Cracks in the EU: Ongoing Discussion

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Teppodama, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Teppodama Yellow Card

Teppodama
    I thought I would start a topic I can periodically update with interesting stories, editorials or general information regarding the stress fractures occurring in the EU. Feel free to contribute

Top Eurocrat Brands Patriotic Poland ‘Greater Danger for the EU than Brexit’

http://www.breitbart.com/london/201...triotic-poland-greater-danger-eu-than-brexit/

I may be wrong, but I think that the EU will eventually push Poland enough that they leave. Hungary too possibly.

2. Bald1 War Room Can

Bald1
    "Critics believe the EU is tightening the screws on Poland because, like Hungary, it is resisting its attempts to redistribute migrants across EU member-states through a mandatory quota system."

A mandatory quota that the V4 voted against. But who cares about that, right? Not like a country should have power over who can or can not live there.

The central European countries have always been *apart* from the rest of Europe and the east as well. I'm a firm believer that the V4 need to stick together, and very very tightly, or else they will be trampled as they have been throughout history.

The west has never gaf about these countries except as buffer states. And Russia views them as belonging under its sphere of influence. Tough spot to be in both geographically and politically.

3. Supereem Black Belt

Supereem
    They will be useful in the wars to come.

4. VivaRevolution Silver Belt

VivaRevolution
    I know people are happy to see someone kick back at the EU, but Poland is not just refusing to take migrants, they are also destroying their democratic process, and civil rights.

No open boarders in exchange for corrupt courts, and more centralized authoritarian power. Seems like a shit deal.

5. Prex32 Brown Belt

Prex32
    man i heard the same on cnn
    must be true

Dalarna3 and uppercutbus like this.
  6. superpunch Double Yellow Card

superpunch
    Europe needs to be federalized because the world is just too unstable with nuclear proliferation and, eventually even more destructive and cheaper technologies like AI, in the 21st century. If we don't all unite as a one world nation then we're all going to die. Europe breaking up into individual states again would be disastrous.

However, that said, WTF is the EU doing? It's like they're doing everything they shouldn't be doing if their goal is to convince the EU to stay together. At least, that's what it looks like to an American from the outside looking in.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  7. Teppodama Yellow Card

Teppodama
    Guess we'll have to see how it all unfolds.

8. Teppodama Yellow Card

Teppodama
    Respectfully, you can take your one world government and shove that idea right up the shoot, respectfully.

<JonesLaugh>

9. Prex32 Brown Belt

Prex32
    these states all speak different languages and are different cultures. how can they be one?

10. VivaRevolution Silver Belt

VivaRevolution
    You should stop watching CNN. I get my news from non-corporate sources like Newsbud.

11. superpunch Double Yellow Card

superpunch
    I don't like the idea either man but we don't really have a choice anymore. On more than one occasion, the human race was seconds away from extinction when it was only the USSR and the USA feuding with each other. Just look at the way the winds are blowing with countries like Iran and NK trying to develop nuclear tech, and where does it stop?

Even if you stop it at Iran and NK, what's going to happen in 20, 30, or 50 years when all the African countries start to develop and you have 50 shithole African countries doing the same thing at the same time?

Not to mention, what are we going to do when technologies like AI the power of all human minds in history combined start proliferating? What happens when we develop antimatter technology where one bomb can destroy an entire continent? And who knows what else?

I know in my gut and I know you do too that the human race won't survive the 21st century without going extinct if we can't come together.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  12. Teppodama Yellow Card

Teppodama
    Non-Corporate sources
    [​IMG]

Oh wait, you're serious

[​IMG]

...pssst. They're all corporate.

SomebodyElse and Stoic1 like this.
  13. Bald1 War Room Can

Bald1
    {<huh}

The EU is united. There are standards that must be met in order to be considered for membership. See Turkey for example. And yes, there is free movement of goods and people within its borders.

What Brussels is demanding is free movement within EU borders of non citizens, and a forced demographic change. Not all cultures are equal as evidenced by EU membership criteria. Therefore the question is why force the cultues which wouldn't meet EU standards on EU citizens?

lecter likes this.
  14. Teppodama Yellow Card

Teppodama
    At the most, I likely only have 40 more years in me. You can have your O.W.G after that. That's fair right?

15. superpunch Double Yellow Card

superpunch
    You don't have children? Friends who do? Family? I have reasons to care about the state of the world after I die.

16. Kafir-kun Gold Belt

Kafir-kun
    Sounds reasonable enough but I'm not all that well read on Polish or EU politics.

SomebodyElse likes this.
  17. Teppodama Yellow Card

Teppodama
    Kids - No
    Family - But we don't hang out much

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. VivaRevolution Silver Belt

VivaRevolution
    Not Newsbud. It is apart of the tin-foil news, AKA real news.

19. GtehMVP Brown Belt

GtehMVP
    If anything we need more fragmentation. No beurcrat from a region a time zone away from others is ever going to understand their needs.

20. Teppodama Yellow Card

Teppodama
    I'll defer to your opinion on that as I must admit to not being familiar with it.