Could you build a family with your significant other if he/she is on the verge of becoming a cop?

One thing you have to realize is police officer is not even in the top 10 for most dangerous jobs. As of 2016 these were the Top 10 most dangerous jobs, you think none of these people should have kids? I'm not sure cops even make the top 20 for most dangerous jobs.

1 Logging workers 135.9 fatal injuries per 100,000 workers 91 total deaths
2 Fishers and related fishing workers 86 fatal injuries per 100,000 workers 24 total deaths
3 Aircraft pilots and flight engineers 55.5 fatal injuries per 100,000 workers 75 total deaths
4 Roofers 48.6 fatal injuries per 100,000 workers 101 total deaths
5 Trash and recycling collectors 34.1 fatal injuries per 100,000 workers 31 total deaths
6 Iron and steel wokers 25.1 fatal injuries per 100,000 workers 16 total deaths
7 Truck and sales drivers 24.7 fatal injuries per 100,000 workers 918 total deaths
8 Farmers, ranchers, and other agricultural managers 23.1 fatal injuries per 100,000 workers 260 total deaths
9 First-line supervisors of construction trades and extraction workers 18 fatal injuries per 100,000 workers 134 total deaths
10 Grounds maintenance workers 17.4 fatal injuries per 100,000 workers 217 total deaths

Your last two posts were very helpful!

Your last two posts were very helpful!

I've only posted once in this thread. I'm just saying, there are a lot of dangerous jobs in the world and most of those people have families. I wouldn't worry too much about a police job unless they work the inner city in a violent area every day which most police don't.

I've only posted once in this thread. I'm just saying, there are a lot of dangerous jobs in the world and most of those people have families. I wouldn't worry too much about a police job unless they work the inner city in a violent area every day which most police don't.

My bad. I confused you with @IGotAHugePeckah

The two of you were very helpful indeed

Recently a police chief wrote on twitter that if someone on the force was afraid to run towards gunfire, they should hand in their badge. His tweet drew praise and it's understandable. A cop has to forfeit his/her personal security for the collective.

But suppose your significant other (cop) wants children. How do you reconcile these two ideas:

1. He/she has a duty towards the child to provide everything a child needs to succeed in life.
2. If your job demands that you put your life on the line and be absent, how can you do 1.

Is it a stretch to say that people doing dangerous jobs and who claim to want a family are consciously or unconsciously lying to themselves? Would you do a dangerous and demanding job if you'd really like to have a kid?

Related: https://www.nydailynews.com/new-yor...ficer-parents-jobs-dangerous-article-1.241965

These postions are vital for society. Without men and women willing to do this job you will have literally anarchy and the very family and protective life your trying to preserve will be overrun by savages who will literally rape and pillage your entire family.

Cowering and letting someone else deal with it is the same reason why evil prevails. Its sucky and nobody wants to die or go into a gun fight or get into conflict but i do believe its imperative that those who have the means and capabilities to protect the weak and innocnet must do so.

The only necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

John 15:13

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Not saying its an easy choice but it is certainly an admirable one.

My bad. I confused you with @IGotAHugePeckah

The two of you were very helpful indeed

People don't think of the dangerous jobs as being dangerous jobs because they don't have the same coverage as police officers do in terms of respecting the force. Even being a taxi cab driver is more dangerous than being a cop. I'm not saying being a cop is not dangerous sometimes, just that there are a lot of jobs where danger is always present and they don't worry about having kids or families. I would be more worried if I was married to a construction worker than a police officer.

Yes and I would be proud cop husband. lol

Police, pigs, insects, etc. Long story short i have no use for them as they make situations worse. Carry on.
Ah you're one of those. I wish they made a list of people like you so they wouldn't have to waste their time if you ever needed them.

Ah you're one of those. I wish they made a list of people like you so they wouldn't have to waste their time if you ever needed them.

Sign me up calling them is futile from my experiences.
2 home invasions and they show up 20 minutes after being called. Among other reasons, no thank you for your service.

2 home invasions and they show up 20 minutes after being called. Among other reasons, no thank you for your service.
Well how fast would you like them to be? You know you're not alone right?

soldiers face the same issue. in times of war to a much greater degree.

i'd rather leave it to the people that actually face this to decide.

Yes you totally should. It's one of the few jobs where gaining weight would be a hindrance, so she'll never be fat.

Of course she be surrounded by horny guys that are in great shape, forming bonds deeper than yours with these guys because they literally keep each other alive.

And she resists the temptation to cheat for years, but eventually you guys go through a rough patch where you're fighting a lot, and she gives in and cheats.

She won't be fat though. So remember that part.

Pros and cons to everything my friend

You've been home invaded twice? (In Canada?) Imminent danger is important to response time. Did they know you were being robbed while home?

I've been lucky living in an area of Los Angeles county, and area of that city that has minute response times. Thats responding to a burglar alarm. But when I called them to report a car accident, or something trivial it can take 30 minutes.

It depends on how much action is going on that day. But it's true they assign a few patrolmen to float in rich areas for quick response times.

You've been home invaded twice? (In Canada?) Imminent danger is important to response time. Did they know you were being robbed while home?

I've been lucky living in an area of Los Angeles county, and area of that city that has minute response times. Thats responding to a burglar alarm. But when I called them to report a car accident, or something trivial it can take 30 minutes.

It depends on how much action is going on that day. But it's true they assign a few patrolmen to float in rich areas for quick response times.

Yeah they knew. Still took their time. They hsd no intentions of robbing it was literally just a blatant assault. My buddy got a major concussion in one of them and his house was damaged like the ninja turtles home when they came for splinter.

I understand they can be busy but 20 minutes after being called while a girl is screaming help they are attacking us doesnt exactly put my faith in a force, among other reasons i have no faith in them. We were lucky things didnt get worse and we were able to handle it; what if we couldnt? That shit is terrifying no matter how tough a guy you are.

The only positive experience i have legitimately had was a female officer helping my wife with her car accident.

Yeah they knew. Still took their time. They hsd no intentions of robbing it was literally just a blatant assault. My buddy got a major concussion in one of them and his house was damaged like the ninja turtles home when they came for splinter.

I understand they can be busy but 20 minutes after being called while a girl is screaming help they are attacking us doesnt exactly put my faith in a force, among other reasons i have no faith in them. We were lucky things didnt get worse and we were able to handle it; what if we couldnt? That shit is terrifying no matter how tough a guy you are.

The only positive experience i have legitimately had was a female officer helping my wife with her car accident.

Where in Canada if you don't mind me asking?

Yes you totally should. It's one of the few jobs where gaining weight would be a hindrance, so she'll never be fat.

Of course she be surrounded by horny guys that are in great shape, forming bonds deeper than yours with these guys because they literally keep each other alive.

And she resists the temptation to cheat for years, but eventually you guys go through a rough patch where you're fighting a lot, and she gives in and cheats.

She won't be fat though. So remember that part.

Pros and cons to everything my friend

So you're only dating fatties?

I think the proper word today is 'bubbly'

Bubblying personalities

Never been there. How does it compare to Montreal?

What capacity?
Nightlife i hear no place in canada is better than montreal although torontos is good.

Crime...pending type one is worse than the other and vice versa.

We can turn right on a red.

Better food in toronto due to diversity.

Not as cold in winter.

Our ghettos are worse.

Not enough real poutine in toronto.

Daycare isnt heavily subsidized here either.

Back