Counter punching as a clinch entry

dudeguyman

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What do you think? Good idea, bad idea? I kinda like the idea but i havent gotten it to work right. I think it would be good if i was facing off with someone that has 50+ pounds on me, and i couldn't finish with normal striking alone. Tips?

What exactly are you looking for tips on?
Iv had some success with counter wrestling that tends to start with a slip and a tie up

What do you think? Good idea, bad idea? I kinda like the idea but i havent gotten it to work right. I think it would be good if i was facing off with someone that has 50+ pounds on me, and i couldn't finish with normal striking alone. Tips?
That's pretty normal actually, well sorta... not exactly a "real" punch. Something like, you have your high guard, and they're throwing a combo, then you notice the looping punch comes with a slightly delayed tempo (for any reason), and you throw a cross or jab but with the intention of going around the head to pull them in.

There's also nothing wrong with landing a clean shot then using that fraction of a second to tie up.

I like using a long knee as my clinch entry. It covers alot of distance and when it lands sweet, it winds the opponent then I basically have free reign to land freebies

Fedor threw these "casting" punches as a way to get a hold of his opponents a lot of the times. Like a wide knuckle down hook sorta? I think its a sambo thing

Works great for Valentina Shevchenko.
There's a bunch of her kickboxing and Muay Thai fights on youtube where she counter punches right into a clinch.

NiceOptimalGlowworm.gif

i have seen the question asked several times on "how to enter the clicnh" I dont understand the big confusion here. if you can touch the guy with your hand you can clinch him. I made a video about entering the clinch as well but its pretty simple really, if you can touch him, clinch him up. I would just suggest entering with one hand at a time.

i have seen the question asked several times on "how to enter the clicnh" I dont understand the big confusion here. if you can touch the guy with your hand you can clinch him. I made a video about entering the clinch as well but its pretty simple really, if you can touch him, clinch him up. I would just suggest entering with one hand at a time.
shameless self-promotion

reported for spam

Any head movement can be used to enter the clinch, slip or weave a punch, and instead of countering with a punch, just swim in for an underhook/overhook

the next gen of striking??

In MMA, doesnt the Skull and Bones make you vulnerable to a standing chicken wing? When you bring that elbow up, you are twisting your arm in the fashion. If the opponent sees it, he can two on one that arm, and step around.

In MMA, doesnt the Skull and Bones make you vulnerable to a standing chicken wing? When you bring that elbow up, you are twisting your arm in the fashion. If the opponent sees it, he can two on one that arm, and step around.

I was being sarcastic but it said in the begining it isnt a static movement and if they're close enough to grab my arm with both or theirs theyre close enough to get hit with my other elbow

I was being sarcastic but it said in the begining it isnt a static movement and if they're close enough to grab my arm with both or theirs theyre close enough to get hit with my other elbow

I do like the blocking scheme though. I never would have thought about covering up like that. I see Joe Frazier does something similar, but does not twist his elbows that much, and just brings the forearms horizontally across his face.

Back