Cro Cop won't be at Rizin 14 bc Floyd "exhausted Rizin's budget"; Will fight first half of next year

infamousXX87XX

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Because of all this, we called Cro Cop and challenged the situation. Since you have not been announced at the official press, does this mean that you will not be in the program of a traditional New Year event? - We asked our fighter.

Boxing Exhibit

- Yes, this year I will not play at Riz 's New Year's Eve. Rizin decided to bring the famous boxer Floyd Mayweather to perform an exibition match with Tenshin Nasukaw , and considering that Floyd was the most expensive athlete of the day, he himself exhausted Rizin's budget by not calling any of the foreign fighters, but the rest of the event was filled with Japanese fighters - Cro Cop told us.

What do you think about the Mayweather boxer fight and the Japanese chopper easier and up to ten pounds that will not have the right to kick your feet?

- Honest to be, that fight, better boxing excerpt than three rounds for three minutes, is not really interested. For one against the other two lightweight fighters will flutter, one of 69 kilograms and the other with 58 kilograms, and no matter how good they are, this does not attract me. But to my friend Sakakibari, owner of Rizina, I think it's all a success and to be profitable, because I know he has invested enormous effort and enormous money to keep that match or show, I do not know how to call it. And I am not sure how the Japanese audience will react to some kind of exibition because they are accustomed to the right, unmanageable struggles and therefore the only sense in their confrontation is that it is a real fight. Because, Tenshin, no matter how talented and a good kicker, and in that world class, he has only 58 kg and never boxed. Mayweather is weighing more than 10 pounds, which is a huge difference in these potholes, and is still the best boxer of all time in its category.

Do you mind if your fight has fallen since you have invested time, energy, and probably money to make your camp work?

- On the contrary. I do not mind that . Moreover, I am happy to spend New Year holidays at home, with my family, and it will be a rare situation that I was with them at that time. Actually, given that I knew what the situation was, I did not even begin specific preparations for the New Year's fight. But I still train twice a day, regardless of whether I fight or not. Old habits are severely dying - Filipovic said, giving the impression that this whole situation did not severely fall.

Saves a new performance

"Since you are constantly in business, you are not a campaigner, but a training addict, you can, of course, prepare yourself very quickly for the fight.
When can we expect your next appearance and in which martial organization?
- I'll be in the first half of next year, and I'll post details when everything is formalized.

https://m.vecernji.hr/sport/cro-cop-se-nece-boriti-na-staru-godinu-otkrivamo-zbog-cega-1285857

Looks to me like he might be fighting in Bellator in his next fight.....

Because of all this, we called Cro Cop and challenged the situation. Since you have not been announced at the official press, does this mean that you will not be in the program of a traditional New Year event? - We asked our fighter.

Boxing Exhibit

- Yes, this year I will not play at Riz 's New Year's Eve. Rizin decided to bring the famous boxer Floyd Mayweather to perform an exibition match with Tenshin Nasukaw , and considering that Floyd was the most expensive athlete of the day, he himself exhausted Rizin's budget by not calling any of the foreign fighters, but the rest of the event was filled with Japanese fighters - Cro Cop told us.

What do you think about the Mayweather boxer fight and the Japanese chopper easier and up to ten pounds that will not have the right to kick your feet?

- Honest to be, that fight, better boxing excerpt than three rounds for three minutes, is not really interested. For one against the other two lightweight fighters will flutter, one of 69 kilograms and the other with 58 kilograms, and no matter how good they are, this does not attract me. But to my friend Sakakibari, owner of Rizina, I think it's all a success and to be profitable, because I know he has invested enormous effort and enormous money to keep that match or show, I do not know how to call it. And I am not sure how the Japanese audience will react to some kind of exibition because they are accustomed to the right, unmanageable struggles and therefore the only sense in their confrontation is that it is a real fight. Because, Tenshin, no matter how talented and a good kicker, and in that world class, he has only 58 kg and never boxed. Mayweather is weighing more than 10 pounds, which is a huge difference in these potholes, and is still the best boxer of all time in its category.

Do you mind if your fight has fallen since you have invested time, energy, and probably money to make your camp work?

- On the contrary. I do not mind that . Moreover, I am happy to spend New Year holidays at home, with my family, and it will be a rare situation that I was with them at that time. Actually, given that I knew what the situation was, I did not even begin specific preparations for the New Year's fight. But I still train twice a day, regardless of whether I fight or not. Old habits are severely dying - Filipovic said, giving the impression that this whole situation did not severely fall.

Saves a new performance

"Since you are constantly in business, you are not a campaigner, but a training addict, you can, of course, prepare yourself very quickly for the fight.
When can we expect your next appearance and in which martial organization?
- I'll be in the first half of next year, and I'll post details when everything is formalized.

https://m.vecernji.hr/sport/cro-cop-se-nece-boriti-na-staru-godinu-otkrivamo-zbog-cega-1285857

Looks to me like he might be fighting in Bellator in his next fight.....
Yep...it looks like that to me as well...

He is better off fighting in Bellator anyways. Rizin is still in transition, almost like an identity crisis. About to do their 14th show and they still don't know what they want to be, what kind of org, etc.

Bellator is more stable of a home for fighters like cro cop.

He is better off fighting in Bellator anyways. Rizin is still in transition, almost like an identity crisis. About to do their 14th show and they still don't know what they want to be, what kind of org, etc.

Bellator is more stable of a home for fighters like cro cop.
I’d like to see Cro Cop Kongo for the title shot. Or let him fight Nelson and try to avenge that L.

This whole Floyd/Rizin thing seems like the most disparate hail mary shot ever for an org. I won't be holding my breath for the next Rizin event after NYE. This is worse than like the local org that brings in Bob Sapp for 50K to go lay down in the cage or ring when his opponent gets within reaching distance of him.

Like 2004 account said, they still don't even know what they want to be from an org standpoint and that is about all that needs to be said about Rizin.

Why can't JMMA just go be JMMA and not try to be this bigger than life spectacle and feel like anything short of that is just failure. Maybe try building the sport better in Japan to the point you don't have to rely on freakshows to get ratings to keep your org afloat.

The funny thing is, no one is even talking about this "exhibition" boxing match with Floyd. This place had a whole sub forum for Conor Floyd and not a peep about this fight. I just don't know how Rizin will benefit off this, especially since its not even a real sanctioned match and to make money off Floyd fights, you need the American PPV buying demographic.

[QTE="ImNotSurpisedDonks!, post: 147034673, member: 511843"]The funny thing is, no one is even talking about this "exhibition" boxing match with Floyd. This place had a whole sub forum for Conor Floyd and not a peep about this fight. I just don't know how Rizin will benefit off this, especially since its not even a real sanctioned match and to make money off Floyd fights, you need the American PPV buying demographic.[/QUOTE]
I didn't even know this was happening. Last I heard Flord saidhe wasnt fighting there. Zero buzz about this exhibition fight.

I have zero interest in watching an exhibition and even if it was a proper boxing match it's a terrible matchup. Rizin should focus on MMA this is a waste of money

Why can't JMMA just go be JMMA and not try to be this bigger than life spectacle and feel like anything short of that is just failure. Maybe try building the sport better in Japan to the point you don't have to rely on freakshows to get ratings to keep your org afloat.

They've been building the sport there for like 25 years+, how much more building can there be? There just appears to be less demand for it now

Hopefully he can get on the Feb UK Bellator card vs Sergei or Kongo

How often do you talk about Shooto, DEEP, Pancrase, etc? It's not much different elsewhere. KSW gets ratings off of comically muscled guys, Bellator's best ratings are things like Kimbo vs Shamrock, even UFC gets ratings off of the back of shenanigans. Nobody watches LFA, Titan, etc. It's hardly just a JMMA thing.

They've been building the sport there for like 25 years+, how much more building can there be? There just appears to be less demand for it now

That is kind of my point. The market is saying you shouldn't be blowing as much on production as they do and they shouldn't be going out trying to pay Floyd millions for nothing but a cheap pop one night at the expense of the future of the company. Fans around the forums clamoring for some PRIDE 2.0 or 3.0 seem to always forget a big part of what made Pride great was its talent. Everything else was icing on the cake.

How often do you talk about Shooto, DEEP, Pancrase, etc? It's not much different elsewhere. KSW gets ratings off of comically muscled guys, Bellator's best ratings are things like Kimbo vs Shamrock, even UFC gets ratings off of the back of shenanigans. Nobody watches LFA, Titan, etc. It's hardly just a JMMA thing.

But what you're forgetting about many of those orgs is they aren't doing it as a hail mary to more or less to keep the org going. It's a side note to everything else there doing. There in business regardless if they do Kimbo vs Shamrock or whatever. They aren't blowing their wad on one night. I also was very critical of Bellator doing the Kimbo and Gracie stuff. To me it was a waste of money that could've gone to securing much better talent for long term growth.

If they got the money to do this deal with Floyd just think how far that money could go securing multiple top talent that can fight multiple times a year for you and maybe help build your foundation in Japan as being the premier MMA org. Far to often these orgs run basically from one show to the next with little vision to the future. I think Rizin is a perfect example of an org with no direction what so ever. Hard to build yourself to your audience when you don't even know what you are.

Oh well, I enjoy Rizin and will continue to support it but I don't have much faith in them being around much longer.

That is kind of my point. The market is saying you shouldn't be blowing as much on production as they do and they shouldn't be going out trying to pay Floyd millions for nothing but a cheap pop one night at the expense of the future of the company. Fans around the forums clamoring for some PRIDE 2.0 or 3.0 seem to always forget a big part of what made Pride great was its talent. Everything else was icing on the cake.

But what you're forgetting about many of those orgs is they aren't doing it as a hail mary to more or less to keep the org going. It's a side note to everything else there doing. There in business regardless if they do Kimbo vs Shamrock or whatever. They aren't blowing their wad on one night. I also was very critical of Bellator doing the Kimbo and Gracie stuff. To me it was a waste of money that could've gone to securing much better talent for long term growth.

If they got the money to do this deal with Floyd just think how far that money could go securing multiple top talent that can fight multiple times a year for you and maybe help build your foundation in Japan as being the premier MMA org. Far to often these orgs run basically from one show to the next with little vision to the future. I think Rizin is a perfect example of an org with no direction what so ever. Hard to build yourself to your audience when you don't even know what you are.

Oh well, I enjoy Rizin and will continue to support it but I don't have much faith in them being around much longer.

In the latest Rizin Confessions video (#25), Tenshin's boxing trainer seems to think Nasukawa will head over to boxing after his bout with Mayweather. This could be Rizin's "Kamakazee" event.

I’d like to see Cro Cop Kongo for the title shot. Or let him fight Nelson and try to avenge that L.

CC/Kongo sounds good. Both are old as shit but both close to deserving a title shot. Why not?

Like totally exhausted or just the budget for NYE so they can only do 1 show and have to skimp on the rest of the card?

They sold out Saitama quickly (in hours) with this announcement. I think they will do fine with their ratings. Everyone wants to see Floyd fight.

Back