Croatian HW genetics

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
How does this small country with a population less than metro Boston, produce so many freak athletes?

Just looking at martial arts, you have 2 K-1 champions, a Pride open weight GP champion, a UFC HW champion, and now a 42 year old Mirko becomes the Rizin HW GP champ.

Not to mention all their world class athletes and accomplishment in other sport like soccer, tennis, basketball, etc...

Something in the water I suppose.

stipe_mirko.0.JPG

I've wondered this myself. Lots of big men come from that country from what I understand.

Average height in that part of the world for men is 6 foot plus, same for the Netherlands and Iceland... both pretty small countries as well.

It's that eastern European/Russian genetics thing. Just some different kind of white people over there...

All those accolades you mentioned are off three guys.

All those accolades you mentioned are off three guys.
Branko Cikatic, first K-1 champ.

Pat Miletich, first UFC LW champ.

George Chuvalo had like 100 fights, including Muhammed Ali, and has never even been knocked down.

Also, do you follow other sports much. Croatia is near the top in just about every major sport, and they are one of the smallest countries.

2 people = entire country producing genetic freaks

Bachelor of Sherdog (Majoring in BroScience)

Branko Cikatic, first K-1 champ.

Pat Miletich, first UFC LW champ.

George Chuvalo had like 100 fights, including Muhammed Ali, and has never even been knocked down.

Also, do you follow other sports much. Croatia is near the top in just about every major sport, and they are one of the smallest countries.
Original post didn't mention any of that and that's why i called it out for being such. You can't talk about great genetics or success with such a small sample size.

Original post didn't mention any of that and that's why i called it out for being such. You can't talk about great genetics or success with such a small sample size.
Just making an observation, it's a pissant country with a few million people, yet they're relevant in just about every major sport. It's not a small sample size, soccer is the number one sport in the world, played by every country... yet the Croats are consistently in the top 5 - 10.

In the Balkans, only the strong survive

europe is the love bed for future HW fighters

Just making an observation, it's a pissant country with a few million people, yet they're relevant in just about every major sport. It's not a small sample size, soccer is the number one sport in the world, played by every country... yet the Croats are consistently in the top 5 - 10.
You are missing the point. Your original post was poorly worded and had a small sample size as example. I am not saying Croatia sucks. I have been a fan of heir soccer team since the hakan sukur (spelling?) days

Guess you dont follow pro sports much.

I'
You are missing the point. Your original post was poorly worded and had a small sample size as example. I am not saying Croatia sucks. I have been a fan of heir soccer team since the hakan sukur (spelling?) days

Hakan Sukur is a Turk bro :D. You mean Davor Suker? He's a piece of shit human being though, although he had a few great seasons as a footballer.

Yes freak athletes butt also the discipline and work ethic to train like an elite athlete. Croatians a hard working, gritty and again, very disciplined as a society

I see what you're saying, what can I say I post on sherdog, I'm not a writer.

And I think you mean Davor Suker.

Hakan Sukur was Turkish, but a pretty good striker as well.

I'

Hakan Sukur is a Turk bro :D. You mean Davor Suker? He's a piece of shit human being though, although he had a few great seasons as a footballer.
Lol yeah. I don't know sukers personal issues but guy did make a nice run in the World Cup

Back