Croatian HW genetics

Since you're adamant about the fact that it is Miocic's Croatian genetics that have ensured his success, one could as easily make the claim that Armenia has been a country proportionately more successful in sports than Croatia:
Gago Drago is well known in the kickboxing community, the Grigorian namesakes are both decent and Giorgio Petrosyan is absolutely elite and easily on par with the best Croatia has produced in that sport. Mousasi is finally living up to his potential in MMA and would, let's be honest, beat Bisping in a title fight. Furthermore you have great grapplers like Parisyan and Chivichyan. In Boxing you will find Artur Abraham and Vic Darchinyan. Youri Djorkaeff was as talented as any Croat football player (except perhaps Modric). Mkhitaryan isn't bad either. Kasparov is one of the greatest chess players of all time. Alain Prost one of the greatest Formula One drivers. Agassi one of the greatest tennis players. Hell, even Nalbandian was arguably superior to Ivanicevic.

All this from a country of 3 million people that has been under Ottoman and Soviet occupation, found themselves in continuous ethnic conflict with their neighbours and suffered through a genocide that exterminated 1/3 of their population.

Doubtless, Croatians have done well for themselves in sports, but so have the Armenians. Are either of these ethnicities' genetics superior to the rest of the world though? Hardly.

To sum this thread up.

A bunch of Croatians bigging themselves up vs everyone else trying to explain to them that they're not some master race.

Lame. Thinking your race/nation populace are physically superior to others...<{spoogebab}>

Now your just being childish. TS is merely pointing out the strengths and skills of a nation. Stop demonizing this.

I think it's been proven time and time again, if you want to excel at something, your best bet is to be American.

Wow, you actually said handball, Croatia is one of the best in the world at it, never heard of Holland doing well in it?

Football, we've had more success than you guys since our independence and actually beat you heads up in a World Cup... but Holland is really good too, so it's close, if we ignore the difference in population and facilities.

Did you say darts? Come on.

Where are you guys in basketball, tennis, skiing, waterpolo, etc?

Beat you heads up in a World Cup? You forgot to mention that was for the third place (which means nothing in football) so both teams are clearly not playing at 100%. You didn't mention the last time the Netherlands played Croatia did you, getting dominated in your own country? inb4 crying about it's a friendly game, see what I did there?

At the end of the day Croatia still has no prizes in the biggest sport of the world. <{yahyou}>

Beat you heads up in a World Cup? You forgot to mention that was for the third place (which means nothing in football) so both teams are clearly not playing at 100%. You didn't mention the last time the Netherlands played Croatia did you, getting dominated in your own country? inb4 crying about it's a friendly game, see what I did there?

At the end of the day Croatia still has no prizes in the biggest sport of the world. <{yahyou}>

Why you posting Neymar, he's Brazilian?

Why don't you mention how many more people live in Netherlands?

How bout the fact that most of your top athletes are African immigrants, while the athletes who represent Croatia are pure Croats?

Yeah, shut the fuck up.

Why you posting Neymar, he's Brazilian?

Why don't you mention how many more people live in Netherlands?

How bout the fact that most of your top athletes are African immigrants, while the athletes who represent Croatia are pure Croats?

Yeah, shut the fuck up.

It's a point and laugh emote you dumb muppet.

Goals:

Johnny Heitinga
football-18x18.png

Klaas Jan Huntelaar
football-18x18.png

Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink
football-18x18.png

Those three goal scorers are all as Dutch as it gets, also you mad bro? bork1}

It's a point and laugh emote you dumb muppet.

Goals:

Johnny Heitinga
football-18x18.png

Klaas Jan Huntelaar
football-18x18.png

Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink
football-18x18.png

Those three goal scorers are all as Dutch as it gets, also you mad bro? bork1}
Ya, and how many of your top athletes are of African descent?

Ya I thought so, shut up.

<13>

Only one of the male UFC champions is of Eastern European origin and he didn't grow up 'there', culturally he is an American. There's more evidence in Garbrandt that growing up as a California bro helps you more in MMA than growing up in Eastern Europe does.

Also LOL at this idea that Eastern Europe is 'war torn', that view is outdated as shit. Please tell me which parts of Eastern Europe are war torn these days? Ukraine, maybe? Anywhere else?

It's not even the entirety of Ukraine. It's a smell section of the country -- the Donbass region. I was traveling in Ukraine for about a month while traveling Europe this year, and while most of the country is relatively poor, it isn't war time. And most of the country felt very safe. I was also in 12 other Eastern European countries, including Croatia, and FYROM. Relatively poor compared to the US, but not war-torn.

I was speaking to some people I met in Bratislava about how the city has been displayed in American movies -- Euro Trip, Hostel I & II, etc. -- and it's always extremely dangerous, war-torn countries with no electricity. It's bullshit. Bratislava was a very nice city, even in mid-November when it was cold as fuck. And literally no one ever gave me any sort of trouble for being American. Most people were friendly and helpful if I had a question. In truth, the only place where I had any trouble at all during my travels was in Athens, Greece. Fucking beautiful Greek and Lithuanian women trying to pull bar scams on me. Get fucked!

Anyway, yes, my trip to Eastern Europe was incredible. Croatia was bad ass -- Zagreb was so much fun for being a smaller city -- and I fell in love with Ukraine.

Balkan is truly an unique place, where the extremes collide. When we're good at something, we're better than anyone else. Same thing with being worse than anyone else. If you combine Croatian and Serbian sport achievements, you realize that people here are insanely gifted, especially in team sports.

When I was traveling in Eastern Europe, including the Balkans, just over the past several months, I got the sense that there is always some sense of rivalry between Balkan countries: Croatia, Serbia, Albania, FYROM, etc. (Okay, fine, call it Macedonia. But it isn't the ancient Macedonia.) I think that sense of constant rivalry and the relative poverty and cold mountain winters hardened the people. And to be truthful, it did a good job of hardening the women too. Croatian women seem to be westernizing -- but damn it if the other Balkan women aren't Balkan as fuck. I mean, I love them and everything, but damn...

LEL... genetically he is croatian doesn't matter where he was born or lived his life

BTW... there are no such thing as AMERICANS.... Americans are a bunch of english, irish, french, african fromer slaves etc etc .... it has to pass at least 1 thousand years living in that environment to even think of being a race.

No one is referring to American as a race. But denying the importance of culture is peculiar. The US dominates Olympic swimming. Why? Because as a wealthier civilization with a high number of people with access to Olympic size swimming pools, we have a relatively greater number of Olympic-level swimmers. It's why you can regularly watch our alternates dominate swimming events against the best swimmers of other countries.

And also, on a point of diversity -- the US is a country of diversity, while Europe is a white continent. But if you're not familiar with just how much diversity there is even within individual European countries -- genetic and cultural diversity -- you're misunderstanding or ignorant of a great deal of history.

What about French Canadians?

Roughly same numbers as Croats

They have amongst best hockey players in the world (Lemieux, Roy, brodeur, rocket)

Strongman Hugo Gerard

Boxer David Lemieux

Wwe champ Kevin Owens

One of the most famous singers in the world Celine dion

N of course mma great gsp

No one is referring to American as a race. But denying the importance of culture is peculiar. The US dominates Olympic swimming. Why? Because as a wealthier civilization with a high number of people with access to Olympic size swimming pools, we have a relatively greater number of Olympic-level swimmers. It's why you can regularly watch our alternates dominate swimming events against the best swimmers of other countries.

And also, on a point of diversity -- the US is a country of diversity, while Europe is a white continent. But if you're not familiar with just how much diversity there is even within individual European countries -- genetic and cultural diversity -- you're misunderstanding or ignorant of a great deal of history.

So Americans dominate cause they have more $$$ n ppl from all over the world?

Cool!

So Americans dominate cause they have more $$$ n ppl from all over the world?

Cool!

In terms of swimming at the Olympics? Yes. It means there is a far greater pool of potential swimming talent to scout, train, and coach. Swimming in an Olympic swimming pool is different than swimming in Lake Baikal or at the beach in Brač.

Ya, and how many of your top athletes are of African descent?

Ya I thought so, shut up.

<13>

Just to name one....didn't knew the Dutch most famous athlete and worldwide best player in the world was of African descent?
Dutch-football-legend-Johan-Cruyff.jpg

Croatia never had a superstar like him....the Dutch must have superior genetics right? <13>

Wow, you actually said handball, Croatia is one of the best in the world at it, never heard of Holland doing well in it?

Football, we've had more success than you guys since our independence and actually beat you heads up in a World Cup... but Holland is really good too, so it's close, if we ignore the difference in population and facilities.

Did you say darts? Come on.

Where are you guys in basketball, tennis, skiing, waterpolo, etc?
lol dude the dutch are excellent at sports, don't be so jelly

Serbia is way better than Croatia

Last edited:
Just to name one....didn't knew the Dutch most famous athlete and worldwide best player in the world was of African descent?
Dutch-football-legend-Johan-Cruyff.jpg

Croatia never had a superstar like him....the Dutch must have superior genetics right? <13>
He's got that southern Slav nose, his ancestors were probably Croatian.

<13>

No, I'm also basing it on the fact that they're very competitive in just about every major sport, and no country that size comes close.

Name a country of comparable size, and start listing their top athletes or team rankings, I'll wait...
Samoa.

Yeah they're freaks too, especially when it comes to rugby and bruiser sports. But they lack the technique and finesse to excel at a variety of sports.

You sound poor and Croatian, being a millionaire is not really a big deal in the US any more. Most of the middle class would have assets totaling a million or more, I actually do now that you bring it up. You got me on the supermodel thing though.

Uh......what?

A million in assets isn't middle unless you live in a really expensive community.

Branko Cikatic, first K-1 champ.

Pat Miletich, first UFC LW champ.

George Chuvalo had like 100 fights, including Muhammed Ali, and has never even been knocked down.

Also, do you follow other sports much. Croatia is near the top in just about every major sport, and they are one of the smallest countries.

This pretty good too:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Croatian_NBA_players

I liked Toni Kukoc. He played on the Bulls alongside Michael Jordan.

Back