Credit cards should be wildly illegal...

ermagod...I always wondered how they make money if we get cash back on everything. What about certain 5% ones? Chase have this 5% CB on random merchandise each month.

I have that card too and it just evens out in the end. It's groceries on 5% for next 3 months, but I need groceries the other 9 months too and all I get is 1% back on those. Plus there's a $1,500 limit on those categories and I bet most people forget to activate. Also, the credit card fees range from 0.5% to 5% depending on items, so they might not be losing any money on those categories either.

See, that's another scam. Why are debit card security so shitty? They are the same fucking thing.

Why talk on something that you are so ignorant on? Seriously, do the research.

Under federal law, your personal liability for fraudulent charges on a credit card can't exceed $50. But if a fraudster uses your debit card, you could be liable for $500 or more, depending on how quickly you report it.

According to the EFTA, your potential liability for fraudulent debit card transactions is virtually unlimited. You have up to 60 days to report a lost or stolen card under the EFTA. After that, you simply lose whatever money was taken, even funds siphoned from linked accounts. The exact liability limits under the EFTA are:

• Lost or stolen card reported before unauthorized transactions: zero liability.
  • Lost or stolen card reported within two days: $50 liability limit.
  • Lost or stolen card reported within 60 days: $500 liability limit.
  • After 60 days: no protection.
Under the FCBA, your maximum liability for fraudulent credit card transactions is $50. If you report your card lost or stolen before any fraudulent transactions occur, your liability is zero. Many credit cards promise zero liability for all fraudulent transactions.

The real difference between a debit card and a credit card when it comes to fraud is in how you get your money back. When a fraudulent transaction occurs on your credit card, you have lost no money. You can report the fraud, get a credit on your statement, and the issue will never affect your bank account.

With a debit card, your bank account balance is affected from the moment the fraudulent transaction takes place. If the transactions are significant, you could experience a domino effect of financial headaches. Fraudulent charges can tie up funds so that legitimate charges are declined or cause overdrafts.

ermagod...I always wondered how they make money if we get cash back on everything. What about certain 5% ones? Chase have this 5% CB on random merchandise each month.

They make a ton of money off of idiots who pay interest. Why do you think the interest rates are so high? They're hoping everyone pays interest.

Why talk on something that you are so ignorant on? Seriously, do the research.

I hope the poster who says he uses debit card for everything and barely uses this credit card sees this post. I forgot who it was... I need to go back and find it. But, I suggested they do the exact opposite.

I've recommended credit or debit cards to people who can't seem to keep track of their spending. Some people cash their paycheck then have no idea where they spent it. As the company went to direct deposit, they could go to the bank and draw it out, get a debit card, use a checking account or a credit card. There was a time not that long ago that nobody would take checks. Now they can instantly approve checks with the same programs they use for credit cards.

I personally went from cash to checks when an average trip to the grocery store got to be over $100. Then I switched to credit card because it's quicker than writing checks. I have bill pay with my checking account so I don't have to write checks to pay the credit card bills. Even the County started accepting bank transfers. Anyplace that still wants a check, my bank takes care of that through the bill pay service. I don't need stamps or have to mail anything. I don't have to be worried about something not being delivered or being stolen from my mailbox.

Dayum, Father Time, how old are you?

ralphc1 be all like, "I used to use beads for daily purchases and traded my donkey for some hay to thatch my roof."

I have one as a back up I got a 10k limit

I never use it but it's there if I need it

But I've known many people lose loads of money

I hope the poster who says he uses debit card for everything and barely uses this credit card sees this post. I forgot who it was... I need to go back and find it. But, I suggested they do the exact opposite.

It was me and it's noted. lol

Business as usual...

Issuing credit cards to ID thieves should be illegal. I don't understand how they can be so incompetent, then it's your problem to deal with.

It's a good thing prostitutes don't take credit cuz i'd be so screwed. Literally.

Brb fancy plastic iou
Brb some places accept certain ones
Brb random percentage because you made "charges"
Brb "cash back" like giving someone a handful of dirt that's in a giant hole
Brb any financial milestone requires one
Brb same apparatus as a pyramid scheme

The longer it take to pay back the more money you owe because again made up word I n t e r e s t
LMFAO how is this legal for God's sake

you understand you are borrowing money and that business is not going to lend you money for nothing
go finish grade school then brb

Amex Blue Cash Preferred gives 6% at groceries, but $95 annual fee. If you spend tons, it may be worth it; do the math. Also Costco Citi is great too if you have a Costco membership.

Amex Blue also has a card that pays 3% back with no annual fee on groceries. Like you said, do the math to see if it's worth the $95 annual fee. I use the free one and they sometimes offer a $100-$200 to sign-up reward if you spend a grand in three months.

I also have the Costco Citi Card. It pays 3% cash back for gas, travel, and restaurants.

Honestly, the only reason I even have one is in case I need to rent a car
I only use them for cars or hotels. when I used to be in my 20's I used them for all sorts of retarded reasons and I learned some lessons.

The word wildly should be illegal. But so should credit cards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back