Cowboy Cerrone finishes Yancy Medeiros in the 1st round (video)

Gio

Wendy Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Good to see Cowboy back, he needed this one bad.

wur8c.jpg

I love how it was the 4th punch in that sequence - the right cross right on the button - that put Medeiros on stanky legs.

There's always talk about the importance of throwing in combinations, but Cowboy is one of the rare fighters who does it consistently.

When you consider the context of Cerrone's losses, I never considered Cerrone to be on the downslide. Whether or not Cerrone believed that is another question; if he was starting to lose confidence, then I'm glad he got one in the win column.

Thank you for posting the video.

I love how it was the 4th punch in that sequence - the right cross right on the button - that put Medeiros on stanky legs.

There's always talk about the importance of throwing in combinations, but Cowboy is one of the rare fighters who does it consistently.

Not only is he a very good combination puncher, he is quite adept at changing levels from body t head, and back.

When you consider the context of Cerrone's losses, I never considered Cerrone to be on the downslide. Whether or not Cerrone believed that is another question; if he was starting to lose confidence, then I'm glad he got one in the win column.

I still can't believe people were giving Yancy a shot in this fight. No offense but he isn't all that... and Cowboy arguably beat Robbie, and got his nose crushed by Till and promptly gave up... he hasn't been flatlined three times in a row like some people seemed to imagine

I still can't believe people were giving Yancy a shot in this fight. No offense but he isn't all that... and Cowboy arguably beat Robbie, and got his nose crushed by Till and promptly gave up... he hasn't been flatlined three times in a row like some people seemed to imagine
I hated that he took the Masvidal fight. He should've waited six months due to getting rocked by Matt Brown, instead he fought one month later :(.

I hated that he took the Masvidal fight. He should've waited six months due to getting rocked by Matt Brown, instead he fought one month later :(.
Just like Yancy who had war wit Oliveira

Everyone was saying Cerrone shouldn't box with him. Only kick.

Everyone was wrong.

Yancy wut is that spanish for Nancy? No way a guy named Yancy is good.

lol what the fuck is herb doing? the guy is clearly, CLEARLY out on his feet and he just hangs back, hangs back, hangs back... makes sure he gets completely starched first

if it had been a guy with brutal gnp like habeeb that could have gotten real ugly fast

beautiful fight

Watched on a stream with no commentary and damn it was so refreshing

Beautiful
Best part for me was to see Cowboy moving his head as he was throwing. Often he's a stationary target while throwing and that's why he gets hit, like in the Masvidal fight.

Back