Crawfish Menard will be the next big star

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Would love to see him take the belts from Zlaticanan, Crolla, and Flanagan.

I think Rances is too slick for him at the moment.

Eventually a showdown between Mikey Garcia on Showtime.

He has 2 KOTY contenders in his last 2 fights. That Cajun Crawfish right hand is unreal

For what its worth, Steve Kim is very high on him and hes a tough guy to get support from.

Last edited:
That was a damn fine fight last night. If Menard had any quit in him, Bahodir was getting to him and frustrating him in spots.

Quality prospect this kid, but still a few years away from a title shot I'd say.

That was a damn fine fight last night. If Menard had any quit in him, Bahodir was getting to him and frustrating him in spots.

Quality prospect this kid, but still a few years away from a title shot I'd say.
He had a pretty good amateur career. Made it to the Olympic trials before losing to Terrance Crawford.

Hes 32-1 but only fought cans in Louisiana up until his last 2 fights.

Perfect example of how knockouts delude people. I'd be surprised if he wins a title at any time in his career.

I like Menard. Good power, solid technique. Can't really rate him until I see him against a live body, but I think he'll do well.

For what its worth, Steve Kim is very high on him and hes a tough guy to get support from.

Doesn't mean anything.

He loads up way too much on his right.
He was keeping that fist in dock for way too long. It seemed like he only threw it when he was trying to KO the guy.
That's not a good thing

He had a pretty good amateur career. Made it to the Olympic trials before losing to Terrance Crawford.

Hes 32-1 but only fought cans in Louisiana up until his last 2 fights.
This title has officially become a testament to Terrence Crawford's greatness.
I thought fromt he title this was gonna be some parody of him lol.

Makes some mistakes in those vids but the kid is clearly dangerous. He's athletic, explosive punching power and good timing. Let's see him do this to a live body as @Shoemaker said. You couldn't ask for a more fan friendly style though because those finishes were brutal.

He needs a bigger name now.

I say feed him Barrasso, Shafikov, or Mickey Bey.

Beat one of those guys and get a shot at a world title.

No he won't. I regret to inform you that he'll never hold a world title. People are so easily impressed. Boring.

If Menard cant get a title shot next (he wants Flanagan), he will headline his own Shobox card main event before the end of the year.

Hes becoming popular already.

Cohen – if he can’t get Menard a title shot – says Menard will “fight before the end of the year because we have to keep the momentum going. I spoke to Gordon (Hall Sr., Vice President of Production and Executive Producer of ShoBox) yesterday. If we can’t get the Flanagan fight, I’m confident Gordon will give me a ShoBox date for Mason to headline and I would be looking to do it in Louisiana.”

It’s something Hall is certainly on board with.

“Yes absolutely,” he told UCNLive on Wednesday. “(Menard)’s someone that not only has the good amateur background; he has this sneaky power. He’s taken two steps up but his next step may be a title eliminator. He was already ranked now; he’s only going to be ranked higher. So he’s definitely on our radar; there’s no question about that.”

http://ucnlive.com/mason-menard-on-the-rise/

Back