMMA
    Fedor or kongo

3. LORDTENSAIMMA Double Yellow Card

LORDTENSAIMMA
    Or gonzaga again for fun

andyjeezy likes this.
  4. manboy<3 don't card me bro

manboy<3
    I would like to see him fight Fedor in a cage in Bellator

let's see who is worse in the cage

5. Andrey Kamensky Brown Belt

Andrey Kamensky
    It's gotta be Fedya.

Mixfight likes this.
  6. The Big Babou Purple Belt

The Big Babou
    It HAS to be Fedor

Mixfight likes this.
  7. Vovchanchyn Fan Green Belt

Vovchanchyn Fan
    Fedor is the only option, both from fan perspective and imo from CroCops perspective.
    I doubt he'd be motivated to gear up and fight some average name...nothing to gain, too much to lose after finishing off with the GP win.

A Fedor fight however, checks all the boxes for everyone from fans to promoters to the two fighters.

Mixfight and Katsumi Yamada like this.
  8. melvinj0 Gold Belt

melvinj0
    Yeah I can't see it being anyone other than Fedor, even if Fedor loses to Mitrione I still think they will try to book this fight.

Mixfight likes this.
  9. Big Daddy Duker Orange Belt

Big Daddy Duker
    I like the Kongo idea. That fight bothered me intensely at the time. I never did like that Kongo...

Dangus likes this.
  10. LORDTENSAIMMA Double Yellow Card

LORDTENSAIMMA
    I don't think he had any fans after that fight. Maybe @IndyCovaHart and @ThunderL1ps

Big Daddy Duker likes this.
  11. LORDTENSAIMMA Double Yellow Card

LORDTENSAIMMA
    I was calling for this fight for years and was told by even CC fans that their was no need. Now everyone wants to see it AND it seems most give CC the advantage. Times have changed since the Malbabobo fight

12. cheesus Red Belt

cheesus
    Fedor or Chael, I think I'd prefer Chael..winnable fight, Chael gets put in his place.

KOskater, glennrod and Mixfight like this.
  13. LiveFreeorDie #BlackOpsMatter

LiveFreeorDie
    Arlovski or Fedor.

Mixfight likes this.
  14. Mixfight Brown Belt

Mixfight
    Wasnt an easy fight for Fedor then and wont be an easy fight for Fedor now.

Mirko has never been an easy out and probably takes training a lot more seriously than Fedor does in 2017, training in Stary Oskol.

I still got Fedor in that fight but nowhere near how I would predict it to be in 2006-2009.

Mirko is still dangerous but Fedor... well.... no one really knows where Fedor is. I personally think he may be shot but the Mitrione fight will give us a real measurement where Fedor is.

LiveFreeorDie likes this.
  15. The Penetrator Blue Belt

The Penetrator
    Fedro or nothing! In a cage! We seen the fight in a ring, cage would be perfect!

16. House by the Cemetery Vengeance

House by the Cemetery
    I'm with the majority on Fedor.

17. Kalmah Silver Belt

Kalmah
    I bet it won't be Fedor.

18. ThunderL1ps Brown Belt

ThunderL1ps
    You keep taking little jabs at me about Cro Cop over the RIzin tournament so I'll give you an extrapolation my thought process.

Just because I spot what I believe is a work doesn't mean I didn't like watching his legit fights. I loved the PRIDE OWGP, the Rizin one? That was a joke. When he beat Lawal I was "hmmm." When Baruto was dropped so easily, then got out of the ring quickly I thought it was bullshit. Again, it's my opinion. It doesn't mean I hate Cro Cop. For all we know he may not have even been in on anything or he may have. I call bullshit on how the fights ended. Something was off.

The best way I can compare the Cro Cop situation is to relate it to Ken Shamrock. A lot of the younger fans don't like him based on his last decade in MMA, where as the older fans, such as myself, were fan boys of him back in the day. When Ken started losing fights on purpose, those that gave a balanced view said they were potentially works. That set off Ken fans who didn't want to come to grips with that. All you have to do is watch Ken vs. Matt Hume to know he has done it before. When Shamrock lost to Sakuraba, I thought it was a work. It doesn't matter if the shot connected or he rolled his eyes when he dropped -- if you have to eat a punch for an extra X amount wouldn't you do it? -- I thought it was a work to give Sakuraba extra mileage to his career at the time. Sakuraba fans wouldn't hear of it.

MMA is a business like any. There are objectives that promoters obviously hedge their bets on. There is also gambling involved like in all sport. It's not isolated to Japan either. I have seen shit go down in the UFC where it looked like a work as well. Does it happen all the time for either? No. Can it happen because there is money involved? Sure.

Look back at Ken's post PRIDE run. There was always some sort of out or excuse for why he lost and he didn't take hardly any damage. Eventually the evidence is overwhelming (Royce rematch) where it can't be ignored.

Ken is the original Bob Sapp, except he put some effort into making it look good at one time.

My opinion isn't any sort of anti-JMMA bias. I'm always discussing,for years, JMMA and old PRIDE topics. I'm a hardcore who flew to Vegas from Canada to see PRIDE's Real Deal in 2006 so I'm obviously not anti-JMMA. I was hoping Cro Cop fought on that fight card when I bought the tickets months earlier.

19. ThunderL1ps Brown Belt

ThunderL1ps
    Fedor was hit by one good shot against Maldonado and spent most of his time recovering. It was Fedor's own fault for leaving himself open like that.

I don't know if Cro Cop would face Fedor a second time. He had an opportunity to do so and went for Eddie Sanchez instead.

Count me out as someone wanting to live in the past to see a fight that won't live up to the original billing.

Cro Cop verses Big Foot Silva if he is not exclusive to Russia would be more my speed. I'd be Ok with a Kongo rematch too, as that first fight was utter bullshit.

20. Zerfleischer Yellow Card

Zerfleischer
    Chael Sonnen!

glennrod likes this.