CREED II

If you have seen CREED II, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Also, thank god Sage Northcutt didn't get anywhere near this thing.

Kinda off topic but lately i have started to like million dollar baby a lot more.

Simply because it sorta tried to break the usual "sports/boxing film formula"

Saw it yesterday. It's a good movie, Rocky fans should really go and see it. Don't expect much from this because it has flaws but it's worth the watch.

Some thoughts: The movie felt rushed at some points and super slow at other points. In one movie, Creed Jr. : becomes the hw champ, proposes to his gf, gets her knocked up, gets challenged by Drago Jr. and gets his shit pushed in...and this is just the first hour/hour and a half. Then with all that they decide to slow down the movie for exposition dialogue.

A wise choice would have been if this went the infinity War route and be split into two films. First movie focuses on Drago Sr. and Jr. and ends with Adonis in a coma after getting mauled by Drago. Sequel focuses on Creed's comeback while being trained by Balboa (reverse Rocky 3, this time Rocky trains Creed for the comeback ) rematch happens Drago hits, Donnie gets up x3 end movie with Creed knocking out Drago and end credits

Saw it yesterday. It's a good movie, Rocky fans should really go and see it. Don't expect much from this because it has flaws but it's worth the watch.

Some thoughts: The movie felt rushed at some points and super slow at other points. In one movie, Creed Jr. : becomes the hw champ, proposes to his gf, gets her knocked up, gets challenged by Drago Jr. and gets his shit pushed in...and this is just the first hour/hour and a half. Then with all that they decide to slow down the movie for exposition dialogue.

A wise choice would have been if this went the infinity War route and be split into two films. First movie focuses on Drago Sr. and Jr. and ends with Adonis in a coma after getting mauled by Drago. Sequel focuses on Creed's comeback while being trained by Balboa (reverse Rocky 3, this time Rocky trains Creed for the comeback ) rematch happens Drago hits, Donnie gets up x3 end movie with Creed knocking out Drago and end credits
There is no way I would have wanted to see half a movie now and half a movie later. It's a boxing movie. You wrap it up in one film. Sure, the pacing wasn't always perfect in this film, but it was fine as it is. Really enjoyed it.

There is no way I would have wanted to see half a movie now and half a movie later. It's a boxing movie. You wrap it up in one film. Sure, the pacing wasn't always perfect in this film, but it was fine as it is. Really enjoyed it.

Not saying my idea is perfect, but I suggest it only because they crammed so much in here. Sure, it's not BvS or Age of Ultron levels of cramming shit down your throat, but you can tell there's a lot of content there. In the first twenty minutes he becomes hw champ and gets engaged. In the next twenty he gets called out by Vik Drago and founds out he's getting a baby. The movie barely even started and already they are going everywhere. It feels like Stallone wanted to get that "Creed jr beats Drago jr" boxing action movie and "a life of pro boxer" drama movie so he combined the two into one.

I'm down for more Creed movies, just no more sons of former foes. I don't want to see no son of Clubber Lang or son of Thunder Lps. Mr. T has aged horribly and Hulkster isn't getting any prettier either.

Not the worst idea. The only thing that was paced 100% right and neither overdone nor underdone at all was the Drago stuff. The Rocky / Adonis stuff would have benefited either from simmering for a while longer or from trimming elements that were crammed in there.

Not the worst idea. The only thing that was paced 100% right and neither overdone nor underdone at all was the Drago stuff. The Rocky / Adonis stuff would have benefited either from simmering for a while longer or from trimming elements that were crammed in there.
Exactly, personally I wouldn't even against if they did an entire cinematic universe out of Creed and went with a "Drago jr." movie. His entire story was way more interesting than anything they showed with Creed.

I have enough of Creed. I despised first movie (pale copy of Rocky), but really wanted to see sequel (because of Drago). Not good drama, nothing spectacular about fights, no spectacular atmosphere during fights, no menacing atmosphere, no feel of menace from Viktor (like Ivan who was scary, even his entrance was menacing) no feel of Adonis being some strong iron dude (like Rocky) and have heart... very pale copy of Rocky III. No atmosphere. Music for training montage couldn't be worse. The whole movie lacked impact. Just pathetic movie.

Last edited:
What a great ending for the Rocky franchise. Reunited w/ his son who has welcomed him in Vancouver.

Now it will be the Creed story.. The torch has been passed.

We have closure on Rocky and his son. Something that bothered me in the first Creed.

Ivan throwing the towel was great.

The boxing choreography wasn't quite as good as the first Creed but still better than Rocky 1-5

I have enough of Creed. I despised first movie (pale copy of Rocky), but really wanted to see sequel (because of Drago). Not good drama, nothing spectacular about fights, no spectacular atmosphere during fights, no menacing atmosphere, no feel of menace from Viktor (like Ivan who was scary, even his entrance was menacing) no feel of Adonis being some strong iron dude (like Rocky) and have heart... very pale copy of Rocky III. No atmosphere. Music for training montage couldn't be worse. The whole movie lacked impact. Just pathetic movie.
I disagree.

Loved Creed 2. I thought it was just as good as the first but with a different tone. I expected the worst going in but left the theater very satisfied.

It feels like the Rocky formula is timeless. You know ultimately what's going to happen but you get some twists and turns and always end with what you want.

If you like Rocky 2, you'll like Creed 2.

I think in the next one, Adonis should move down to cruiserweight or lightheavyweight and fight for one of those titles.

Then we can see Viktor Drago being the heavyweight champion.....with Adonis in his corner.

Last edited:
I think in the next one, Adonis should move down to cruiserweight or lightheavyweight and fight for one of those titles.

Then we can see Viktor Drago being the heavyweight champion.....with Adonis in his corner.

Naah. :D Viktor Drago's story has been told.

Saw it on the weekend, it was fun.
of having his wife be deaf if she wasn't deaf? Bish heard every word said in every room and spoke perfectly. Plus she's a successful musician, living a great life. Then the daughter is born also fake deaf and they act like it had cancer <JagsKiddingMe>

Saw it on the weekend, it was fun.
of having his wife be deaf if she wasn't deaf? Bish heard every word said in every room and spoke perfectly. Plus she's a successful musician, living a great life. Then the daughter is born also fake deaf and they act like it had cancer <JagsKiddingMe>

She is like Rogue. She absorbed Rocky's eye healing power.

I actually liked it more than the first one which is surprising because it wasn’t written and directed by Coogler.

Although the first pro fight in the original Creed was still a pretty badass sequence.

Back