Could you imagine if Kurt Angle had went into MMA instead of WWF?

he went to the superior sport

Kobe Bryant doesn't play street hoops
Agreed. I'm just saying that if the WWF offer never arose, he could've gone into MMA and been a great.

All things considered, he definitely made the right financial choice.

Agreed. I'm just saying that if the WWF offer never arose, he could've gone into MMA and been a great.

All things considered, he definitely made the right financial choice.

its still a tough call at this point, for bigger guys, I still think WWE is more lucrative, and you can do it for longer

That would have been a huge pay cut for him.

Guy was in active during the prime pro wrestling era.

He's a millionaire now and never would have made close to that in MMA especially during the late 90s, early 00s.
Yeah, but he'd getting one of those UFC.com $100 gift cards every year for Christmas and some Reebok coupons. Now don't you feel foolish?

image_crop.php

Maybe he'd be good. Maybe he'd have a glass chin. Maybe he'd have no punching power. There's no way to know.

Either way, being a gold medalist doesn't make you significantly more likely to be good at MMA than an NCAA div 1 champ. Wrestling skills don't translate to MMA that way.

He would have gotten a broken freakin neck, then gotten popped for roids.

its still a tough call at this point, for bigger guys, I still think WWE is more lucrative, and you can do it for longer

More lucrative at that time? 100% truth
Now it is hard to compare
UFC pays more from a % of revenue than WWE does & WWE guys perform 200-250 dates a year.
Tate made millions in 2016 from 3 fights alone from UFC, plus she made a lot outside of UFC.
WWE controls what contracted performers can do outside of WWE.

But longer? No doubt.

Put it this way ... Brock equaled his WWE pay in on UFC fight. Of course Brock is a PT WWE guy, but it shows it is tough comparison

Or Daniel Cormier...who failed to win gold.

Are you serious? Nobody in the 1990s came anywhere near DC's MMA skillset. He would have been just a wrestler and nothing else, not a complete fighter like DC. The MMA gyms and training to produce fighters the caliber of DC were just not there.

Back