Could you have created a better world than god?

As long as "our system" is defined as 3D spaced then it would be perfectly coherent mathematically as a lot of Cosmological theories contain different dimensions. Trying to conceptualize these different dimensions with our human experience though... LOL not going to happen.

Right, and I think the fact that we can't conceptualize something, is different than saying that conceptualizing it is impossible because it's nonsensical. Which is why I think that God's existence in space-time, however unfathomable, is not quite the same as the objection to a paradox.

Right, and I think the fact that we can't conceptualize something, is different than saying that conceptualizing it is impossible because it's nonsensical. Which is why I think that God's existence in space-time, however unfathomable, is not quite the same as the objection to a paradox.

Agreed, with qualified statements like:

Our Space = 3D space
Time = Experiencing events differently

Then it is not a paradox and mathematically possible.

The ridiculous theory of an always existing universe is simply trying to rationalize the fact that the people who invented it really didn't like the idea of God.

AFAIK science, which is in no shape or form "mine", points to the Big Bang.

The amusement rises from the fact that you don't even understand you're calling yourself stupid in the very sentence you're attacking me.

The projection is strong in this one. You've amply demonstrated not only your ignorance of the Bible, not to mention my position and logic, along with your lying and inability to follow what has been said. I guess you're aiming for the prestigious title of "the most clueless hostile idiot on the internet" and already making a good case for it.
The ridiculous theory of an always existing universe is simply trying to rationalize the fact that the people who invented it really didn't like the idea of God.

AFAIK science, which is in no shape or form "mine", points to the Big Bang.

The amusement rises from the fact that you don't even understand you're calling yourself stupid in the very sentence you're attacking me.

The projection is strong in this one. You've amply demonstrated not only your ignorance of the Bible, not to mention my position and logic, along with your lying and inability to follow what has been said. I guess you're aiming for the prestigious title of "the most clueless hostile idiot on the internet" and already making a good case for it.

I have no problem calling myself stupid. We're all stupid when it comes to how the universe was created.

You, thinking you 'know' is what's stupid to me.

Agreed, with qualified statements like:

Our Space = 3D space
Time = Experiencing events differently

Then it is not a paradox and mathematically possible.

@dontsnitch

A thought I had this morning was that Mathematics infers different spatial dimensions: bosonic string theory spacetime is 26-dimensional, while superstring theory is 10-dimensional and supergravity theory 11-dimensional. Could one of these dimensions be the spiritual realm that god(s) reside in?

@dontsnitch

A thought I had this morning was that Mathematics infers different spatial dimensions: bosonic string theory spacetime is 26-dimensional, while superstring theory is 10-dimensional and supergravity theory 11-dimensional. Could one of these dimensions be the spiritual realm that god(s) reside in?

It always seemed like string theory was specifically invoked to dismiss God, not to account for him, so it would be an ironic idea. The idea that God resides in another dimension seems to work, I just don't think we would be able to do more than posit such a dimension, because it's not available through physical means, since if God exists, he went to a lot of trouble to remain hidden. It would be like tracking down a thought.

Most theists would agree that God resides in a different dimension, but they would call it spiritual.

It always seemed like string theory was specifically invoked to dismiss God, not to account for him, so it would be an ironic idea. The idea that God resides in another dimension seems to work, I just don't think we would be able to do more than posit such a dimension, because it's not available through physical means, since if God exists, he went to a lot of trouble to remain hidden. It would be like tracking down a thought.

Most theists would agree that God resides in a different dimension, but they would call it spiritual.

And that spiritual dimension could just be a physical dimension that has been mathematically theorized but has yet to be tested?

And that spiritual dimension could just be a physical dimension that has been mathematically theorized but has yet to be tested?

I don't think that the other dimensions posited by such theories argue them to be physical, and a physical dimension doesn't quite jive with God per se, but I suppose it's possible.

If you were maximally powerful, maximally knowledgeable, perfectly moral and maximally good, how would you have created a world that is better than this one?

I would have created a world with no cancer, no alzheimers and no parkinsonis. Imagine the exact same world as this one but without the 3 diseases I mentioned. Wouldn't it be a better world than the actual one, with less pain and suffering?

Wouldn't you choose this world over the actual one?

Try reading Genesis before you armchair quarterback The God of Creation. He created a perfect world and gave it to man. Man chose to disobey and ruin everything. That's why there's diseases, starvation and crappy threads like this one.

Try reading Genesis before you armchair quarterback The God of Creation. He created a perfect world and gave it to man. Man chose to disobey and ruin everything. That's why there's diseases, starvation and crappy threads like this one.

Yes, so perfect it has a forbidden tree and a snake to temp people...brilliant!

What do you mean with perfect that it can easily be ruined? Is a world that can be changed by mere mortals into a world full of pain and suffering part of the perfect design or an accident?

Responsibility before they had knowledge of right and wrong?

Huh? I wasn't alluding to Adam and Eve, I just wanted to say that the way in which he formulated that sentence made him sound unaccountable.

If you were maximally powerful, maximally knowledgeable, perfectly moral and maximally good, how would you have created a world that is better than this one?

I would have created a world with no cancer, no alzheimers and no parkinsonis. Imagine the exact same world as this one but without the 3 diseases I mentioned. Wouldn't it be a better world than the actual one, with less pain and suffering?

Wouldn't you choose this world over the actual one?
Yes, I'd make it that anyone that votes D would be automatically swept off the earth by gay locusts

The perfect world includes keeping the inhabitants in the dark regarding knowledge and have them constantly be under temptation of something that will make God throw a soup nazi tantrum? I would have issues with that definition of perfection.

You sound like someone who doesn't hold personal responsibility in high-esteem.

I do, however an all knowing God made man a certain way. That God then placing a snake to tempt them, and a tree of knowledge in the Garden he knew what was going to happen...and let it.

Back