Country Music Discussion and Debate Thread

N

NewGuardBjj

Straight up just listened to Toby Kieth for the first time. He's pretty good, but god damned cheesy. He seems like he rips off of everyone better than him, puts a radio friendly spin on it, then calls it his own.

I typically stick with more underground stuff like Robert Earle Keen, James McMurtry, Steve Earle, etc.

What do you guys suggest?

Country Music hasn't been Country music since damn near the 70s.

Well I guess nobody on sherdog likes country!

Red dirt anyone?

I'm from Texas, so there's obviously a lot of country bars around here. When I'm drunk shooting pool and they got Waylon and Willie on the jukebox, I'm feeling it. But on my own, I'm jamming Screw.

New country is gay though. My redneck buddies call it Hick Hop.

Johnny Cash and Hank Williams are two of the greatest. I don't like much newer country music. There was a lot more heartfelt melancholy in lyrics from the past.

Some Bluegrass

hillbilly-dancing-with-racoon-o.gif

Appalachian.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm from Texas, so there's obviously a lot of country bars around here. When I'm drunk shooting pool and they got Waylon and Willie on the jukebox, I'm feeling it. But on my own, I'm jamming Screw.

New country is gay though. My redneck buddies call it Hick Hop.

Lol

Dude I'm from the Texas Panhandle. I love country bars.

I swear to god the best girls are at Midnight Rodeo in Amarillo.

Nobody better than Townes Van Zandt. No relation to Paige.

Lol

Dude I'm from the Texas Panhandle. I love country bars.

I swear to god the best girls are at Midnight Rodeo in Amarillo.

Dude if you go down to the honkey tonk on a Wednesday night where hoes get in free before 10. Shiiiiit. Wall to wall pussy. These fuckers on the coasts that think we all fuck our cousins and ride horses to the general store to buy milk in glass bottles. Lol. This is Texas son. We do it big down here.

I thought you were from Austin. Right smack dab in middle of lib town. You're my favorite Sherlib though.

Country Music hasn't been Country music since damn near the 70s.

Fuckin eh. Country music has progressively gotten worse since the 80's. If it ain't dirty trucker Country, fuck off.

Dude if you go down to the honkey tonk on a Wednesday night where hoes get in free before 10. Shiiiiit. Wall to wall pussy. These fuckers on the coasts that think we all fuck our cousins and ride horses to the general store to buy milk in glass bottles. Lol. This is Texas son. We do it big down here.

I thought you were from Austin. Right smack dab in middle of lib town. You're my favorite Sherlib though.

Lmao

I live in Austin but was born in the dusty butt hole of Texas.

Ok...this is a great 80's Country track...

I like the underground stuff more than the Nashville scene. Some that I like are:

Colt Ford
Chris Knight
Bleu Edmondson
Turnpike Troubadours
Randy Rogers Band
Reckless Kelly

And if you like some bluegrass, I highly recommend Trampled by Turtles. They're fantastic.

Back