Cowboy Cerrone says he was sick on day of his fight with Leonardo

Hardkore

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/6/...e-main-event-with-leon-edwards-due-to-illness

“This is the first time in my career that I’ve ever almost called Dana White and said, ‘I’m not coming to work today,’” Cerrone told reporters in Singapore. “And then I looked at myself in the mirror and said, ‘Man, you’re not that guy. Just go.’ But that had nothing to do with the way I fought. I’m proud of myself actually for getting in there and fighting, so I’m happy, I don’t have any remorse. I don’t think I lost any stock, so all good.”

Cerrone said he was throwing up and feeling sick from the time he woke up Saturday morning all the way into the late afternoon, just a few hours from his bout.

“I was just sick, throwing up, just feeling... I couldn’t get out of bed, man,” Cerrone recalled. “I was just feeling like sh*t all morning, all day. I just wasn’t feeling like showing up to work is what I was feeling. It’s the closest in my career I’ve ever been to calling the boss and say, ‘Hey, man, I’m not going to make it.’ And then I just rolled over at five o'clock and looked at the mirror and said, ‘You’re not that guy, so get up and lets go,’ and here I am.”

Cmon Cowboy... First cheating by grabbing his gloves and throwing a head kick, now excuse mongering. Dislike Cowboy even more than I already do.

Last edited:
Usually I disregard this stuff but Cerrone has never made excuses for losing a fight. He’s always dead honest just saying he got his ass whooped, even if there were words leading up to the fight.

Sick of getting his ass kicked, needs to go back to 155. Cowboy is still a badass he just needs to be fighting smarter this late in his career.

He probably was sick. Cerrone normally just says the other guy beat his ass.

Sick of getting his ass kicked, needs to go back to 155. Cowboy is still a badass he just needs to be fighting smarter this late in his career.

He's on a steady decline, pretty much gatekeeper status

Usually I disregard this stuff but Cerrone has never made excuses for losing a fight. He’s always dead honest just saying he got his ass whooped, even if there were words leading up to the fight.

He hasn't been getting tuned up like this on the regular though

I believe. Cowboy has never lost legit. Always something unfortunate. One time he forgot where his car keys were. It happens.

Seriously, wtf is with fighters saying they were going in sick AFTER the fight?? This does absolutely nothing for them & they just look bad after doing so. So Ceronne, are you telling us this is why you lost?? You shook the winners hands after the fight. Deal with it now.

What a surprise. What was it against RDA? He forgot his bag or something, so he just gave up because it wasn't his day...

Wait, Cowboy Oliveira fought today? Cause Brazilians tend to have excuses win or lose.

Wait, Cowboy Oliveira fought today? Cause Brazilians tend to have excuses win or lose.

Angry Cerrone is a myth, and he's probably embarrassed he couldn't back up the schooling he said he was going to put on Edwards

Seriously, wtf is with fighters saying they were going in sick AFTER the fight?? This does absolutely nothing for them & they just look bad after doing so. So Ceronne, are you telling us this is why you lost?? You shook the winners hands after the fight. Deal with it now.

Cerrone never makes excuses after a fight, ever. He always straight up says he lost. He's the one guy to believe when he says something like this

Looked like it, honestly. Who knows, who cares. Let him live.

<Lmaoo><45><Lmaoo><45>

would you prefer he disclosed it BEFORE the fight, so that his opponent had full knowledge and could take advantage of the situation? ;)

What a surprise. What was it against RDA? He forgot his bag or something, so he just gave up because it wasn't his day...

Never made an excuse for that one , said he got his ass kicked like the many other losses.

Back