Cro Cop would annihilate Jon Jones if they fought in Pride

You may be right! And I want you to be.

But chances are that Bones annihilates him however he chooses.

If it's any consolation Cro Cop Is not a nice guy either, it's almost a certainty he committed war crimes (allegedly[but definitely]).
you're a total fuckin moron he was a kid during that time .. stop speeding bullshit

method=get&rs=70&q=75&x=358&y=18&w=240&h=320&ro=0&s=woodleytyronufc.jpg

Pride CroCop would beat Jones, I agree. He has the style for it, a really good and accurate striker with a lot of power. And he had crazy takedown defense as well, back in the day. I remember him stopping full effort double legs from world champion wrestler Mark Coleman (full on roids) as if it was nothing.
Yet Randlemann knocked him out.

He was a great ring fighter but a d level cage fighter

Stylistically, this actually is a difficult match up for Jones. It isn't just Mirko's style and strengths, but the rules and environment would effect Jones' game a lot. Jones likes to push opponents to the fence and beat them up with dirty boxing, knees, elbows, etc, but he wouldn't be able to do that in Pride against the ropes and his favourite weapon (elbows) is against the rules.

He won't be able to throw elbows against the fence or in the stand up, so no spinning elbows, no elbows on the mat. Elbows are like his most effective attack, so this could greatly effect his game. He won't be able to use the ropes to get TD's like he does in the cage, too. That's where most of his TD's come from. I can see Mirko defending Jones' TD attempts in the center of the ring, most if not all of them, which will greatly effect Jones' game.

Mirko has the striking to put Jones away. His counter punching ability both while moving backwards and forward is truly some of the best we've ever seen in the sport. He was very fast, had great timing, tons of power and accuracy. His kicks (not just the head kicks) need no explanation. This is very winnable for Mirko and I'd actually pick him to win this for sure.

The people acting like Jones beats any version of Mirko are just wrong and need to really think about the things I said about the environment, rules, etc. Another thing people will disagree with is that I believe Mirko is tougher fight for Jones than the great invincible Fedor.

Styles make fights, ladies.

<Fedor23>

kdNZ7_s-200x150.gif
Sure why not? At least you not matching Jon with Fedor, that's just tired now...

And if your dad had pulled out sooner we wouldn't have been blessed with this shit thread.

The sky's the limit in the world of hypotheticals.

Lol no even being handicapped with pride rules jones wins.
He beat Mirko Crocop easy by using wrestling and GNP

Inb4 jones head stomps him to death

Agreed. Cro Cop FTW with out a doubt!!!

Pride CroCop would beat Jones, I agree. He has the style for it, a really good and accurate striker with a lot of power. And he had crazy takedown defense as well, back in the day. I remember him stopping full effort double legs from world champion wrestler Mark Coleman (full on roids) as if it was nothing.
Your AV is epic

people completely ignore that he got ko'd by randleman and gonzaga in his prime. hes consistently ranked in the GOAT rankings but hes only been the 3rd best in his division AT BEST. losing to fedor and nog. thats not even considering the top HWs he didnt fight in his prime like randy or arlovski (arlovski was doing better at striking against fedor than mirko did, until fedor landed that overhand)
i dont even have him in the top 5......

you're a total fuckin moron he was a kid during that time .. stop speeding bullshit
Firstly, don't make it personal.

Secondly, all the main players in the GOONIES were kids, but they got the job done.

That little kid in INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF DOOM, got the job done.

Your IPOD, built by a kid.

Kids are powerful beings when enabled, to think that Mirko is somehow above all children (not talking about height here) I think is a touch naive.

Stylistically, this actually is a difficult match up for Jones. It isn't just Mirko's style and strengths, but the rules and environment would effect Jones' game a lot. Jones likes to push opponents to the fence and beat them up with dirty boxing, knees, elbows, etc, but he wouldn't be able to do that in Pride against the ropes and his favourite weapon (elbows) is against the rules.

He won't be able to throw elbows against the fence or in the stand up, so no spinning elbows, no elbows on the mat. Elbows are like his most effective attack, so this could greatly effect his game. He won't be able to use the ropes to get TD's like he does in the cage, too. That's where most of his TD's come from. I can see Mirko defending Jones' TD attempts in the center of the ring, most if not all of them, which will greatly effect Jones' game.

Mirko has the striking to put Jones away. His counter punching ability both while moving backwards and forward is truly some of the best we've ever seen in the sport. He was very fast, had great timing, tons of power and accuracy. His kicks (not just the head kicks) need no explanation. This is very winnable for Mirko and I'd actually pick him to win this for sure.

The people acting like Jones beats any version of Mirko are just wrong and need to really think about the things I said about the environment, rules, etc. Another thing people will disagree with is that I believe Mirko is tougher fight for Jones than the great invincible Fedor.

Styles make fights, ladies.

<Fedor23>

This is said as if Jones can't make adjustments. He has the highest fight IQ in MMA I think. People said he would suffer from new eye poke rules. That never came up once in the DC rematch and he knocked the man out. Jones wins this fight In a ring with wrestling and GNP or submission. He can clinch without using the cage. And he can strike with anyone. Amazing people still say Jones can't strike. He has out-struck everyone but maybe Gus and he damaged Gus badly and almost finished it in the 4th.

Rampage
Shogun
Rashad
Glover
DC
Vitor

Jones beat them all in the striking realm.

Cro Cop does not have the heart to beat Jon Jones, neither the style. CC thrives against guys with limited striking, who are unable to apply correct pressure and who shoot singles and doubles that he can stuff with his explosive and powerful legs. Jones is a styles mismatch, he burries CC, his strengths are Mirko's weaknesses.

Firstly, don't make it personal.

Secondly, all the main players in the GOONIES were kids, but they got the job done.

That little kid in INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF DOOM, got the job done.

Your IPOD, built by a kid.

Kids are powerful beings when enabled, to think that Mirko is somehow above all children (not talking about height here) I think is a touch naive.
you're a complete fuckin moron… go thank your mom and dad

Back