Cousin Omar: The Next Nurmagomedov

Eddieg

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
FULL ARTICLE WITH TONS OF GIFS!

This week, I diverted from the "Fighter of Interest" series to focus on my favorite prospect, undefeated bantamweight Omar Nurmagomedov. He is Khabib's cousin.

Essentially, I watched every fight of his I could and GIF'd them by category: Striking, Wrestling, Grappling.

So you can pick and choose which aspect of his game you want to learn about and see in action. I personally am in love with his striking style. He is a Russian MT champ, very smooth, gliding footwork and a crazy diversity of kicks. Loves his question mark kick and hit Shyudi Yamauchi in the face with three or four front kicks.

If you want to see the ol' "Nurmy Smesh", skip to the Grappling section.

Enjoy!

out of curiosity, with khabib's cousin and extended family, are we talking 1st cousins, or is this like being a gracie where it can mean anything from nuclear family, to distant relative that took the name

out of curiosity, with khabib's cousin and extended family, are we talking 1st cousins, or is this like being a gracie where it can mean anything from nuclear family, to distant relative that took the name

I'm confident they're actually related, but can't speak to whether or not they're first cousins.

Yes, they are cousins, Omar's father is the brother of Khabib's father.

The Nurmagomedov's are gonna dominate this sport.

Back