Could you have created a better world than god?

There's definitely some over-engineering here and there.
Keep things simple, make them do one thing well and make multiple simple things work together.
Also, I want 2 suns like in Tatooine.

I don't think that the other dimensions posited by such theories argue them to be physical, and a physical dimension doesn't quite jive with God per se, but I suppose it's possible.

I believe String Theory is positing that strings vibrate in all of these dimensions, so if strings are physical then these dimensions are as well. I don't think I'm still getting what you mean by Physical and Spiritual dimensions.

Physical - Matter, Energy, Fundamental and emergent forces and space (our 3D human experienced space and all the others we don't experience)
Spiritual - ?

Can you elaborate on that?

I believe String Theory is positing that strings vibrate in all of these dimensions, so if strings are physical then these dimensions are as well. I don't think I'm still getting what you mean by Physical and Spiritual dimensions.

Physical - Matter, Energy, Fundamental and emergent forces and space (our 3D human experienced space and all the others we don't experience)
Spiritual - ?

Can you elaborate on that?

I'm saying that String Theory posits dimensions that are undetectable to us. They can't be physical in the way we know it or it wouldn't be a mystery.

I'm saying that String Theory posits dimensions that are undetectable to us. They can't be physical in the way we know it or it wouldn't be a mystery.

Undetectable for ordinary people living their lives but perhaps in the LHC or other experiments they can be detected. If we are able to detect them through experimentation would that suddenly make them physical in your eyes?

Undetectable for ordinary people living their lives but perhaps in the LHC or other experiments they can be detected. If we are able to detect them through experimentation would that suddenly make them physical in your eyes?

Well, a lot of it purely mathematical, so they're not necessarily detecting it in a physical sense. If they could actually detect it through physical means, it would have to be physical as it's tautological.

There should be no way to prove God through physical means.

Well, a lot of it purely mathematical, so they're not necessarily detecting it in a physical sense. If they could actually detect it through physical means, it would have to be physical as it's tautological.

There should be no way to prove God through physical means.

Have you ever looked at the math? My goodness, my undergrad math doesn't even scratch the surface. I'm curious as to your last statement though, is it just because people have defined god as so? Why would it be impossible.

Have you ever looked at the math? My goodness, my undergrad math doesn't even scratch the surface. I'm curious as to your last statement though, is it just because people have defined god as so? Why would it be impossible.

Yeah, I don't have a background in math so it's completely incomprehensible. I can't even understand how it's possible to prove using math, let alone understand the math.

I guess it wouldn't be impossible per se, but it's not the traditional way the concept of God is understood. He is not a physical being that lives and dies. On top of that, God is not meant to be proved since faith is required, so it doesn't make sense that we could find him or detect him through the use of our senses. It would be like Mario and Luigi finding the programmers by searching through endless tunnels.

Yeah, I don't have a background in math so it's completely incomprehensible. I can't even understand how it's possible to prove using math, let alone understand the math.

I guess it wouldn't be impossible per se, but it's not the traditional way the concept of God is understood. He is not a physical being that lives and dies. On top of that, God is not meant to be proved since faith is required, so it doesn't make sense that we could find him or detect him through the use of our senses. It would be like Mario and Luigi finding the programmers by searching through endless tunnels.

Not quite, it would be like a sentient Mario and Luigi discovering the nature of their world and then somehow developing technology that allows them to interface with the hardware. From there they could see that something is providing outside input. I'm still confused as to your definitions of Physical and Spiritual realms. Is the Physical everything that can be observed, measured and verified and the spiritual is that which is not?

Not quite, it would be like a sentient Mario and Luigi discovering the nature of their world and then somehow developing technology that allows them to interface with the hardware. From there they could see that something is providing outside input. I'm still confused as to your definitions of Physical and Spiritual realms. Is the Physical everything that can be observed, measured and verified and the spiritual is that which is not?

My analogy might beg the question, but as it is, there's no way for Mario to leave the confines of the circuit board no matter how much self-awareness and intelligence he attains.

I'd say that if the spiritual exists, it can't be measured, but that doesn't mean that everything that can't be measured is spiritual, since that would include things that don't exist (a lack of something).

My analogy might beg the question, but as it is, there's no way for Mario to leave the confines of the circuit board no matter how much self-awareness and intelligence he attains.

I'd say that if the spiritual exists, it can't be measured, but that doesn't mean that everything that can't be measured is spiritual, since that would include things that don't exist (a lack of something).

Mario's body, well no but his consciousness, maybe. It is science fiction at this moment but if consciousness is really just a function of the brain then those contents "may" be able to be transferred to our 3D reality.

As for the spiritual, when you say that it can't be measured are you saying that:

a) it's logically impossible to measure it
b) It may be possible but we just don't know how to.

Mario's body, well no but his consciousness, maybe. It is science fiction at this moment but if consciousness is really just a function of the brain then those contents "may" be able to be transferred to our 3D reality.

As for the spiritual, when you say that it can't be measured are you saying that:

a) it's logically impossible to measure it
b) It may be possible but we just don't know how to.

It would need to be B because if we could measure it it would have properties.

your question in itself proves why organised religion is for bafoons.

I dont trust those who have prayer before campaign speeches...

those who beleive in gods that make mistakes is a person who makes the most mistakes.,

If God stopped every person from killing another innocent person, would they still have free will

does the person killing another person is not interfiering with the free will of the person of not dying?

besides, if you believe in gods omnicient powers, you must believe in pre destination. If you believe in predestination, you cannot believe in free will.

A world without pain and suffering.
No sickness
No hunger
No greed
Everything is equal
Everything is all about happiness.

I think a far more interesting question is, do you think you can create a better world than evolution?

But...if one is a product of evolution...wouldn't the world they create just be a product of evolution as well. Hm...

<seedat>

Back