Cris Cyborg has quietly become a bigger draw than Cormier

blaseblah

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
UFC 230, one of the biggest cards of the year with DC headlining against a fan favorite did 250k buys. UFC 222, a throwaway card with a last minute Cyborg fight against a fighter most people had never heard of did 260k.

UFC 226, the heavyweight super fight with DC facing the most dominant UFC heavyweight champ ever did 380k buys. The same number as UFC 219, with Cyborg fighting a 1-3 Holly Holm.

Cyborg as a champion of a nonexistent division with very little promotion is drawing the same or better buys as the heavyweight/light heavyweight double champ and one of the all time greats. It's time for the UFC to start hyping her up and throwing their promotional weight behind her.

Yeah cyborg is a crazy beast. I'm surprised she's not a bigger draw

260k is not good, and the holly fight sold better because of holly.

I still have no idea how the fuck did Cyborg vs Ish Ish sold 380k.

I think it’s because most people mistake her for Wand..

It's not surprising for a smoking hot woman to attract decent PPV numbers.

Weird. Didn’t realize Cyborg was such a draw.

Cris Cyborg has quietly become a bigger draw than Cormier

Always was

Weigh-In-UFC-219-2-of-2.jpg

No one likes DC because he acts like a cringy WWE fan, which he unironically is.

Rest of the card can factor in as well as the amount of promotion.

DC vs Stipe got very little hype by the UFC.

Also remember that Max wa supposed to headline that event with a title fight. People not knowing that fight was pulled also pulled in extra buys.

She is usually going to beat the shit out of someone and finish them.

I guess people like that.

I still have no idea how the fuck did Cyborg vs Ish Ish sold 380k.
casuals remember Holm from wrecking Ronda and are oblivious how bad Holm has been lately. Cyborg always has filthy animals support her.

I see a couple babes like this at a bar and I am going to buy them a drink for sure.

Gabiandcyborg.jpg
Cyborg somehow manages to even look uglier with makeup on... wtf... no wonder she chose fighting.

260k is not good, and the holly fight sold better because of holly.

You're delusional. 260k against a girl no one had ever heard of, which is more than DC's last fight. How much do you imagine DC would draw if they had him fight a heavyweight outside the UFC who no one knew about? And lol at Holly being the draw, she had lost 3 straight and did horrible numbers against de Randamie.

I think Cyborg has the advantage that WMMA is relatively new and she's destroying people (for the most part). The casuals want something "different". People have short attention spans and always want something new and different. Watching more men's MMA or watching DC beat someone gets old after a while. Watching Floyd vs Conor is different. Watching a woman built like a man is different in MMA.

Rest of the card can factor in as well as the amount of promotion.

DC vs Stipe got very little hype by the UFC.

That is false. DC v. Stipe got way more promotion than any Cyborg fight. And no, nobody on the undercard can explain the buys. There were no ppv draws on those cards.

It's time to realize that Cyborg does numbers. Especially when given a legitimate, name opponent. Holly Holm is the only legitimate opponent Cyborg has had in the UFC and that's why it did the most.

Back