Counter this argument!

"If the choice is known in advance, the choice is fake."

I attacked this premise with the story of a scientists who gives the rat dual option. Thus, a advanced knowledge of the option. Then noted why you can have both this and free will.

I won't be able to continue babysitting your poor logic. So I hope you take from this and learn... but this is sherdog and you've already shown an aversion to admitting when you misstep. So I'll simply wish you luck on your journey.

Your logic falls short when you fail to include a key component of the argument. God is the CREATOR of man - it is not simply a question of "knowing the outcome". He assembled him with the knowledge of every action this man would take, and the biology that drives those decisions.

Anyone who has any familiarity with my posting knows that I have no problem conceding a point if I've been proven wrong, or am unsure of something. Unfortunately for you, empty declarations and useless musings about my capabilities do not an argument make, and I'll take your continual avoidance of presenting something with substance as an admission of intellectual defeat.

I dunno. You could build someone with free will but if you are also aware of what happens through time then you could see what they are going to do regardless. It wouldn't be that you built the decisions in, it would be that you can see what happens. I don't see how that violates free will.

When you build something knowing it's capabilities, and the final outcome this leads to, are you not in essence predetermining it's future?

God assembled your biology with the precise knowledge of all the choices it would make. He knew that such and such group of neurons would cause you to be a saint or a murderer, just as he foresaw. If he tweaked something here or there, he can foresee that you would become a doctor.

Second, we haven't even touched on the theme that God is omnipotent, and controls all the external environmental variables that lead you to make the decisions you do - after all, I thought everything that happened was according to "His will" - but I will confess this may be more of a folk saying than something that is espoused in the Bible.

Back