Cro Cop loses by submission (neck crank)

Man, that makes me sad to see a legend like him lose to a brutish kesa gatame.

If you can submit someone like Mirko Filipovic with just Hon Kesa Gatame then you must have some sick Osae-Waza skills. Still, Cro Cop was never really a grappler.

Eh....that wasn't a submission! Only Cro Cop believed it was one!

Notice his right arm was actually free at the end. Cro Cop could have turned into him or even just scooted up.

Something else has to be the reason, whether he didn't want to risk hurting an existing neck injury or exhaustion. That one could have been fought. No doubt his opponent was extremely strong though.

ah thats so gay, well at least he didnt got koed

Cro Cop really needs to retire. He doesn't have it anymore.

That's some Mark Coleman 1996 stuff.

This is what Chael thinks of Oleinik's grappling....

sonnen-flying-knee-o.gif

The guy he lost to also subbed Jeff Monson, so he's pretty good at what he does.

Looks like a Sapp-esque performance by Mirko.

Not sure why he even shows up anymore.

I dont know if you guys know or took the time to check on alexey, but he has some sick grappling skills....

I'm guessing a body choke. Hips off the floor, all weight into cro cop. Strangled his lungs.

Sucks to see. Anyone know how much grappling he's been doing over the last few years? He's only had one MMA fight against a pro wrestler since coming out of retirement (besides the Oleinik fight) and has been undefeated in kickboxing over the last couple of years, too.

I'm guessing a body choke. Hips off the floor, all weight into cro cop. Strangled his lungs.
Plus curling CC's upper body forward. Positional asphyxiation.

Breaks my heart to see how far Mirko has fallen.

dzex.jpg

Plus curling CC's upper body forward. Positional asphyxiation.

This. I've subbed a few BJJ guys like that. One guy said I injured his ribs, which I didn't intend to do, but I guess a size difference adds some oomph.

Back