critique my performance (Steve Miller cover guitar and vocals)

CrimsonFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Started learning this song the other day. Steve Miller is the man.

That first video I had was wack. Did another take and it came out way better. There's not many covers of this song on YouTube

Critique, flame, enjoy

Last edited:
That HIV will make your pic hang sideways...

Pretty good job. You need a better guitar though. Is that a 12 string?

Pretty good job. You need a better guitar though. Is that a 12 string?
Yeah its all I have right now. I just have six on there. Its a decent guitar , video quality just sucks

Why the fuck am I sideways
This has happened to me before. You turned the phone and started recording without the phone adjusting and 'turning' to whatever way you had it. Sometimes will happen if you turn it quickly.

Playing was pretty good, though i don't think that song is made for your vocals. Not knocking you, just saying you would do better with a different song.

Yeah I just love this song. I should probably change the key or something it could be a lot better. Thanks for listening

<5>

Good shit. You have a touch of Bob Seger growl to your voice in places, at least to my ears. Some nice playing, too.

Question, did you get 'red light anxiety'?

I get that all the time, a part/song I could play easily 5 minutes before I hit record suddenly becoming super difficult, making mistakes all over the place.

<5>

Good shit. You have a touch of Bob Seger growl to your voice in places, at least to my ears. Some nice playing, too.

Question, did you get 'red light anxiety'?

I get that all the time, a part/song I could play easily 5 minutes before I hit record suddenly becoming super difficult, making mistakes all over the place.
Eh, I'm usually good about performing on the spot. The cover is still new to me, so just getting through the song without fumbling the lyrics was hard. And when I finally did I just uploaded it lol. Then realized I could do better. I was drunk last night too :p

Eh, I'm usually good about performing on the spot. The cover is still new to me, so just getting through the song without fumbling the lyrics was hard. And when I finally did I just uploaded it lol. Then realized I could do better. I was drunk last night too :p

Fair enough! I am terrible for flubbing stuff all over the place when it comes to recording it.

Perhaps the Dutch courage helped you out, haha.

Fair enough! I am terrible for flubbing stuff all over the place when it comes to recording it.

Perhaps the Dutch courage helped you out, haha.
Yea recording is tedious because you want it to be perfect. A mistake you would normally just play through turns into "scratch that I fucked up". That definately happens. Thanks for listening :)

Shameless bump. Was hoping to get a view more opinions and critique.

Back