Cowboy Cerrone finishes Yancy Medeiros in the 1st round (video)

Good work from Cowboy. I did Yancy a chance since I thought he had a good chin and really tough, both guys are very hit able and so only matter of who lands the big shot first.

Yancy Medeiros doing Cowboy the favour of the millennium by paying him too much respect both inside out outside of the Octagon. Any fighter serious about penetrating the rankings would have gone out to kill off Cerrone's career. Let's face it, Cowboy may be the fans' favourite, but that recent string of results raised questions over his future as a mixed martial artist in the UFC. Thank fuck he's put those doubts to bed, would be a total waste of talent for Bellator.

I'm gonna be the one to say that Cowboy does this thing with his opponents...call it mental game whatever you want...but I feel like he lures guys into this buddy buddy attitude prefight or midfight to dull their kill instinct toward him. And I believe it is at that moment when he turns it up on them. But not for every opponent.
Especially the ones that disrespect him, he doesn't do to well against those guys.

When you consider the context of Cerrone's losses, I never considered Cerrone to be on the downslide. Whether or not Cerrone believed that is another question; if he was starting to lose confidence, then I'm glad he got one in the win column.
He was always top 5 gatekeeper, he’s consistent and good, but he will never be champ... he’s still pretty good, pretty much beat everyone except too 5 guys

But I do think he’s days are numbered, I’d say another 2 or 3 years then hes done

Just like Yancy who had war wit Oliveira
Yancy's last fight before Cerrone was 2.5 months ago, so not quite the same, but I do agree that Yancy probably shouldn't have taken the Cerrone fight.

He was always top 5 gatekeeper, he’s consistent and good, but he will never be champ... he’s still pretty good, pretty much beat everyone except too 5 guys

But I do think he’s days are numbered, I’d say another 2 or 3 years then hes done
Cerrone has wins over Alvarez and Henderson, who were top five at the time. I was arguing that Cerrone's losses weren't evidence of him being on the downside given the circumstances, and predicting that Cerrone will hang it up in 2-3 years is pretty easy considering he'd be 36-37 years old by then :rolleyes:.

Too much respect given by Yancy imo. Great fight as a whole. Great show of class this whole time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back