Cris Cyborg has quietly become a bigger draw than Cormier

That is false. DC v. Stipe got way more promotion than any Cyborg fight. And no, nobody on the undercard can explain the buys. There were no ppv draws on those cards.

There were threads regularly about how little promotion DC vs Stipe was getting. It was a thing back then.

Cyborg has had Khabib, Oretga, Edgar, O'Malley, Arlovksi, Barboza, Condit. All very known fighters to either new and old fans on her last 2 cards.

None of them are what we would call draws but combined they can pull an audience.

Also, Cyborg and DCs numbers are both shit. Her drawing similar to a great like DC doesn't mean she is this great draw it means DC isn't a good one.

Yeah she has some decent numbers considering the current buy rate climate in the UFC. She's doing a lot better than many champions and they pay her less.

If they dub over her voice she may sell better to casuals.

UFC 230, one of the biggest cards of the year with DC headlining against a fan favorite did 250k buys. UFC 222, a throwaway card with a last minute Cyborg fight against a fighter most people had never heard of did 260k.

UFC 226, the heavyweight super fight with DC facing the most dominant UFC heavyweight champ ever did 380k buys. The same number as UFC 219, with Cyborg fighting a 1-3 Holly Holm.

Cyborg as a champion of a nonexistent division with very little promotion is drawing the same or better buys as the heavyweight/light heavyweight double champ and one of the all time greats. It's time for the UFC to start hyping her up and throwing their promotional weight behind her.

Cyborg has more balls than Cormier. Cyborg doesn't get wins by eyepokes or wrestlefucking either and I don't remember her crying in the Octagon.

I think that only a few names sell all by themselves. McGregor, GSP and Lesnar. Every other card needs matchups and volume

There were threads regularly about how little promotion DC vs Stipe was getting. It was a thing back then.

Cyborg has had Khabib, Oretga, Edgar, O'Malley, Arlovksi, Barboza, Condit. All very known fighters to either new and old fans on her last 2 cards.

None of them are what we would call draws but combined they can pull an audience.

Also, Cyborg and DCs numbers are both shit. Her drawing similar to a great like DC doesn't mean she is this great draw it means DC isn't a good one.

Lol at trying to use undercard fighters to justify the ppv buys. Cormier has had Weidman, Jacare, Stipe, Black Beast, Showtime, Ngannou, etc. Heck, let's just say Conor isn't selling millions of ppvs, it's all the undercard fighters right? Lol gtfo. You sound like one of those guys who were arguing Ronda wasn't a draw and it was the other fighters on the card.

You can't seriously believe that if 219 had been replaced by let's say Max Holloway it would've done 380k. You're delusional if you believe that, because none of his other ppvs have approached that number, regardless of who was on the undercard. Max v. Aldo did worse than Cyborg v. Yana. That is a fact.

The point is that Cyborg is getting the same numbers as DC except with none of the promotion and he is fighting the best fighters in the world and she is either fighting scrubs or women on losing streaks. Now use your brain a bit. What would happen if they were promoting her and finding legitimate opponents that people have heard of? Those numbers go up, right? Sounds like a no brainer here.

I still have no idea how the fuck did Cyborg vs Ish Ish sold 380k.

All the roider(holly) did was hold cyborg up against the cage...or getting beat standing...what's with the constant cage holding?

People tune in to

A. see someone get murdered
B. witness an incredible upset

Those are pretty much the two possible outcomes of a Cyborg fight.

That's nota exactly a hard sell.

Lol at trying to use undercard fighters to justify the ppv buys. Cormier has had Weidman, Jacare, Stipe, Black Beast, Showtime, Ngannou, etc. Heck, let's just say Conor isn't selling millions of ppvs, it's all the undercard fighters right? Lol gtfo. You sound like one of those guys who were arguing Ronda wasn't a draw and it was the other fighters on the card.

You can't seriously believe that if 219 had been replaced by let's say Max Holloway it would've done 380k. You're delusional if you believe that, because none of his other ppvs have approached that number, regardless of who was on the undercard. Max v. Aldo did worse than Cyborg v. Yana. That is a fact.

The point is that Cyborg is getting the same numbers as DC except with none of the promotion and he is fighting the best fighters in the world and she is either fighting scrubs or women on losing streaks. Now use your brain a bit. What would happen if they were promoting her and finding legitimate opponents that people have heard of? Those numbers go up, right? Sounds like a no brainer here.

Why we gotta bring Max into it?

I think Cyborg has the advantage that WMMA is relatively new and she's destroying people (for the most part). The casuals want something "different". People have short attention spans and always want something new and different. Watching more men's MMA or watching DC beat someone gets old after a while. Watching Floyd vs Conor is different. Watching a woman built like a man is different in MMA.

go watch cyborg's fight with holly...notice that holly was bigger and more muscular than a known steroid user...hmmmm....I have always believed that holly was a juicer...but she's smart...normally, she just looks like a thin in shape girl..but when she's about to fight, she gets way more muscular...that's when she cycles...there is no way on earth any woman can get that lean and muscular without steroids...and I have seen in my gym numerous women that compete in competitions...and they aren't nearly as lean as holly.

Cyborg has looked unbeatable for over a decade strong, and while she has never (and never will) reached the level of stardom of Conor or Ronda she has generally stayed relevant for a lot of that reign fighting in the UFC and Strikeforce. It isn't all that surprising that she is a minor draw; if she was even remotely hot she could be the biggest star in MMA behind Conor.

Cyborg is the only fun wmma fighter.
DC is no fun at all.

You would be surprised how many casuals know Cyborg. And hardcores like her because she's the real deal.

Last edited:
All the roider(holly) did was hold cyborg up against the cage...or getting beat standing...what's with the constant cage holding?

What's your big beef with Holly btw? I also have my suspicions over her actually being clean. She's way too big and strong and lean (and big shoulders/delts) to seem like it's natural but she's never failed any tests. Meanwhile Cyborg has failed a test and you don't call her a "roider".
It's a pretty big leap to straight up call someone a rioder with no proof.

go watch cyborg's fight with holly...notice that holly was bigger and more muscular than a known steroid user...hmmmm....I have always believed that holly was a juicer...but she's smart...normally, she just looks like a thin in shape girl..but when she's about to fight, she gets way more muscular...that's when she cycles...there is no way on earth any woman can get that lean and muscular without steroids...and I have seen in my gym numerous women that compete in competitions...and they aren't nearly as lean as holly.
Yeah, USADA isn't dumb, they know who to test and Holly has been the most tested of any fighter. There's probably a good reason for that.

I'm not reading all of that. Got some of the way through it and just don't care that much to finish.

Ronda was a huge draw. So I guess that paragraph was useless?

Either way her numbers are shit and so are the skills of her opponents.

Her numbers are justified, DCs aren't. I watch the fights I don't pretend to be some stock holder who gives a shit about buys.

Why we gotta bring Max into it?

It could be anyone. If you look at the numbers over the past year, the only division outdrawing Cyborg is at lightweight. Max sells less, Whittaker sells less, Woodley sells less, DC sells less. You'd think they'd be promoting the hell out of her.

I'm not reading all of that. Got some of the way through it and just don't care that much to finish.

Ronda was a huge draw. So I guess that paragraph was useless?

Either way her numbers are shit and so are the skills of her opponents.

Her numbers are justified, DCs aren't. I watch the fights I don't pretend to be some stock holder who gives a shit about buys.

If you're not gonna read then don't bother posting.

Back