CounterPunch | | Netflix

Strange King

Strange Music
@Silver
Reaction score
Just watched this new original documentary on netflix. Thought you boxing elite motherfuckers would like it

I honestly hope Lil Bhop gets ko'd

How come you dont like him? is it a boxing thing or attitude?

His attitude bro. Plus his name would be like me calling myself Lil Pacman or Lil Mayweather. Create your own brand don't steal someone elses.

I thought it highlighted a lot of the issues with the amateur system really well and stayed away from the trappings and cliches of most boxing docs

His attitude bro. Plus his name would be like me calling myself Lil Pacman or Lil Mayweather. Create your own brand don't steal someone elses.

Would you say the same about Sugar Ray Leonard?

Anyway, he was slightly annoying, but he's also pretty young. You were probably a twerp at that age too.

Watched this last night, it was very enjoyable.
Quick takeaways
Cam Awesome is the most likeable of the 3 featured boxers. Seems like a guy that could have a good run as a pro but I don't think he'll ever make that transition

Felt bad for Quillin things seemed to fall apart after the time off per Haymon's advice. Maybe he doesn't want to continue boxing he hasn't had anything lined up since Jacobs

Not a fan of Lil B Hop. His Nickname is weird, he seems to have a disinterested attitude or maybe just for things that aren't himself.

Would you say the same about Sugar Ray Leonard?

Anyway, he was slightly annoying, but he's also pretty young. You were probably a twerp at that age too.

Sugar Ray didn't pick his name it was given to him by the media. Lil Bhop did.

Lil Bhop is 20 he's only 6 years younger than me and only a year younger than my girlfriend. He's got to much ego.

Sugar Ray didn't pick his name it was given to him by the media. Lil Bhop did.

Lil Bhop is 20 he's only 6 years younger than me and only a year younger than my girlfriend. He's got to much ego.

If you actually believe Sugar Ray or his team didn't pick that name, you're quite naive.

About lil B hop, you don't get out of his neighborhood through the fight game without a certain level of ego. And the emotional and mental difference between 20 and 26 is huge, there's a reason you can't rent a car until you're 25.

Watched this doc halfway, now I'm even more depressed about the state of boxing

Money is great, but lusting after it like this is disgusting and mostly destructive
<2>

Watched this doc halfway, now I'm even more depressed about the state of boxing

Money is great, but lusting after it like this is disgusting and mostly destructive
<2>

I don't see anything disgusting about it, it is easy to sit back and talk about things like honor for the sport and integrity, but when you are born in an environment where your expected life pattern goes school drop out, jail or death...then money and being able to fight to get it is the goal.

Some total hypocrites in the documentary eg Oscar de la Hoya...you don't become a promotional manager without being a money seeking slut.

I don't see anything disgusting about it, it is easy to sit back and talk about things like honor for the sport and integrity, but when you are born in an environment where your expected life pattern goes school drop out, jail or death...then money and being able to fight to get it is the goal.

Some total hypocrites in the documentary eg Oscar de la Hoya...you don't become a promotional manager without being a money seeking slut.

What you said is true, I definitely don't blame any of the boxers, and especially not those from a poor environment.

Having said that, I believe that there is something in the middle of "ideology" and "money craze". It's about a healthy balance

If only money is important we get that crazy shit like people being paid not to fight... not to defend their title at that wtf

Thought the same, fooking hell mate. De la Hoya always seems like such a calculating tit

He definitely seems like some sort of snakey type human. Probably make a good politician. Does anyone else find sugar ray leonard a bit arrogant at times?

Back