Crabs taste better than Lobsters

daryldeal

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Anyone else find this true? Lobsters are ok but seems to me Crab has just that taste that lacks in Lobsters. I dunno..

Just ate some crabs few minutes ago too

Ohh forgot to mention the crab fat!

Thoughts?

Lobsters are great they never make me itch

It's not the flavor that is the reason for the difference in price. It's because of how easy it is to get to the meat.

It's the same reason King Crab is like 20x as expensive as Dungeness. Because you do 1/20th the shucking.

Dungeness > Lobster > remaining crustaceans

Crab made me violently ill as a child. Wont touch the shit. Lobster is delicious.

Crab is too much work. Fuck crab.

Crab is too much work. Fuck crab.

I visited some friends on the Oregon coast. We grabbed some fresh Dungies for dinner that night. I struggled, but they were like were-otters.
I don't think an octopus could have cleaned those shells out more efficiently. It was incredible to behold.

Last edited:
I agree. I prefer crab to lobster. But I absolutely love both.

Crab is better in my experience.

Dove for dungeness crabs off the Oregon coast, boiled them right there on the shore with some salt, old bay and lemon. One of the best meals I've ever had in my life.

Crab made me violently ill as a child. Wont touch the shit. Lobster is delicious.
Just remember, if you don't see the animal live you probably get a large prawn and not a lobster.

Crab tastes way better than Lobster and it's not even close.

Just remember, if you don't see the animal live you probably get a large prawn and not a lobster.

ikr but still wondering why is that, there is something bout dem crabs thats so tasty!

maybe different diets?

Ill take your word for it on the crab thing. I know its irrational but I wont touch it unless Im starving.

ikr but still wondering why is that, there is something bout dem crabs thats so tasty!

maybe different diets?
Lobsters eat shit(that why they're called the cockroaches of the sea) while crabs eat fish. Just remember, you have to cover lobster in sauce or butter for a reason, it's disgusting.

+1 Lobster

homer-simpson-mit-seinem-hummer-in-die-simspons-r2.jpg

True story:

Lobsters used to be fed to prisoners in New England, but the practice ended when it was seen as cruel to be fed such a "poverty food" like lobster.

I visited some friends on the Oregon coast. We grabbed some fresh Dungies for dinner that night. I struggled, but they were like were-otters.
I don't think an octopus could have cleaned those shells out more efficiently. It was incredible to behold.
Isn't it insane when you eat with people who eat crab or other mollusks as part of their actual diet? I swear they get the crab down faster than if I didn't have a shell in front of me. It's like going to a new high school and the hurdlers are racing by you in practice while you're doing plain sprints.

Lobsters eat shit(that why they're called the cockroaches of the sea) while crabs eat fish. Just remember, you have to cover lobster in sauce or butter for a reason, it's disgusting.
Holy, didnt know that. I thought they ate the same stuff.

Thats why they taste different

Back