craig jones or gordan ryan

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
man watching that fight craig got the best of gordan i feel hes just so good with armlocks and legs too do you think he is truly better than gordan? its crazy how he sin austrailia and at that level and was just a purple belt 2 years ago or so

Yes, Craig Jones is really good. He is going to be the next big BJJ guy with the 'it' factor.

Think Craig is slightly more technical but the real IT factor that separates the two is Gordon's (ahem) SUPPLEMENT regimen. Lot and lots and lots of creatine, glutamine, bcaa's, beta alanine, amino acids,Korean ginseng, taurine, arginine with ornithine, fish oil, and multi vitamins. That is the difference.

Think Craig is slightly more technical but the real IT factor that separates the two is Gordon's (ahem) SUPPLEMENT regimen. Lot and lots and lots of creatine, glutamine, bcaa's, beta alanine, amino acids,Korean ginseng, taurine, arginine with ornithine, fish oil, and multi vitamins. That is the difference.

Is that a euphemism for something else?

so many guys are though man even at local scenes white belts are so thats not surprising when a miyao gets poped lol thats the kinda guy ud never look at and expect

I think he's got a lot of potential but I think Gordon is better overall right now and a little bit ahead. I think his guard passing is a little bit better and I think his passing and even his wrestling is what has gotten him a level above where he was a year ago when he had the match against Leandro Lo at the ADCC trials.

Since then his wrestling and passing has gone up big time and he's added a nice front headlock game. He just seems a little bit more dangerous with a little wider arsenal right now.

The sky is the limit for Craig Jones though.

Craig Jones has a lot of room for growth by bringing the rest of his game to the level his heel hooks are.

Jones looking like a beast these days. So does Ryan. It will be an interesting battle for years to come.

Craig Jones has a lot of room for growth by bringing the rest of his game to the level his heel hooks are.
You might like this video. No heel hooks. Just solid passing and top game. The guys in this video are tough too. Piechota had a good run at ADCC and is in the UFC right now. My take is that he's doing a lot of heel hooks because that's where he's got such a massive advantage in that spot. But even on his leg lock dvd he says that you should never get too attached to the heel hook and if they defend and expose their back for example that you should go for the back.

He's more well rounded than he gets credit for.

Craig is a beast, but Gordon is the second best grappler no gi in the world...

I'd still pick Gordon between the two, because at least in comp he looked a bit more well rounded, but it's not to undermine Craig who is incredible grappler. I agree that this promise to be a great rivalry for the years to come.

You might like this video. No heel hooks. Just solid passing and top game. The guys in this video are tough too. Piechota had a good run at ADCC and is in the UFC right now. My take is that he's doing a lot of heel hooks because that's where he's got such a massive advantage in that spot. But even on his leg lock dvd he says that you should never get too attached to the heel hook and if they defend and expose their back for example that you should go for the back.

Good soundtrack

Gordon is clearly still a level above. Remember adcc?
Craig is a killer tho

My take is that he's doing a lot of heel hooks because that's where he's got such a massive advantage in that spot.

I do feel that at this moment the rest of his guard game serves as a distraction to set up heel hooks.
But it seems he is working on everything but it's reasonable that it takes a lot of time to develop a bunch of games to world class level.

Great vid but you're wasting your breath lol, YaN doesn't post things to have conversations, he posts to boost a 'side' of ibjjf style/associated grappling that exists in his mind that he self-identifies with and to shit on anything/anyone besides that.

Last edited:
I do feel that at this moment the rest of his guard game serves as a distraction to set up heel hooks.
But it seems he is working on everything but it's reasonable that it takes a lot of time to develop a bunch of games to world class level.

His triangle from z guard is his tea weapon and what people fret about. It is what opens the heelhook entry. Go watch his old highlights from 7-9 Years ago.

His triangle from z guard is his tea weapon and what people fret about. It is what opens the heelhook entry. Go watch his old highlights from 7-9 Years ago.

Did he catch anyone with his z guard triangle in the last years. People win at the lower belts with all sort of ridiculous shit all the time.

Did he catch anyone with his z guard triangle in the last years. People win at the lower belts with all sort of ridiculous shit all the time.

He threatens with it (and other stuff) and it opens up the heelhook entry. The z guard is a lot more than just heelhook entries.

Back