CroCop let me down in the UFC, but then came Miocic

Croatia has not been around that long. I was Yugoslavia back then.
Actually it was around for about 14 centuries. Yugoslavia was only a thing for about 45 years, from the end of WW2 until the collapse of communism in Europe.

Croatians are pretty unattractive. They have a birdlike appearance...like Eagles only not as majestic or noble. Rather...deformed Eagles.

The likes of Modric, Mandzukic, Rakitic, Vida, Perisic, Srna...a lot of them have big noses and small slack jaws. Odd looking people.

srna_1.jpg

Ivan-Perisic-Inter-Juventus.jpg

960.jpg
181783.png

50226898.jpg

This guy...well...
4809209.jpg

Cro Cop isn't much of a looker either. He has the same problem.
vlcsnap20225yy6.jpg

mirko-cro-cop-rappler-04122015_08BF2FCB341948F3AB94052957388D91.jpg

Stipe is pretty gormless looking. But he's actually a stud by Croatian standards. He has the odd close together eyes, the 'mature' hairline, the tiny odd mouth...he's actually got a chin and jaw though which saves him. He looks like Rakitic, if Ivan was blessed with a square 'all american' jawline.

22886123_1570357816354609_8702353348519986206_n.jpg

Seems like Croatians in Croatia are real inclusive of the diaspora. The diaspora certainly feels connected to Croatia, and although my family left there a while back, when I go back folks always take me in. I think part of why Croats seem to be tighter is as you mention the history of war and always fighting uphill. That and being a small country.

What majority of people don't get is how recent the war was. It was in freakin 1995, the UFC and K1 already existed while Croatia was at war for its independance. People died for the checkered flag, and it's so recent in history that people are still very combattive for that flag and those colors. We are not talking about people who lost their grandfathers at war, but their fathers, brothers, friends, it's that fresh in people's mind.

In France, where I live, young generations don't give a single fk about their culture. The WWII is too far away for them to understand how important their Blue White and Red flag is. That people died for it. Now it's just racist to be proud to be french.

Hell, they were rooting more for a Cameroonean guy, than any of their fighters in the past decade.

We came to a point where you don't even know if today's youth would fight for their country, so much they have been forced to believe that their country is multicultural country. There are also french soldiers that refuses to shoot when they are in danger in africa because they '' don't shoot their brothers ''

And because all of this, I just can't identify myself with what France became, so I stick to my croatian roots who I feel closer to, in mentality and opinion.

If we go back to 23 years after WWII, I believe we would find the same passion for the french flag than today with croatians and their checkers.

French commited horrible attrocities in Africa so maybe now really is the time for them to worship Africans.

Nationalism is great. What are you talking about? God is great too. And family! And tradition! One thing that sucks is liberalism!

Yeah, the right to vote and own land for women and minorities sucks. So does the emancipation of slaves. Social Security? That sucks, too. You know what else I hate? Child labor laws, the Clean Air and Water acts, seat belts in my car, the banning of lead in consumer products, antitrust legislation, the Family Medical Leave Act, and the GI Bill.

You're right, liberalism is terrible.

Who could have expected that? CroCop came to the UFC as #2 in the world behind Fedor. He had the welcome of a king. Dismantled Eddie Sanchez who was too intimidated and awe-struck. Gonzaga would be another victory to his way to the belt and dominance for years to come. But NO! He goes down... After that he losses quite decisively to Kongo. Followed by KO losses to Dos Santos, Mir, Schaub, Nelson. He beats along the way Perosh? Barry. Al Turk. By that point he had a long career in K1 and Pride... and that's a weird excuse since he's back where he started in Japan now with 8 consecutive wins.

Ok, so us Croatians had our eyes on Reljic, he did good, got injured and faded away.

But then out of nowhere appears Miocic and beats Gonzaga, Nelson, Dos Santos, Werdum, Arlovski, Hunt, Overeem...

Miocic did say upon winning his belt: ''Croatia we got a champion, Cleveland we got a champion.'' On that day we Croats did feel we had our champion. We thought it was going to be CroCop, but better yet it was a new guy Stipe Miocic.

Croatians and Russians are the same thing so technically you guys have had many other good fighters

Yeah, the right to vote and own land for women and minorities sucks. So does the emancipation of slaves. Social Security? That sucks, too. You know what else I hate? Child labor laws, the Clean Air and Water acts, seat belts in my car, the banning of lead in consumer products, antitrust legislation, the Family Medical Leave Act, and the GI Bill.

You're right, liberalism is terrible.

Nationalism actually started as a liberal movement opposed to divine rights of kings and monarchies.

Who could have expected that? CroCop came to the UFC as #2 in the world behind Fedor. He had the welcome of a king. Dismantled Eddie Sanchez who was too intimidated and awe-struck. Gonzaga would be another victory to his way to the belt and dominance for years to come. But NO! He goes down... After that he losses quite decisively to Kongo. Followed by KO losses to Dos Santos, Mir, Schaub, Nelson. He beats along the way Perosh? Barry. Al Turk. By that point he had a long career in K1 and Pride... and that's a weird excuse since he's back where he started in Japan now with 8 consecutive wins.

Ok, so us Croatians had our eyes on Reljic, he did good, got injured and faded away.

But then out of nowhere appears Miocic and beats Gonzaga, Nelson, Dos Santos, Werdum, Arlovski, Hunt, Overeem...

Miocic did say upon winning his belt: ''Croatia we got a champion, Cleveland we got a champion.'' On that day we Croats did feel we had our champion. We thought it was going to be CroCop, but better yet it was a new guy Stipe Miocic.

I respect the sentiment of being proud of a fellow Croatian, but don't get too caught up in nationalistic bullshit. It does more damage than good to the human race.

We should invade your little country and see how much you will brag once it's under American occupation.

Hahah. Fat murican getting upset in his obecity-wheelchair from the safety of his moms basement.

Hahah. Fat murican getting upset in his obecity-wheelchair from the safety of his moms basement.

Wrong! I'm a high ranking General in the US Army, i have the Presidents ear. Tell me where you are from, your country is next after Croatia.

But Stipe is American. His nationality is American.

Yes he is proud of his Croatian roots, and seems to love Croatia, all of that, but that doesnt change his nationality, which is American.

Youre making the same mistake as all people from Balkans, mixing nationality with race. Croatian is not a race, like lets say youre black and you move from Africa to Asia, have kids, theyre all black and will continue to be black, it is their race. However nationality is something different, nationality isnt in your genes, its just means you are a citizen of a certain counry.

Example, Eduardo DaSilva is a Croatian. Stipe Miocic is American. Đorđe Čuvalo is Canadian.

Pozdrav ;)

Many ethnic Croats identify themselves with their ethnicity (Croats) as well as their nationality (german Croat, american Croat, bosnian Croat). You know this. As long as Stipe identifies himself with Croatia everything is fine, nobody is forcing him to say what he says. I don't know why this can even be an issue for you.

We are a small but proud people. Why shouldn't we rep our flag and heritage, as long as we always play by the rules of the country we live in showing our colors is a good thing. Nationalism my ass. Who the hell prefers that ugly reebok shorts over the CroCop style checkerboard shorts that Stipe wore when he still had that god awful nickname "the croatian crippler".
<{clintugh}>

PS: Eduardo turned into a brazilian the moment he cried when their anthem played. Which was the reason why he isn't representing our colors anymore and nobody complained about that. We don't force anybody to do shit.

Croatians are pretty unattractive. They have a birdlike appearance...like Eagles only not as majestic or noble. Rather...deformed Eagles.

The likes of Modric, Mandzukic, Rakitic, Vida, Perisic, Srna...a lot of them have big noses and small slack jaws. Odd looking people.

Some racist pig you are. What ethnicity are you? Why even talk about peoples' looks? Or generalize a whole people? Antonija Sandric was votest best looking athlete in the last summer olympics... Ana Ivanovic is consistently considered the hottest tennis player. You pick and choose, and post some players' not most well flattering pictures. Real Madrid has 2 Croats, enough said about that. ER's Goran Visnjic is a looker. How about Croatia's president? Kolinda Kitarovic?

You're a twat.

I am not a born and bred Croatian, and I have no affilitation or connection to the western country I am from. How many athletes have chosen to represent the country of their parents instead their birth countries? Simunic chose Cro over Australia. Rakitic, Barcelona superstar, chose Croatia over Switzerland. Real Madrid's Kovacic chose Croatia over Austria. Prosinecki chose Croatia over Germany.

if Miocic upon winning belt says ''Croatia we have a champion'', I'll go with that. Croatia has a champion. Of course officially that's 1 for the USA, but for Croats to be proud of a fellow Croat nothing wrong with that. Latifi of Sweden is closer to the Albanians and all his biggest fans are albanians.

Some racist pig you are. What ethnicity are you? Why even talk about peoples' looks? Or generalize a whole people? Antonija Sandric was votest best looking athlete in the last summer olympics... Ana Ivanovic is consistently considered the hottest tennis player. You pick and choose, and post some players' not most well flattering pictures. Real Madrid has 2 Croats, enough said about that. ER's Goran Visnjic is a looker. How about Croatia's president? Kolinda Kitarovic?

You're a twat.

I am not a born and bred Croatian, and I have no affilitation or connection to the western country I am from. How many athletes have chosen to represent the country of their parents instead their birth countries? Simunic chose Cro over Australia. Rakitic, Barcelona superstar, chose Croatia over Switzerland. Real Madrid's Kovacic chose Croatia over Austria. Prosinecki chose Croatia over Germany.

if Miocic upon winning belt says ''Croatia we have a champion'', I'll go with that. Croatia has a champion. Of course officially that's 1 for the USA, but for Croats to be proud of a fellow Croat nothing wrong with that. Latifi of Sweden is closer to the Albanians and all his biggest fans are albanians.

<{Heymansnicker}>

What majority of people don't get is how recent the war was. It was in freakin 1995, the UFC and K1 already existed while Croatia was at war for its independance. People died for the checkered flag, and it's so recent in history that people are still very combattive for that flag and those colors. We are not talking about people who lost their grandfathers at war, but their fathers, brothers, friends, it's that fresh in people's mind.

In France, where I live, young generations don't give a single fk about their culture. The WWII is too far away for them to understand how important their Blue White and Red flag is. That people died for it. Now it's just racist to be proud to be french.

Hell, they were rooting more for a Cameroonean guy, than any of their fighters in the past decade.

We came to a point where you don't even know if today's youth would fight for their country, so much they have been forced to believe that their country is multicultural country. There are also french soldiers that refuses to shoot when they are in danger in africa because they '' don't shoot their brothers ''

And because all of this, I just can't identify myself with what France became, so I stick to my croatian roots who I feel closer to, in mentality and opinion.

If we go back to 23 years after WWII, I believe we would find the same passion for the french flag than today with croatians and their checkers.

Agree. Guys my age I'm friends with from Croatia, they're vets. Even liberal guys, everybody fought. These guys - left wing guys - still appreciate very much what they have now. I went back shortly after the war - talked with folks who lost everything, family murdered and so on. Trial like this makes people closer I guess. The movie about Gotovina being made - Visnjic acted for free. This doesn't happen anywhere else.

Many ethnic Croats identify themselves with their ethnicity (Croats) as well as their nationality (german Croat, american Croat, bosnian Croat). You know this. As long as Stipe identifies himself with Croatia everything is fine, nobody is forcing him to say what he says. I don't know why this can even be an issue for you.

We are a small but proud people. Why shouldn't we rep our flag and heritage, as long as we always play by the rules of the country we live in showing our colors is a good thing. Nationalism my ass. Who the hell prefers that ugly reebok shorts over the CroCop style checkerboard shorts that Stipe wore when he still had that god awful nickname "the croatian crippler".
<{clintugh}>

PS: Eduardo turned into a brazilian the moment he cried when their anthem played. Which was the reason why he isn't representing our colors anymore and nobody complained about that. We don't force anybody to do shit.

I wasnt arguing what people identify with or what who feels. I simply stated the fact that Stipe Miocics nationality is American. Its not an issue for me at all, i gain nothing from either option.

Back