Cris Cyborg vs. Yana Kunitskaya Set For UFC 222 (Poll)

Who wins?

• Total voters
They never should've brought Cyborg into the UFC.

Still in court trying to get a legal work visa I think.

It's weird they couldn't find a bigger girl a more natural FW then BW (just to shut Cyborg up about needing to defend vs FW contenders), but I guess most women this size float between the two anyways.
Itll be fun to see Cyborg really smash someone again. And Edgar v ortega gonna be good.

I hope they still get Cody on the card too.

So let's see, a .500 record in her last 5 fights, moving up from Bantamweight, and making her UFC debut.
Yep, sounds like a typical Cyborg opponent.
I'm not even surprised anymore.
<{hughesimpress}><{cruzshake}>

If only it were a competition based on looks. Sorry Yana, not gonna happen.

Those people voting for Yana must be trolling.

I thought Cyborg wanted to fight featherweights. Isn't that the whole reason she didn't want the Nunes fight?

Edit: ok she's stepping in to save a card. Long as that fight is still on the table.

Yana Kunitskaya spent most of her MMA career at featherweight. Even when Invicta picked her up it was to be a featherweight but she wanted to fight at bantamweight to get into the UFC. Like lots of other featherweights. Remember the UFC only had bantamweight for the larger women in MMA until recently.

Featherweight Yana Kunitskaya Added to Invicta FC Roster
December 29, 2015/by Rob Tatum
Kansas City, Mo. — Invicta Fighting Championships has added another new face to its featherweight division.

Russia’s Yana Kunitskaya (8-1) has signed with the promotion. The 26-year-old will return to professional competition following a three-year absence from the sport. Prior to that, “Foxy” reeled off six straight wins, including five, first-round knockouts.

Of her eight career wins, Kunitskaya has stopped six by way of strikes, including a 34-second stoppage of current Invicta fighter Cindy Dandois. He lone career loss came against another Invicta veteran, Maria Hougaard Djursaa, in 2010. The former Bushido FC champion also has professional kickboxing experience.

Look for Kunitskaya to make her promotional debut in 2016.

About Invicta FC:

http://www.invictafc.com/2015/12/29/featherweight-yana-kunitskaya-added-to-invicta-fc-roster/

(Edit) I remember prior to her having her child she wanted to move up to Lightweight.

Max vs Frankie wasn't selling anymore than 150k tops with the undercard it had. Cyborg & Edgar in the main/Co-main probably does the same 100-150k. Maybe 300k if Cyborg really is a big draw.

The card as a whole is pretty deep & interesting. Can't wait to stream it.

So another BW and not even a good one? Where is all the talk about Nunes fighting her? She already said no months ago.

126_Tonya-Evinger-and-Yana-Kunitskaya.jpg

Raquel-Paaluhi-vs-Yana-Kunitskaya-Invicta-FC-25-weigh.jpg

Capture5-Cropped.jpg

ec8521a92b075f140793c3b9e8ad55b0.gif
Her face's gonna be rearranged, but her ass is her best asset anyway. She should be fine <Gordonhat>

Yana Kunitskaya spent most of her MMA career at featherweight. Even when Invicta picked her up it was to be a featherweight but she wanted to fight at bantamweight to get into the UFC. Like lots of other featherweights.

Featherweight Yana Kunitskaya Added to Invicta FC Roster
December 29, 2015/by Rob Tatum
Kansas City, Mo. — Invicta Fighting Championships has added another new face to its featherweight division.

Russia’s Yana Kunitskaya (8-1) has signed with the promotion. The 26-year-old will return to professional competition following a three-year absence from the sport. Prior to that, “Foxy” reeled off six straight wins, including five, first-round knockouts.

Of her eight career wins, Kunitskaya has stopped six by way of strikes, including a 34-second stoppage of current Invicta fighter Cindy Dandois. He lone career loss came against another Invicta veteran, Maria Hougaard Djursaa, in 2010. The former Bushido FC champion also has professional kickboxing experience.

Look for Kunitskaya to make her promotional debut in 2016.

About Invicta FC:

http://www.invictafc.com/2015/12/29/featherweight-yana-kunitskaya-added-to-invicta-fc-roster/
but, but, ...

So another BW and not even a good one? Where is all the talk about Nunes fighting her? She already said no months ago.
This is most certainly a bout they scraped together to salvage the card. The Nunes fight was being discussed for late spring or summer.

Wait why isn't Cyborg fighting Cat? Shes on the same card and a much better fighter.

Voted for Yana because just like the UFC, I like to make ridiculous choices

I like both girls but this is totally ridiculous

giphy.gif

Wait why isn't Cyborg fighting Cat? Shes on the same card and a much better fighter.
They don't want to scrap the Vieira fight because the winner of Cat vs Vieira could be challenging for the title soon with the state BW is in?

They don't want to scrap the Vieira fight because the winner of Cat vs Vieira could be challenging for the title soon with the state BW is in?

Cat isn't fighting again for at least a year. Might as well use her now.

I figure this might help. It is an older look into Rankings from FightJerk.com from August 2011.

Women's Featherweight (145)
#1. Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos
#2. Yuko "Hiroko" Yamanaka
#3. Amanda Nunes
#4. Rin Nakai
#5. Milana Dudieva
#6. Julia Budd
#7. Yana Kunitskaya
#8. Elaina Maxwell
#9. Ronda Rousey
#10. Cindy Dandois

http://www.fightjerk.com/p/north-american-mixed-martial-arts.html

As some of you probably know Rin Nakai and Milana Dudieva are fighting down in weight now. Nakai at flyweight and Dudieva actually now trying strawweight at this coming Invicta.

Others are at bantamweight or still at featherweight.

Back