CPS sacked from The Apprentice and pulled from his Submission Underground match by Bellator

Concrete Whale

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/1/2...ice-your-fired-cheater-bellator-170-ortiz-mma
http://www.lowkickmma.com/Other/chael-sonnen-pulled-from-submission-underground-3-by-bellator/
Tito-Ortiz-Sonnen-Bellator-01-440x310.jpg

Sonnen and his celebrity teammates were pushing the deadline on their project for the week, when Sonnen decided to buy them more time by cutting the cord to their computer. Apparently, in the case of a technical malfunction, he and his teammates would get more time to finish.

"On all of these tasks, we have deadlines and deadlines have to be met,” Sonnen told the cameras. “And we're running out of time. We're going to lose this task based on time. That's not gonna happen. Not on my watch."

So, Sonnen casually strolled over to the team’s computer where they were working and clipped the cord with a pair of scissors.

/

"Chael, I know that you think this is a gray area,” Schwarzenegger said. “But, in my world, this is not a gray area. I will not tolerate cheaters in my boardroom. You're fired."

Chael-Sonnen-640x360.jpg

Chael Sonnen, who is coming off a loss to Tito Ortiz at Bellator 170 last weekend, was scheduled to compete against decorated Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt Garry Tonon on Jan. 29 in a grappling match at Submission Underground 3. Originally, Hector Lombard, who was set to grapple with Tonon at the event, was forced to withdraw from the match due to his upcoming bout against Johny Hendricks on Feb. 19.

Sonnen, the owner and promoter of SUG, was pulled from the event due to Bellator MMA, according to Ariel Helwani of MMA Fighting.

45600_cps.jpg

Last edited:
Sonnen cheated in teh UFC and he cheated on reality TV. Sonnen is a cheater plain and simple. What's to suggest he didn't try and cheat in Belethor General goods? And despite cheating he still fails miserably. But He does make me laugh and so I do love Chael.

Pretty dumb to cheat in front of cameras, but I guess he figured he was going to be fired when they lost the challenge anyway and it was best to go out as a "gangster".

Why did Bellator pull him from the grappling match? Cause of the loss or the Celebrity Apprentice thing?

That entire thread title is the most Sonnen thing I've ever read

Chael Sonnen... Now there's a man who lives his life.

More ups and downs than a blind junkie with a medicine box.

• Did Bellator do this because of the teevee show?

Thanks for ruining the next episode for me titwad

The producers knew what Chael was doing. Chael was probably cool going out of the show like that.

The shows ratings will drop without him.

Sonnen vs. Tonon wow I wonder how that would have played out :rolleyes:

At least take mid to high level mma fighters for these crossover fights.
This would have been as pointless as granpa Henderson vs. Jones.

It's weird how Bellator can just stop him from grappling events. I thought Coker allowed that shit, with his non exclusive thing and all that.

That was funny. I expected him to pull some chicken move like that. Guy has cheated his whole life.

Great job firing the only good contestant on the show. This is going to wonders for the ratings!

(Only watched 1 episode, so I may be biased.)

Sonnen vs. Tonon wow I wonder how that would have played out :rolleyes:

At least take mid to high level mma fighters for these crossover fights.
This would have been as pointless as granpa Henderson vs. Jones.

I believe he was only stepping in because Lombard was out and they needed a replacement, not because anyone expected him to hang with Tonon.

I appreciate the information but definitely could have worded the title differently. I haven't been watching but was keeping an eye via Youtube clips.

I guess that's Chael, we had to expect him to do something like this and the producers/directors would have loved it. Either Chael was going to cheat himself to win the show or he was going to get caught cheating and turn everyone against him like one of those people who are singled out on something like that awful shit Big Brother.

There was a guy on the very first season of Big Brother in the UK and he would tell stories to people to turn them against others and then go to those people and tell them stories, turning everyone against each other. Eventually these people got to talking while the guy was out of the room and discovered what he was up to...I half expected Chael to pull something like that for the ratings. I don't think he cares what anyone thinks of him.

Back