Cris Cyborg signs new Deal with UFC.

If Holly beats the only relevant fighter in the division it will prove the division wasn't needed.
No, there's plenty of 145 for her to fight, WME needs to bring them in. I don't think they're sweating it anyway, Holly is not going to beat Cyborg.

Great news. Can't wait to see more 135ers move up for one-offs so we can all pretend that Cyborg is some magnificent fighter by beating women from smaller divisions.

Holy loses and she is in the mix, since she is the only one apart from Cyborg xD

What the hell are they going to do with her though?

There just aren't enough fighters her size. If Holly is remotely competitive I am sure they will rematch at some point, but when she can barely make 145 and everyone else good can cut to 135, who is this division going to consist of?

That is the question no one had answered.

I don't think much of Cyborg for a number of reasons, but she is a legitimately talented fighter and it is frustrating seeing her against constantly shitty competition.
I think they’re just keeping her because she’s definitely a draw in Brazil. Even if there’s no one that wants to be in that division because of her, they can still pay people to fight her and will make money off her fighting in Brazil. It’s better to make money off of her then let someone else do it.

"The deal is rumored to make her the highest paid female fighter currently on the UFC roster, and one of the top paid fighters for the promotion.

Uh oh, haters not gonna like this

As much as I dislike Cyborg’s abuse of PEDs, can’t hate on her for getting paid.

Love her or hate her, I’ll watch her fight every single time.

No, there's plenty of 145 for her to fight, WME needs to bring them in. I don't think they're sweating it anyway, Holly is not going to beat Cyborg.

Lol stop it. The division is nonexistent. Aside from Cyborg and Megan it's best fighters are women too lazy to cut to 135 (or weren't good enough to compete there).

Name these talented 145ers.

And people thought the UFC would release her after she smacked Magana.

Lol stop it. The division is nonexistent. Aside from Cyborg and Megan it's best fighters are women too lazy to cut to 135 (or weren't good enough to compete there).

Name these talented 145ers.
Talented is a relative term but they should just migrate some of the Invicta 145ers (ala Megan Anderson), maybe pick off one or two from Bellator and continue to offer fights to big 135ers. The point here is to have a division regardless of overall talent. If you build it, they will come. You can't snap your fingers and expect a stacked division, It takes time. The next great 145er might still be a teenager. Remember when Ronda fought Liz Carrmouche for the inaugural belt? How big and stacked was that division? So then Holly makes the transition and Nunes rises through Invicta and eventually becomes champ in the UFC, etc that's how things work.

Bellator and Invicta both have a thriving FW division. I dont know why people keep posting that rhetoric. There are women in the world of all sizes.

I don't know about thriving, the Bellator division has had a total of 9 fights in 2016 and 2017. Invicta have done a little better with 12 fights over the same period.

I'm pretty damn excited about her and Holly I'm not going to lie but I hope they get more good talent in that class soon

Talented is a relative term but they should just migrate some of the Invicta 145ers (ala Megan Anderson), maybe pick off one or two from Bellator and continue to offer fights to big 135ers. The point here is to have a division regardless of overall talent. If you build it, they will come. You can't snap your fingers and expect a stacked division, It takes time. The next great 145er might still be a teenager. Remember when Ronda fought Liz Carrmouche for the inaugural belt? How big and stacked was that division? So then Holly makes the transition and Nunes rises through Invicta and eventually becomes champ in the UFC, etc that's how things work.

You're confusing the timeline. Both Holly and Nunes were already fighting when Ronda fought Carmouche. They both started in mma before Ronda did. The bantamweight division was thriving already.

The UFC didn't build the women's bantamweight division. They took it from Strikeforce who already had Ronda, Tate, Nunes, Zingano, Davis, Carmouche, etc.

The fact is no other promotion, not even the one specifically for women, has been able to build up a talent pool. That should speak for itself.

Last edited:
She and Wand have a new clothing line coming out

I don't know about thriving, the Bellator division has had a total of 9 fights in 2016 and 2017. Invicta have done a little better with 12 fights over the same period.
not bad for WMMA I guess. its just proof there are female FW's out there.

Bellator and Invicta both have a thriving FW division. I dont know why people keep posting that rhetoric. There are women in the world of all sizes.

Thriving is a lie. Invicta has 9 listed FW fighters who hardly fight.

Bellator has 13.

Most are blown up BWs.

Julia Budd, Charmaine Tweet, Daria Ibragimova, Talita Nogueira; those are probably the only ones who are remotely decent I can find of the top of my head.

What the hell are they going to do with her though?

There just aren't enough fighters her size. If Holly is remotely competitive I am sure they will rematch at some point, but when she can barely make 145 and everyone else good can cut to 135, who is this division going to consist of?

That is the question no one had answered.

I don't think much of Cyborg for a number of reasons, but she is a legitimately talented fighter and it is frustrating seeing her against constantly shitty competition.

Well, Cyborg is the one who continued to gain weight, and weighs far more than when she first asked to be released from her original UFC contract. And with respect to who she can fight, you will probably get the "if you build it, they will come" mantra by idiots who do not realize that 145 has always been a wasteland of talent.

Thriving is a lie. Invicta has 9 listed FW fighters who hardly fight.

Bellator has 13.

Most are blown up BWs.

Julia Budd, Charmaine Tweet, Daria Ibragimova, Talita Nogueira; those are probably the only ones who are remotely decent I can find of the top of my head.
So you admit there are FW outside the UFC. Your opinion on how good they are is irrelevant. Fights can be made and divisions built up just like Strawweight, Fly weight, BW, FW, and Atomweight. Hell there are even fights for Gabi.

http://thewmma.com/pro-rankings/

https://www.tapology.com/rankings/1265-top-women-featherweight-fighters

Back