Country Music Discussion and Debate Thread

There's still a lot of good country out there like Randy Rogers Band and Josh Abbott Band. Learn how to dance gentlemen, good way to meet a woman

Gary Allan has always been a favorite of mine and Chris Young has some good tunes as far as mainstream guys, plus this song is great, I know it's originally George Jones that sang this but Chris Stapleton's cover of Tennessee Whiskey is great

Oh yeah George Strait and Kacey Musgraves are great

Lmao

I live in Austin but was born in the dusty butt hole of Texas.

Amarillo is far as fuck. I've been to Florida and I don't think that's even as far.

Edit: Just google mapped it's 602 miles to Amarillo, 629 miles to Panama City Beach.

Ok...this is a great 80's Country track...

In the vein of Emmy Lou's voice: This one usually has good song writers behind her.

If Sherdog did Country, this would be it!

Ol' Hoss

George "Ol'-Possum" Jones

I stop at "Don't rock the Jukebox". Anything after that is crap IMHO.

Currently digging Balsam Range. Love this one in particular. Something I wouldn't mind doing to my ex.

I would punch luke Bryan, Jason Aldean, or Jake Owen if I saw them. That being said, I am probably the most avid listener of country music in here. Hank Williams is the greatest ever, period.
If anyone here wants a lesson in country music listen to anything by.
Roy acuff
Bob wills
Ernest tubb
Lefty frizell
Asleep at the wheel
Jim "the gentleman" reeves ( one of my favorites)
Eddy Arnold
Whisperin' Bill Anderson
Loretta Lynn(the greatest female artist country music has ever seen)
I have a love for country music that borders
on obsession. I study the traditions and history of the music from the 20"s

He's got a great voice and makes some solid points. Pretty funny too

I like more Americana than country. Guys like Ryan Bingham, Austin Lucas, or Ben Nichols for example. I love Merle, johnny and Willy but who doesn't? Doesn't take much to appreciate those old guys.

I grew up with country music. So it's the late 80s/early 90s stuff that gets my nostalgia going. Stuff like Clint Black, Alan Jackson, Brooks and Dunn. I'm pretty unimpressed with the newer stuff that's out, but Chris Stapleton is great from what I've heard of him.

One of my all time favourites though is Corn Lund Band. Time to Switch to Whiskey is one of the best drunken singalong songs out there.

These are some of the guys I enjoy listening to:

Obviously guys like Cash, Jennings, Hank Sr, Merle, and John Denver are all on my iPod someplace but of the more new guys those are some of my faves.

Have seen Church, Caddy 3, Granger Smith, Merle's sons, Brothers Osborne, Janson, as well as several others all in concert.

Eric Church puts on an amazing live performance. Going to see Caddy Three for my second time in couple weeks and then Church for my second time in a couple weeks as well.

People can bitch about guys like Aldean, FGL, Luke Bryan and others like them all they want but they all do pretty damn awesome live performances and frankly I kinda like FGL's new single no matter how sappy and stupid/poppy it might be.

Lyle Lovett is one of the classiest cats to ever walk a stage.

"Country music" these days is just glorified pop music. Check out exhibit A. Six country songs mashed up together so perfectly because there's little to no authenticity and originality in country music these days.

However, I am digging some Chris Stapleton right now. Very unique voice.

I really need to see this guy live:

Kinda pissed Watershed isn't having him there this year as I think he is up here in the PNW around the time of that festival.

Instead I have to put up with this:
http://watershedfest.com/lineup/

After having the likes of Brothers Osborne, Eric Church, and a ton of other good acts the last two years the only guys I am really looking forward to are Caddy Three, Houser, Rice, and Rucker.

"Country music" these days is just glorified pop music. Check out exhibit A. Six country songs mashed up together so perfectly because there's little to no authenticity and originality in country music these days.

However, I am digging some Chris Stapleton right now. Very unique voice.

Check Eric Church if you like Stapleton.

I really need to see this guy live:

Kinda pissed Watershed isn't having him there this year as I think he is up here in the PNW around the time of that festival.

Instead I have to put up with this:
http://watershedfest.com/lineup/

After having the likes of Brothers Osborne, Eric Church, and a ton of other good acts the last two years the only guys I am really looking forward to are Caddy Three, Houser, Rice, and Rucker.

Check Eric Church if you like Stapleton.

Eric Church is alright. Seen him in concert.

Eric Church is alright. Seen him in concert.
The thing for me with Church is him, Sturgill, and Stapleton seemed to be the only main "Nashville" guys that stuck with Merle at the end.

Merle's two sons sound disturbingly about their dad though. Merle was supposed to be at that festival last year but then passed away but his sons played his set and they sound ridiculously like their dad.

This dude puts on a good live show too:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back