Criticism of Jordan Peterson thread v3

Is Jordan Peterson a genius?

• Yes

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • No

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • I think he's a genius is in his field and in key areas but I object to views he has outside it

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I think he's a genius and right on most issues I care about and can overlook imperfections.

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • He's an idiot in every area, even in psychology, and clearly was not deserving of being his position

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think he's intellectually capable and is problematic because of what he does with his capabilities

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • There are select issues I vehemently disagree on but he's of very high intellect in most arenas

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • He has no scholarly/intellectual capabilities and only appears to have any if you're jsut stupid

• He's just a man going through life the best he can, but he often has no idea what he's talking about

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • He's genuinely smart but not truly a genius

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait.. I'ma need some elaboration.
He once said that Frozen isn't art, its propaganda designed to teach girls they don't need a man. Not his finest insight and I say that as someone who thinks Frozen was garbage.

He once said that Frozen isn't art, its propaganda designed to teach girls they don't need a man. Not his finest insight and I say that as someone who thinks Frozen was garbage.

You do understand that movies tend to be crafted with an underline message though, right?

I'd have to rewatch frozen again to see what he's referring too. But Star Wars TLJ had Poe's arc was to listen to his female superiors.

Btw you called this 9 months ago. Right on the nose.

Also, Sam Harris is now communicating with and defending Molyneux. And his latest podcast was a little...troubling. I worry he's slipping.

Who is that and what did Sam Harris say?
No it's not. It's enforced single partner marriage for government recognition. It has no bearing on polygamous relationships that don't seek government recognition. Of which, there are far more such relationships that people imagine.

So is this guy suggeatinf make that illegal? Force women to be each have 1 man only?

Who is that and what did Sam Harris say?

So is this guy suggeatinf make that illegal? Force women to be each have 1 man only?

My misunderstanding of the extent of Canadian polygamy law aside....

I can't see how enforced monogamy is defined as anything except forcing women to select a partner and to limit that to 1 man apiece. Especially, when the goal is to make sure that we don't end up with angry single men.

There is no concern about angry single women unable to find mates and the cost to society that they might create. There's also no emphasis on men only having 1 partner, not cheating, etc. I find that an interesting lack of emphasis.

The "reason" to enforce monogamy is to give some men something that they might not otherwise earn on their own but the restrictions are all stated in terms of limiting female action, not male. It's not surprising that some people might start wondering about unspoken intent.

Huh? Here's a case of someone being convicted of polygamy two months ago.

https://www.canlii.org/en/bc/bcsc/doc/2018/2018bcsc367/2018bcsc367.html

You're literally pulling fake news out of your ass.

(Note: None of this is relevant to the thread, or anything Peterson has said. But if you want to make a demonstrably false statement, I'm going to address it.)

Well you got me there but no need to go full on asshole with the fake news route.

“There are only two other convictions for polygamy in Canadian history, but because those cases took place in 1899 and 1906 they do not help in determining sentences for Blackmore and Oler, he “

Besides these two very recent convictions, there is nothing since 1906. So yeah sorry I have not been monitoring polygamy cases on a month by month basis.

And yes as we both said not entirely relevant to the argunment. Are there any cases of this being enforced outside of marriage, ie polyamorous relationships being prosecuted. Any cases of single people being prosecuted for sleeping around? JP is talking about more than seldomly enforced polygamy laws when he talks about enforced monogamy as a cure for the plight of the Toronto killer.

Last edited:
Really? I thought he was noticeably triggered. "I'm very offended by your words!", in a debate about political correctness no less.

Dyson said nothing of substance while tossing out a racial slur his privileged black ass can get away with saying. Sure, he used allot of nice big words but Peterson simply asked "how can I get to the point where you will listen to anything I say?" (you know...so they could ACTUALLY HAVE A FUCKING DEBATE?) to which Dyson went off on a tangent about how successful Petersen is...(which just fyi...didn't answer the fucking question at all...)

But to the point, you think whitey could have retorted "you are a just another cry baby black man"? He'd have been vilified for being racist. Because he's not a privileged black guy able to toss out racial slurs and get away with it.

Which reminds me; I love how blacks have tried to redefine racism as being about who's in a position of power and whom isn't. Allowing them to get away with this bullshit.

Last edited:
Really? I thought he was noticeably triggered. "I'm very offended by your words!", in a debate about political correctness no less.

Yeah Peterson is a walking contradiction and dyson destroyed him, but he wins by default just by being JP (similar to the trump lovers t)

My misunderstanding of the extent of Canadian polygamy law aside....

I can't see how enforced monogamy is defined as anything except forcing women to select a partner and to limit that to 1 man apiece. Especially, when the goal is to make sure that we don't end up with angry single men.

There is no concern about angry single women unable to find mates and the cost to society that they might create. There's also no emphasis on men only having 1 partner, not cheating, etc. I find that an interesting lack of emphasis.

The "reason" to enforce monogamy is to give some men something that they might not otherwise earn on their own but the restrictions are all stated in terms of limiting female action, not male. It's not surprising that some people might start wondering about unspoken intent.

As @Fawlty said

maxresdefault.jpg

Yeah Peterson is a walking contradiction and dyson destroyed him, but he wins by default just by being JP (similar to the trump lovers t)

Peterson has a lot of genuinely good and very well-thought-out insights on various subjects. You're free to disagree with them. But you guys aren't interested in honest discussion, all you want to do is post 30 second clips to try and twist and mangle his words and personally attack him. It's pathetic, you people are sick and doing northing except making the discussion dumber and dumber.

Jordan Peterson is a mean mad white man:

This is war room gold

Per this debate the reactions from both the left and the right are entirely predictable. Each side thinks their guy won, wrecked, slayed, EVICERATED!!! the other side. None of that, however, matters. The only thing that matters - in any political conversation really - is the reaction of those centrists who are capable of being swayed. To that point...

Last edited:

How the hell did Dyson "destroy" him?

All he did was use a bunch of big words in long winded sentences to basically say in a debate no less...

"You can't comment on white privledge because you are white"

Lol.

Oh and within the midst of that puke he managed to get away with a racial slur twice.

Me thinks English is your second language.

"Hey let's debate about white priveledge! Oh but keep in mind everything you say is wrong because you are white!" Fucking ehl oh ehl.

It's like he doesn't realize how much propaganda has been designed to teach boys they don't need a woman.

“He was angry at God because women were rejecting him,” Mr. Peterson says of the Toronto killer. “The cure for that is enforced monogamy. That’s actually why monogamy emerges.”

The market spoke about these boys. "You're rewarded for what you produce, not what you deserve." Maybe Peterson really believes in universal basic income and healthcare now too?

Per this debate the reactions from both the left and the right are entirely predictable. Each side thinks their guy won, wrecked, slated, EVICERATED!!! the other side. None of that, however, matters. The only thing that matters - in any political conversation really - is the reaction of those centrists who are capable of being swayed. To that point...

I'm always amused when I find the same debate on YouTube posted with different titles, each claiming the other side was "destroyed".

After all, the only thing that matters is that your team wins.

Peterson has a lot of genuinely good and very well-thought-out insights on various subjects. You're free to disagree with them. But you guys aren't interested in honest discussion, all you want to do is post 30 second clips to try and twist and mangle his words and personally attack him. It's pathetic, you people are sick and doing northing except making the discussion dumber and dumber.
ZdorovKirillVladimirovich_0.jpg

The video dealt with JPs points(or lack of) without personal attacks. But you JP cultists see every criticism of JP as an personal attack.

There are plenty of good criticism of Peterson here is some others...

But you wont see them you are in to deep.

How the hell did Dyson "destroy" him?

All he did was use a bunch of big words in long winded sentences to basically say in a debate no less...

"You can't comment on white privledge because you are white"

Lol.

Oh and within the midst of that puke he managed to get away with a racial slur twice.

Me thinks English is your second language.

"Hey let's debate about white priveledge! Oh but keep in mind everything you say is wrong because you are white!" Fucking ehl oh ehl.

Lol great way to put your own spin on it.

Yea english is my second language i think its yours to...

I'm always amused when I find the same debate on YouTube posted with different titles, each claiming the other side was "destroyed".

After all, the only thing that matters is that your team wins.

In this instance regarding white privledge. The battle was over before it began. Once you try to start a debate with the ideology that your opponents cant have a fucking voice of opinion based off of some self constructed ideology...you've lost.

Lol great way to put your own spin on it.

Yea english is my second language i think its yours to...

It's not a spin. What was dyson answer to Peterson asking him how he could have a voice on the topic of white
priveledge?

Hint: there wasn't any answer. Dyson just lists off Petersen's resume and successes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back