Coupling is like Friends, only with actual humour.

some_people_just_never_get_old_jennifer_aniston_for_example_06.gif

"Why am I only finding out about this now?"
"Well, I was putting off telling you..."
"And"?
"I succeeded."

Last edited:
I used to enjoy this show a lot, haven't seen it in years.
The girl is in an amazingly funny show called The Worst Week of Your Life.[something like that.]

Friends, Curb you enthusiasm, Sienfeld are not comedies. They are comedies to Americans coz Americans haven't been exposed over the decades to REAL comedians and comedy shows. They know nothing about Peter Cook and Dudley Moore, Derek and Clive, Spike Milligan, The Two Ronnies, Nighty Night, Ideal, The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin, Peep Show, The IT Crowd, etc, etc.

Their humour is very safe and generic. Rarely offensive and not filthy. Usually with any swear words beeped out, and without actually funny content.
I've attempted to view many American comedies over the years and it's rare i find anything funny. Seinfeld is supposed to be the funniest show ever. How embarrassing!
I suppose it may well be if you've only watched American shows all your life.

[yt]

I used to enjoy this show a lot, haven't seen it in years.
The girl is in an amazingly funny show called The Worst Week of Your Life.[something like that.]

Friends, Curb you enthusiasm, Sienfeld are not comedies. They are comedies to Americans coz Americans haven't been exposed over the decades to REAL comedians and comedy shows. They know nothing about Peter Cook and Dudley Moore, Derek and Clive, Spike Milligan, The Two Ronnies, Nighty Night, Ideal, The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin, Peep Show, The IT Crowd, etc, etc.

Their humour is very safe and generic. Rarely offensive and not filthy. Usually with any swear words beeped out, and without actually funny content.
I've attempted to view many American comedies over the years and it's rare i find anything funny. Seinfeld is supposed to be the funniest show ever. How embarrassing!
I suppose it may well be if you've only watched American shows all your life.

[yt]

I've seen almost everything and everyone you mentioned.

Big fan.

No idea why I waited so long to see Coupling.

4th series was a bit weak (mainly due to the fact Jeff left), but the first 3 series were really good.

I miss Jeff, who was excellent, but Patrick really stepped it up, especially in "Circus of the Epidurals".

I couldn't get into Coupling, or Friends for that matter.

I watched Psychoville for the first time recently, and it's a criminally underrated British comedy. In terms of Shearsmith and Pemberton it tops League of Gentlemen and Inside no.9 imo

"Join me, Patrick!"

"Never! You killed my erection!"

"No, Patrick. I am your erection!"

"NOOOOOOO!"<45><Lmaoo>

"Join me, Patrick!"

"Never! You killed my erection!"

"No, Patrick. I am your erection!"

"NOOOOOOO!"<45><Lmaoo>

Sally: [trying to explain to Patrick what platonic friendship with a woman is] What do you call people you go out with but don't try to sleep with?

Patrick: Men.

Patrick: If I don't like a woman, if there's no chemistry, if I'm not attracted to her, then I don't lead her on. I just get out of there.

Sally: Really?

Patrick: Everytime, before she *even* wakes up.

Sally: So you do have sex with them, then?

Patrick: Well, there's no need to be cruel, is there?

Susan, "Some men are born lucky. Some men are born very lucky".

Sally, "What was Patrick born?"

Susan, "A tripod".

Last edited:
I couldn't get into Coupling, or Friends for that matter.

I watched Psychoville for the first time recently, and it's a criminally underrated British comedy. In terms of Shearsmith and Pemberton it tops League of Gentlemen and Inside no.9 imo

The best Inside No 9 episodes are up there with the best things ever done on TV, imo.

All 3 series are top notch, though.

The best Inside No 9 episodes are up there with the best things ever done on TV, imo.

All 3 series are top notch, though.

Yes! "The Bill" was a particular highlight for me. Edge of the seat stuff. It's more of a comedy/drama with the occasional meh episode. The last series was decent too.

Psychoville is a lineal storyline, and just full on absurd comedy/horror. Similar to the League, but tops it imo

Yes! "The Bill" was a particular highlight for me. Edge of the seat stuff. It's more of a comedy/drama with the occasional meh episode. The last series was decent too.

Psychoville is a lineal storyline, and just full on absurd comedy/horror. Similar to the League, but tops it imo

Really like them both, but TLOG edges in my opinion. Really liked that mix of sitcom and sketch comedy. I even thought the film was decent enough, too. Was relieved to see the recent specials were still good.

Actually thought Psychoville series 2 and the Halloween special were a lot better than series 1.

my ex loved that show -- it had better moments than friends

"id date a gynecologist -- at least id know i was special"

Really like them both, but TLOG edges in my opinion. Really liked that mix of sitcom and sketch comedy. I even thought the film was decent enough, too. Was relieved to see the recent specials were still good.

Actually thought Psychoville series 2 and the Halloween special were a lot better than series 1.

Yeh, it's weird that. The League kind of tailed off to an underwhelming ending. Psychoville took a while to build up steam and got stronger.

I thought about it and tbh, in terms of underrated British comedies Green Wing is probably on a par. Mr Don & Mr George is the GOAT. I've only met a couple of people who remember it.

Yeh, it's weird that. The League kind of tailed off to an underwhelming ending. Psychoville took a while to build up steam and got stronger.

I thought about it and tbh, in terms of underrated British comedies Green Wing is probably on a par. Mr Don & Mr George is the GOAT. I've only met a couple of people who remember it.

Highly recommended if you have not seen it.

250px-Darkplace_DVD_front_cover.jpg

Back