Cowboy Didn't Look Good Last Night. What's Next For Him?

A rematch with Diaz for some big $ and call it a career.

Cerrone get's wild hate for weird ass reasons.

Agree, he is a dedicated combination striker, and does it at a level maybe only a few others can even match... he has endurance that few can match, which has been amplified by his no longer needing to cut weight to 155.

His ground game is good on top and bottom and if he missed a take-down he almost always punished his opponent with strikes following.

He has never had great speed or head movement. Doubtless he works on both, but some things are harder than others.

Has had a few mental melt-downs... would love to see him Avenge Nate @ 170

He is fun to watch.

Was thinking the same thing while watching the fight.
He was very slow. I thought he would be KOed any second there.

He definitely didn't look particularly fluid, but a first round KO is a first round KO.

When I first saw him enter the cage I was worried. His body is starting to show his age. He started off a little slow per usual but once he found his rhythm he pretty much looled like Cowboy. I hope he'll go back to 155 now. He said that's the plan.

Yep, you can see in his face he seemed quite nervous and seemed anxious. Maybe he knows the pressure that it is a must win for him. Yancy with all his friendly sportsmanship acts seemed to make Cowboy relax and find his timing. I hope he stays at 155

I hope that for his retirement fight they let him ride his harley to the octagon

Great fight while it lasted, and great right hand he landed on Yancy. But I thought it was the worst Cowboy has ever looked.

He was getting his alot. He looked even stiffer than usual early in fights. His shots looked slow, and he was sluggish. He's clearly on a downward slide. No shame, the guy has the most wins in the UFC, and is basically permanently out of the Championship race for now, in 2 different weight classes.

So what's next for him? I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Covington tbh Or maybe Magny.

Didnt look good...dropped the bigger longer fighter twice then nearly koed him flat with that right..gtfo..cerrone was all cowboy last night ...great performance

Yancy looked like shit with his striking defense and movement.
Is'nt Yancy always looks like that?..,..yes terrible head movement I know he likes to bang in the pocket but you need head movement like Kelvin he's really good in the pocket also Alex Caceres too, but to me Yancy he seems kind've chinny I hope Cte is'nt in his future he always seems to have stanky legs when he's even remotely hit with a decent shot

Lol at a 1st round KO win being the worst someone has ever looked.

Is'nt Yancy always looks like that?..,..yes terrible head movement I know he likes to bang in the pocket but you need head movement like Kelvin he's really good in the pocket also Alex Caceres too, but to me Yancy he seems kind've chinny I hope Cte is'nt in his future he always seems to have stanky legs when he's even remotely hit with a decent shot
To be honest I haven't seen much of Yancy. And yes, that stanky leg was there all night.

Honestly I was impressed. Cowboy starts slow and I thought Yancy would punish him for that

Back