Crab Fat?

daryldeal

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Have ya guys tried it? ohh have em over rice, fried rice and some bbq grilled food, so good!

Would make a good name for a punk band

Sea insect offal.

No gracias.

I'm from Maryland. We typically eat blue crabs and it's called mustard in this area. Many people scoop out the "mustard" and eat it....either plain or on a cracker. I think it's disgusting. Steamed blue crab is absolutely amazing....the mustard gets thrown to the side.

Love it. Didn't liked it when I was a kid with. I guess palates evolve.

aligue1.jpg

Goes well with rice or pasta.

I've never had it with rice, but it's amazing with pasta.

sounds like concentrated ocean taste. Crab is often too fishy to begin with.

Very familiar with it.

My folks have a place on Gibson Island in Maryland where they grow oysters under their dock and toss out crab traps.

We constantly have crab boils during the season. Only about 25% of the people eat the mustard, so I collect the rest. It goes great in scrambled eggs, Old Bay fried rice, remoulade for crab cakes, and pasta carbonara.

It's less fishy than crab flesh (though blue crab tends to be quite sweet and not at all fishy when fresh), and quite rich, almost like uni. Every once in a while it can have a tiny bit of iron flavor, which is off-putting to some people.

Last edited:
Is that the yellow shit inside the crab? I always thought those were the eggs. Anyways...so good man.

Navarros-Crab-Paste-Taba-ng-Talangka-Special-227g.jpg

garlic-stir-fry-noodles-with-taba-ng-talangka-2.jpg

tabang-talangka.jpg

I've never tried this product, but it looks good in pasta and rice.

I've eaten the crab fat from Dungeness crabs, and it's good as long as the crab is cleaned well inside. When it's cook, it congeals and has a texture sort of like scrambled eggs. However, I don't eat it much because toxins tend to be concentrated in the Dungeness crab fat.

I'm surprise some of you guys don't eat it. It's the best part of crabs that are smaller in size; mud crabs, blue.

Is that the yellow shit inside the crab? I always thought those were the eggs. Anyways...so good man.

Eggs are usually bright orange and a little more solid when you bite into them.

1415557471-3489958945.jpg

For this "Crab fat" mentioned itt, we don't call it that, it's the yellowish soft mustardy paste ONLY from male crabs.

1380599960-3160617938.jpg

I'm surprise some of you guys don't eat it. It's the best part of crabs that are smaller in size; mud crabs, blue.

For this "Crab fat" mentioned itt, we don't call it that, it's the yellowish soft mustardy paste ONLY from male crabs.

Good lord, u making me hungry with those pics man!

Might have some crabs later hmm..

MMMM favorite part of the crab.

Back