"Couture, Liddell and I fought hard to not be considered thugs, Conor McGregor dragged us back" Mir

Frank is forgetting the fighters that are a credit to the game , that show that decent human beings are in MMA

GSP - A gentleman and very friendly , has alot of class.
Fedor - Again another gentleman that is involved in politics in Russia ( is even good friends with Vadimir Putin ).
Velasquez - Seems friendly , family man , proud Mexican ( despite struggling to speak the language ).
Romero - Seems like a great guy , god fearing and gay friendly.
Moicic - Fireman ( saves lives ).
Cormier - i mean .... just look at him

36076d4e6d1af7b1d74d1a0788767dba.gif

Conor has absolutely had an overall positive effect on the sport. Bringing a new element to the striking game, promotional game and bringing more eyes to the sport period.

Don't even think that is up for debate
It Isn't

The sport / fanbase is just full of very dumb people who lack critical thinking ability and are easily lulled into giving opinions / analysis based on emotion.

Even so , look at boxings history , much worse then MMA.
true

more so because It has a much longer track record though.

MMA will get there In time, but In comparison to boxing It's still a baby sport. Everyone Involved Is still learning.

Nah, everyone is smart enough to know McCokehead doesn't represent everyone

Mir dying to stay relevant, win the bellator HW grand prix and rematch BROCK LESNAR for a money fight so he doesn't have to bounce vegas nightclubs in his 50's and 60's for money.

Not so sure about Liddell & Couture. Liddell often bragged about street fighting and Couture was in stories with Hendo that involved bar brawls.

Conor did what he did. That is a problem. But it is not the problem.

The problem is that as of now, he has yet to suffer a single professional consequence of doing what he did. And that has nothing to do with Conor. That is all on the UFC.

Not holding people to account for things like this will be Bad ju-ju down the line.

MMA would be nothing without Conor.
You can't even remotely believe this. Not with a 2012 account, unless your dad gave you his account in his will. This is by far the dumbest fucking thing I've read on Sherdog since 2005.
Lose your account.

You can't even remotely believe this. Not with a 2012 account, unless your dad gave you his account in his will. This is by far the dumbest fucking thing I've read on Sherdog since 2005.
Lose your account.
fild4ae9ec8lv0nxzvfq.png

Mir tried to be like Conor. He's brash and talks trash. He said he wanted to kill someone in the cage. Kill someone. Both are cut from a similar cloth. Conor made way more of his cloth just.

You've got a point

I'm not a fan. And him saying that was over the line. it was probably over exaggerated. But still just a bad choice of words. Iv'e met him and he seems cool. His line
I'm working on the intricacies of details of maneuvers that he still doesn't even know the names of.” was fuckin hilarious
Anyways I hope Fedor beats him next week.
The line about intricacies was great because he backed it up by tapping Chieck Kongo out in the 1st round.

I was just saying that he isn't exactly a squeaky clean ambassador of the sport. :)

It's not like every NBA or NFL player is a saint.
Very true. Guys beat the shit out of their girlfriends and still get drafted. Forget about the established guys, who can do whatever the hell they want.

Mir conveniently slipping his name in with guys like couture and liddell.

He's a legend in his own right, but not at that level. Didn't have nearly that kind of appeal or that kind of persona, so i don't know how much he did for MMA's image.

How about GSP, the most popular fighter at one point and also carried himself great. Anderson silva before the roids stuff., but even then he's always respectable and humble in character. And of course Fedor, not popular among casuals but one of the best ambassadors for the sport you could ask for.

Yeah
Every MMA fighter has been on their best behaviour apart from Conor

Just makes guys like Romero and Whittaker look even more professional.

Back