Crabs taste better than Lobsters

I could go for some soft shell crab right about now

I only like soft shell crab otherwise there is too much work for so little meat.

Lobster needs work but you get more meat out of it.

Is there such a thing as soft shell lobster? I do know they molt, but why the hell dont they serve them when molting?

I like crabs far more than lobster. I live in Maryland. I can't remember a time when I didn't know how to pick them. I can pick a crab and a lobster in about the same amount of time. You can make more things with crabs too. Ever had a lobster cake or lobster soup, they suck. My wife makes these hard broiled eggs stuffed with crab and it is fuckin delicious.

Crayfish > all other crustaceans. Only problem is that they're small, so it's a real pain when you have to peel a bunch of them. One of the members here mentioned that Australia has giant crayfish, so I'll have to add that place to my bucket list.

I visited some friends on the Oregon coast. We grabbed some fresh Dungies for dinner that night. I struggled, but they were like were-otters.
I don't think an octopus could have cleaned those shells out more efficiently. It was incredible to behold.

But did they eat the guts?

I used to think the same thing. Then I had lobster in Maine and I was proven wrong. Very, very wrong.

Homemade lobster is also delicious if you have baller friends who ship them in.

It's not the flavor that is the reason for the difference in price. It's because of how easy it is to get to the meat.

It's the same reason King Crab is like 20x as expensive as Dungeness. Because you do 1/20th the shucking.
lobster is pretty abundant it isn't scarce at all you can catch a shit load of lobster here in san pedro California.

they could sell you a lobster for 5 bucks if they wanted to they just overprice it and mess with supply on purpose like they do with diamonds.

Lobster is overrated. I've had the privilege of eating some of the finest Lobster and crab around and king grab owns all.

Even dungeness crab is better than lobster.

personally I prefer some tilapia,shrimp, or scallops before lobster or crab.

Anyone else find this true? Lobsters are ok but seems to me Crab has just that taste that lacks in Lobsters. I dunno..

Just ate some crabs few minutes ago too

Ohh forgot to mention the crab fat!

Thoughts?
I like Lobster, but I agree that Crab is better.

I like crabs far more than lobster. I live in Maryland. I can't remember a time when I didn't know how to pick them. I can pick a crab and a lobster in about the same amount of time. You can make more things with crabs too. Ever had a lobster cake or lobster soup, they suck. My wife makes these hard broiled eggs stuffed with crab and it is fuckin delicious.
Fellow Maryland native here and like you.....I can't remember not being able to pick crabs.
Also steamed blue crab>lobster.

Anyone else find this true? Lobsters are ok but seems to me Crab has just that taste that lacks in Lobsters. I dunno..

Thoughts?
my favorite way to eat them.

also these things are good too not really lobsters though

Never had crawfish before, but it looks easy to eat

Claw and knuckle are great with tail as just okay (with or without roe.) But, as a (semi) mid-atlantic guy, I agree that crab is pretty damn good and on par with, if not better than, lobster. I'm partial to blue crab but the big plus of lobster is that it's easier to get the meat out of with hand utensils. I hate getting that crumb of shell in a delicious mouthful of crab meat.

I prefer crabs as well, although i wont turn down lobster.

I like to cook my steaks, and then make a cream cheese, bread crumb, old bay and crab meat mixture and put a shit ton of it on top.

Fellow Maryland native here and like you.....I can't remember not being able to pick crabs.
Also steamed blue crab>lobster.
This is me and my aunt. I'm probably 8 years old maybe younger. I'm sure my mom has older ones just like it.
untitled.png

Thoughts?

Agree. It's not even close really. All lobster does is hold melted butter in fact. Crab is better in all incarnations.

Back