crazy to think there are countries where the average resident is literally a moron/retard-WOW!!

So the "early rise of agriculture" had nothing to do with intelligence? Did Europeans just fumble into agriculture?
I'm almost certain that Europeans never created/started agriculture. And the answer to your question is yes and no. The first farmers had to be lucky enough to find the right crops that could support them and have the right environment but obviously the successful ones were the ones who noticed that certain crops had better yields and choose those. Genetic engineering even if they didn't know it.

It's not like farming started off very advanced, with irrigation, crop rotation, fertilizers, etc. You just needed the right set of circumstances and the ability to pick and choose what crops work well and which ones don't

Africa is far more fertile for farming than Europe. It makes no sense that Africa shouldn't dominate by location and geography. If it is a race and the people with the BEST CONDITIONS are always going to win then Africa should have crushed Europe.

Africa should have been the first farm based society.
Well you genuinely don't know what you're talking about if you believe this is the case. First of all, Africa isn't one environment. The Sahara desert isn't going to support agriculture. Deep jungles past the Sahara also aren't good for agriculture. Southern Africa is very fertile and it also has a similar climate to Southern Europe which was right next to where agriculture originated. But Southern Africa has 2 barriers keeping it from advanced civilizations and that's why it was never productive until Europeans came with their crops and technique.

If you're familiar with Brazil you'll notice that it is in the south where they do the most productive farming with a mild climate but very little goes on in their huge rainforest region.

I'm almost certain that Europeans never created/started agriculture. And the answer to your question is yes and no. The first farmers had to be lucky enough to find the right crops that could support them and have the right environment but obviously the successful ones were the ones who noticed that certain crops had better yields and choose those. Genetic engineering even if they didn't know it.

It's not like farming started off very advanced, with irrigation, crop rotation, fertilizers, etc. You just needed the right set of circumstances and the ability to pick and choose what crops work well and which ones don't

Europe and Asia had a huge advantage over other places. Something discovered in France will work along the same Latitude all the way to the pacific ocean, and back. Anyone along that line that learned anything about farming would pass it on to everyone across the super continent.

Africa has a much smaller opportunity for doing the same thing. Mostly, everyone in Africa had to develop everything from scratch.

Something discovered in France will work along the same Latitude all the way to the pacific ocean, and back.

Yeap, latitude had everything to do with developed countries, and you are right about it going 360 degrees around the globe, specially in the Northern hemisphere. Smack where the United States is located. Coincidence?

I was going to make this point. Who put the IQ test together? Cultural bias likely played a huge factor.

Why do East Asian countries than having a higher IQ than Western Countries?

- Hong Kong ( 108 IQ )
- Singapore ( 108 IQ )
- South Korea ( 106 IQ )
- Japan ( 105 IQ )
- China ( 105 IQ )
- Taiwan ( 104 IQ ).

Who gives a shit about IQ tests anyway? The only thing they're really good for is determining if someone is mentally handicapped. IQ is not the greatest determining factor in personal success anyway.

According to professor Jordan Peterson, the two main predictors of success are IQ and Industriousness.

So hard working people with a high IQ have a high chance of success.

And lazy people with a low IQ have a low chance of success.

Last edited:
Pretty sure youd find a strong correlation with the level of education received.

Pretty sure youd find a strong correlation with the level of education received.

That could be part of the truth.

East Asia and The West are more focused on education than the rest of the world.

It's probably half nature ( genetic ) and half nurture ( food and education )

America is the size of a continent and has over 300 million people. Yes we have plenty of idiots but they don't represent the majority of America.

Mental retardation in America is primarily an issue in Republican controlled states that tend to be rural (and have a smaller population as a result)

The intelligent people in densely populated Blue states on the coasts override these people. It's simple math.

Well the popular vote was pretty close, so you are not to far of :)

Don't think you can use iq test as be all end all test for intelligence

If I was lost in Amazonian forest or Saharan desert, I rather have natives of those lands (n their low iq) with me than some geek with 150 iq

Those numbers have been repeatedly demonstrated to be bullshit.
The agenda of the people who cling to them is obvious.

"The majority of the data points were based upon convenience rather than representative samples. Some points were not even based on residents of the country. For instance, the “data point” for Suriname was based on tests given to Surinamese who had migrated to the Netherlands, and the “data point” for Ethiopia was based on the IQ scores of a highly selected group that had emigrated to Israel and, for cultural and historical reasons, was hardly representative of the Ethiopian population. The data point for Mexico was based upon a weighted averaging of the results of a study of “Native American and Mestizo children in southern Mexico” with result of a study of residents of Argentina. Upon reading the original reference, we found that the “data point” that Lynn and Vanhanen used for the lowest IQ estimate, Equatorial Guinea, was actually the mean IQ of a group of Spanish children in a home for the developmentally disabled in Spain. Corrections were applied to adjust for differences in IQ across cohorts (the “Flynn” effect), on the assumption that the same correction could be applied internationally, without regard to the cultural or economic development level of the country involved. While there appears to be rather little evidence on cohort effect upon IQ across the developing countries, one study in Kenya (Daley, Whaley, Sigman, Espinosa, & Neumann, 2003[5]) shows a substantially larger cohort effect than is reported for developed countries."

Don't think you can use iq test as be all end all test for intelligence

If I was lost in Amazonian forest or Saharan desert, I rather have natives of those lands (n their low iq) with me than some geek with 150 iq

Yeah, knowledge and experience are also important.

I don't believe those people are that dumb people in africa can macgyver some crazy things.

Today we take it for granted that using logic on the abstract is an ability we want to cultivate and we are interested in the hypothetical. People from 1900 were not scientifically oriented but utilitarian and they used logic, but to use it on the hypothetical or on abstractions was foreign to them. Alexander Luria [a Soviet psychologist] went to talk to headmen in villages in rural Russia and he said to them: "Where there is always snow, bears are white. At the North Pole there is always snow, what colour are the bears there?" And they said: "I've only seen brown bears."

That's interesting for sure, however, I think we shouldn't overestimate how well the average IQ-100 Westerner does when confronted with similar statements as long as he isn't trained to solve them and can't somehow 'relate' to the situation which is described in a statement.
I mean even in undergraduate courses in math/CS when very basic mathematical logic is introduced, that's something students struggle with at first, even though I'm sure you'd find many examples in a text book, which at their core, aren't that much harder than the dummy example above.
But when confronted with a formal notation and question which don't seem to make 'sense', they have a harder time applying formal logic. And that is/should be the more intelligent part of our population.
I imagine being asked about bears at the north pole might feel somewhat similar to an African who didn't even receive high school education.

And if you think about it, somebody with a score of 100 IQ points really didn't that well in a test either.
There are quite a lot of questions he answered wrong.

Last edited:
That could be part of the truth.

East Asia and The West are more focused on education than the rest of the world.

It's probably half nature ( genetic ) and half nurture ( food and education )

Id say 90% nuture.

That's interesting for sure, however, I think we shouldn't overestimate how well the average IQ-100 Westerner does when confronted with similar statements as long as he isn't trained to solve them and can't somehow 'relate' to the situation which is described in a statement.
I mean even in undergraduate courses in math/CS when very basic mathematical logic is introduced, that's something students struggle with at first, even though I'm sure you'd find many examples in a text book, which at their core, aren't that much harder than the dummy example above.
But when confronted with a formal notation and question which don't seem to make 'sense', they have a harder time applying formal logic. And that is/should be the more intelligent part of our population.
I image being asked about bears at the north pole might feel somewhat similar to an African who didn't even receive high school education.

And if you think about it, somebody with a score of 100 IQ points really didn't that well in a test either.
There are quite a lot of questions he answered wrong.

I just tested a variant of that quiz on my six year old daughter. She acted like the question was retarded.

Back