Crawford vs Postol PBP Thread(7-23)

Cheese

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Fight week. Time to start getting hyped. This should be a good match. I got it 60-40 for Crawford. Postol gonna make it ugly but Crawford gonna break him down and get the UD. Shitty PPV and not it even pulls Hopkins numbers.

1_Terence_Crawford_vs._Alejandro_Sanabria_medium.gif

Crawford by UD. Love this fight.

HBO should have picked this up. This is one of the best fight that has been made and they passed and instead keep giving us mismatch

Fuckinh Iole agrees

It’s a lot to ask, particularly in a year when HBO Sports’ boxing offerings have been so substandard. There have been eight boxing broadcasts on HBO Sports so far in 2016. The outcome in the main event in nearly every match was highly predictable and were one-sided affairs in which the B-side didn’t have a chance.

The one exception was the June 4 show headlined by a potential Fight of the Year match between Francisco Vargas and Orlando “Siri” Salido.

But look at the other seven: Sergey Kovalev vs. Jean Pascal on Jan. 30; Crawford vs. Hank Lundy on Feb. 27; Luis Ortiz vs. Tony Thompson on March 5; Andre Ward vs. Sullivan Barrera on March 26; Gennady Golovkin vs. Dominic Wade on April 23; Vasyl Lomachenko vs. Rocky Martinez on June 11 and Kovalev vs. Isaac Chilemba on tape delay on July 11. Going into the matches, none of the B-sides had a realistic chance of winning. The Lomachenko-Martinez fight had better prospects than most, but because Lomachenko is so dominant, he figured to rout Martinez (which he ultimately did).

In the seven HBO main events other than Vargas-Salido, there were 138 scored rounds and the B-side won 20 of them. That’s an abysmal 14.4 percent rate, which indicates the utter mismatches the network has largely delivered this year.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/crawford-postol-on-hbo-ppv-is-boxings-latest-blunder-181040503.html

HBO should have picked this up. This is one of the best fight that has been made and they passed and instead keep giving us mismatch

That's because HBO functions as a promotional company. All they care about is showcasing the big named guys. So far, in 2016, they've been getting dominated by PBC.

Hbo not losing money like pbc.

Arum said this ppv only need to do 75k to break even.

Hbo not losing money like pbc.

Arum said this ppv only need to do 75k to break even.
Actually, the reason this is a PPV is because HBO didn't have the budget for Crawford to fight again this year.

TC has been tagged in every fight but he also comes out winning. I love how he switch stance so easily. He can box or brawl. He should win. Postal has a good jab but he's still a bit stiff. Will be tuning in.

Is there a chance that Pacquiao's team is waiting until after the Crawford fight to decide whether or not they want him next?

Freddie trains Postol, I wonder if Freddie will feel better or worse about Crawford as an opponent after this fight.

Postol's mechanical but I think that's sort of a misnomer. It's just looks, he's got more than one dimension. But Crawfords a bit more talented, and a bit more experienced as a pro.

Betting wise I'd go Crawford, but objectively I favor him a bit.

This is a criminally underrated fight.

Is there a chance that Pacquiao's team is waiting until after the Crawford fight to decide whether or not they want him next?

Freddie trains Postol, I wonder if Freddie will feel better or worse about Crawford as an opponent after this fight.
Roach said that if Postol/Pac happens, he'd corner Pac

I think this fight could go either way, though I lean slightly towards Crawford. The odds are silly though, Crawford as a 5-1 favorite is too much

Crawford wins easily.I'm not really getting all the hype for Postol. Is it really just because Mathysse quit against him? The guy is a stinker in the ring, slow, robotic- Crawford is going to look like a killer after all this hype around Postol.

Crawford wins easily.I'm not really getting all the hype for Postol. Is it really just because Mathysse quit against him? The guy is a stinker in the ring, slow, robotic- Crawford is going to look like a killer after all this hype around Postol.

In the Lucas fight, Postol was sneaking a lot of short, quick punches in at places more mechanical and robotic fighters fail to do so. Even the great Kessler didn't do such as well. He also sneaks in to the body well.

Meanwhile, Crawford has been getting used to fighting undersized fighters, and can use punches that was work as well vs Postol.

I think it is a pretty even fight tho. I am picking Crawford tho, in a close DEC.

Great fight. I'm still going with Postol but TC's a beast. Should be a good one either way.

How? He's not bigger than Postol and doesn't have the massive size advantage.

cause for a good as Postol's jab is. He brings it back slow and throws in at the same speed. Crawford is is quick and smart enough to time it and counter it enough time to Hurt Postol and make him bleed.

Looking at the way Freddie trains, I don't think it would matter much. Freddie doesn't gameplan as much as he maximizes his own fighters strengths. That was something Floyd always said about himself, but I always saw in Roach too. The other guy can do whatever he wants - we're gonna kick his ass anyway. They train some specific things but I think Roach focuses on HIS fighter more than the opponent. That's just kind of a washy observation though, I don't have much insight to how he actually approaches an opponent.

In the Lucas fight, Postol was sneaking a lot of short, quick punches in at places more mechanical and robotic fighters fail to do so. Even the great Kessler didn't do such as well. He also sneaks in to the body well.

Meanwhile, Crawford has been getting used to fighting undersized fighters, and can use punches that was work as well vs Postol.

I think it is a pretty even fight tho. I am picking Crawford tho, in a close DEC.

I'm not sure I'd compare Kessler to Postol, just because Kessler is being graded against tougher competition than Postol has faced. But I agree that Postol isn't a push over. Untested, and not objectively better than Crawford, but presents a test. I think it's a tougher fight than Gamboa, anyway, and that's the best win Crawford has to date.

Back