Coyote and cat playing together

This is great until the coyote gets a little older and eats the fucking cat. Coyotes are super tricky when raised like a dog, they usually do great until one day they just flip a switch.

There are a few that do well, but the majority end up not so much.
You can nurture certain behavior but nature always lurks underneath like a potential ticking time bomb when instinct and genetics take over.

You can nurture certain behavior but nature always lurks underneath like a potential ticking time bomb when instinct and genetics take over.
^^^which is the situation in Pitbull attacks much of the time as well FWIW. Decades of specific aggression breeding sometimes comes out in devastating attacks despite the nurturing. Obviously the failure rate would not be as high as a coyote which is not a domesticated animal but the same principle applies.

That's a fuking rat.
and probably rabid or otherwise sick to just walk up on cats like that.

that or it has a side bet going with a Honey Badge sitting just off in the wings who said 'no trust me, just walk up to them like you don't give a fuck and do some crazy attack thing and they won't know what to do. trust me. You saw me do it with the lion'. With the Honey Badger giggling his ass off waiting for the rat to be eaten.

This is great training for when the owners abandon the cat in a field.

and probably rabid or otherwise sick to just walk up on cats like that.

that or it has a side bet going with a Honey Badge sitting just off in the wings who said 'no trust me, just walk up to them like you don't give a fuck and do some crazy attack thing and they won't know what to do. trust me. You saw me do it with the lion'. With the Honey Badger giggling his ass off waiting for the rat to be eaten.
Possibly sick but of it turns and runs it’s as good as dead, attacking the cats is a way to keep them on their heels.

This is great until the coyote gets a little older and eats the fucking cat. Coyotes are super tricky when raised like a dog, they usually do great until one day they just flip a switch.

There are a few that do well, but the majority end up not so much.

So what does this switch flip usually look like when it happens?

I noticed that the coyote does not wag its tail like a dog does when happy. It does seem to smile though.
Also, the natural instinct to go after the hind quarters by the coyote and the cat goes for the throat kill.

^^^which is the situation in Pitbull attacks much of the time as well FWIW. Decades of specific aggression breeding sometimes comes out in devastating attacks despite the nurturing. Obviously the failure rate would not be as high as a coyote which is not a domesticated animal but the same principle applies.
Except aggression against humans wasn't bred into them, it was aggression against other dogs.

Rekt

Except aggression against humans wasn't bred into them, it was aggression against other dogs.

Rekt
Aggression cannot be controlled that tightly. It will come out on occasion in directions you did not intend.

The ones who attack are an exception but an ugly exception.

I actually spoke to someone about this recently at an animal shelter. Her view was that pitbulls who suddenly attack their owners are most likely suffering from dementia or some other mental illness.

Cat's working dat 10th planet

Jumping anaconda @ 1:16

Heel hook attempt @ 2:37

I actually spoke to someone about this recently at an animal shelter. Her view was that pitbulls who suddenly attack their owners are most likely suffering from dementia or some other mental illness.

Well, even if that's the case, it's probably best to have demented mentally ill dogs that aren't capable of reducing a human to pulled pork in 30 seconds.

Well, even if that's the case, it's probably best to have demented mentally ill dogs that aren't capable of reducing a human to pulled pork in 30 seconds.

Plenty of breeds are capable of this if they decide they want to do it. Think about German shepherds. You think a German Shepherd can't eat you alive if he really wants to?

I also suspect it's a matter of the media covering pitbull attacks more so it seems like they really are that much more aggressive toward humans. I'd like to see some actual statistics on the matter.

Plenty of breeds are capable of this if they decide they want to do it. Think about German shepherds. You think a German Shepherd can't eat you alive if he really wants to?

I also suspect it's a matter of the media covering pitbull attacks more so it seems like they really are that much more aggressive toward humans. I'd like to see some actual statistics on the matter.

Well, unless you don't believe the Clifton study for one reason or another...

In California, pit bulls account for 29% of all dog bites, putting them at the top of the list of biting dogs, followed by the German Shepherd (15%) and Chihuahua (11%)

I mean, to truly indict the species, you would have to have other figures like % of pet dogs that are pit bulls and so on, but I'm kind of inclined to think that where there's smoke there's fire.

Last edited:
I don't think so at all.

It is the aggression that was bred into their nature and is now part of their DNA.

You can take a Bear or Coyote or Wolf or any animal and seek to change their nature via nurturing. And you will find examples of high failure rate despite years of success. At some point something triggers their nature.

Pitbulls will never fail at the rate those wild animals do but their nature is still one where the most aggressive amongst them was bred to be an explosive bomb. A percentage of them will just find nature taking over their nurturing and they will attack to a horrible ending.

Anyway I don't want to derail this thread with PitBull talk.

Well, unless you don't believe the Clifton study for one reason or another...

In California, pit bulls account for 29% of all dog bites, putting them at the top of the list of biting dogs, followed by the German Shepherd (15%) and Chihuahua (11%)

I mean, to truly indict the species, you would have to have other figures like % of pet dogs that are pit bulls and so on, but I'm kind of inclined to think that where there's smoke there's fire.

I'm not familiar with that study but I'll take your word for it.

I'd be curious to know what percentage of that 29% were raised by responsible owners. As I'm sure you know, pitbull owners have a history of being shitty people.

My friend used to have a pitbull and I lived with him for two months. Great dog. He would viciously kill other animals any chance he got but was never aggressive at all toward humans. I never had any fear of him suddenly attacking me for no reason.

Back