Crazy neighbor driving us nuts

I don't think he has a car. Also, not sure if he works at all. Not sure where he gets his money from. Maybe drug dealing?

So he doesn't work and is basically home all day??? Dang that sucks, hoping whoever is funding him stops or eventually he will get busted if selling drugs.

My wife had a nervous breakdown, said she couldn't go on living like this and moved out to her parents. We did not quarrel or anything but she thinks that we should move permanently. I don't want to, I like our current flat.

Of course you should move out permanently.
No one is going to remedy the situation to the extent where this bozo just randomly starts acting normally.

And, it seems like most in authority just don't want to deal with it. It would take a deluge of criticism from others in there (which you currently don't have) to get them to actually take notice... and even at that point it would still take a loooong time before anything would come to fruition.

If your wife is having a nervous breakdown over this then your first concern, as her husband, needs to be to take care of her.... that's what a man does. So, be that man and get out of that nightmare of an apartment?condo?

Only real option is to move and if your housing authority gets pissy about breaking the lease or whatever tell them to go suck a fuck and deal with the hellion douche that you lived above.

Have any of you had similar experiences - and what did you do?
I expect half the posts to be "beat him up" but that usually backfires so no thanks.

I used to live next to a weed dealer whose clients would accidentally bang on my door after midnight all the time... But I never had noise complaints from him (and he often invited me over to share the product) so I never had any realy conflict.

In Poland, is there any way you can stick him with something like what an ASBO used to be in the UK? ie: some kind of court ordered restraint on behaviour that can escalate to criminal charges.

No landlord, only admin.
Not renting, flat owner.
In the UK you can pay a small fee and search the land registry to see the owner of a property. Not sure if there is something similar to that where you are.

Another thing is that if you make an official complaint about a neighbour you have to mention this by law when selling your property. So if you sell your property and don't mention any disputes the buyer could sue you if they have to endure the same shit.. Might not be the same where you are though, but thought I'd mention it.

I think best thing is to just put your place up for sale and move, life is too short to waste dealing with lowlife's like that.

An old friend of mine from my school days is serving another 6 month prison term (2nd this year) for being a nuisance neighbour and breaching the conditions of his asbo. He is of very low intelligence and is a raging alcoholic so in that regard I pity him but having had lots of problems with noisy neighbours in the past part of me thinks well if he doesnt respect the rights of his neighbours to at least get a decent nights sleep then fuck him.

I've got issues of a different sort with a couple of cuntbag neighbours of mine atm and I'm in the process of clearing out my apartment and looking for a new place. After that, well... they will know my name is the lord....

Ah thats interesting. Ts is from poland huh. I had some young polaks live below me a few years ago and they were an absolute nightmare, fucking music blasting every night til all hours and I think they communicated exclusively by shouting at each other from different rooms. Thankfully they werent there for long but the horrible little druggy cunt who moved in after them was probably as bad if not worse at times. Finally got a guy below now who really isnt too bad and the guy above me has always been cool so noise no longer a problem but still got another couple of twats in my block to contend with, most notably the tosser next door who walks about like he's the fucking man trying his passive aggressive shit on me but the time I politely asked him if he wanted to go ahead he shat himself pulled out his phone and said he was calling the cops. Gotta love these "so called" hard cunts.

I would do something that involves leaving no evidence behind.

Try pooping in their front yard. That's the latest craze, I hear.

Use your words, and talk to him. If he does not relent, two more words: pipe bomb.

I used to live next to a weed dealer whose clients would accidentally bang on my door after midnight all the time... But I never had noise complaints from him (and he often invited me over to share the product) so I never had any realy conflict.

In Poland, is there any way you can stick him with something like what an ASBO used to be in the UK? ie: some kind of court ordered restraint on behaviour that can escalate to criminal charges.
I don't think so. Most penalties in such cases are "suspended" ie. that he is on probation for some time and he may get in trouble if he does it again. Yet the suspension is so overused by courts that we have people with multiple suspensions still doing their thing and spitting on the law.

Infamous case from recent years - a dude who kept driving drunk and getting these suspended penalties (had like 12 I think) finally ran someone over. Only then was he properly charged and put in jail for homicide. Horrible negligence and lack of prevention from the police side, but they claim that their hands were tied as you can't jail someone for DUI in Poland.

In the UK you can pay a small fee and search the land registry to see the owner of a property. Not sure if there is something similar to that where you are.

Another thing is that if you make an official complaint about a neighbour you have to mention this by law when selling your property. So if you sell your property and don't mention any disputes the buyer could sue you if they have to endure the same shit.. Might not be the same where you are though, but thought I'd mention it.

I think best thing is to just put your place up for sale and move, life is too short to waste dealing with lowlife's like that.
Not the same in Poland. Property owner info is classified, can't get it. And nobody discloses any neighbor issues when selling flats, there is no such obligation.

Use your words, and talk to him. If he does not relent, two more words: pipe bomb.
Talked to him once already, no effect. Bombing could effect my own flat so no thanks.

UPDATE:

Good news everyone! :D

I had a long word with the district police officer and he promised to:
- come over and have a word with the delinquent himself, perhaps search the apartment for illegal substances
- find out who the actual flat owner is - and if it's not the delinquent then he will give the owner a call

ALSO we have found among our friends someone who's friends with a high ranking police officer. Since policemen are all trained in one of two police academies in the region there is a high chance that he and our local police know each other. Our police-friend will ask them to pay regular visits to the douche and keep him in check.

In short, we have the law on our side and looks like they are finally reacting. Fingers crossed.

Thanks to everyone for your posts, sympathy and advice!
Sherbros really do care! :)

Not the same in Poland. Property owner info is classified, can't get it. And nobody discloses any neighbor issues when selling flats, there is no such obligation.
you in Poland bro, ill be there at the end of the month

Talked to him once already, no effect. Bombing could effect my own flat so no thanks.

Just call the cops every time they pull that shit then. When I was growing up, our neighborhood was real nice, until I was like 10. Across the street a guy built a tenement, and he built a shitty house next to us as well. Junkies and drug deals were regular. My mom started writing license plate numbers down, calling the cops over and over, and eventually it worked.

Back