Could USA become a military government or dictatorship..... in your opinion?

Seaside

Caudillo
Banned
Reaction score
dictatorship?

like say egypt or turkey where there is democracy but not really? maybe it not fair since believe it or not over 50% of population in both those countries really do like the government from what i seen. I not sure if 50% of America like Trump

i want to hear americans views if they think it is possible. what would have to be done to make way for this?

The United States is not a true Democracy, it is a republic form of government. The people do not elect the President, the Electoral College does with 270 of 538 electoral votes. A republic is a country governed by elected representatives. The United States also has a constitutional form of government. A democracy is a country governed by its citizen, with equal power.

Theres already not a democracy there.

Republicans clearly show more authoritarian tendencies and are controlled by the MIC to a greater extent then Democrats.

do you think something like dictatorship that happen in chile or militarty type government in brazil can happen? could trump have that support. You dont need over 50%, you can do it as little as hardcore support of 30%. A crisis help. i just curious how american branch of government could allow it. but at end of day whoever has military power wins.

Pro tip: it already is and we have a name for it.

(M)ilitary

(I)ndustrial

(C)omplex

- The projected active duty end strength in the armed forces for fiscal year 2017 was 1,281,900 service members, with an additional 801,200 people in the seven reserve components.

- When they retire from the military, you need to find them jobs. One way is to push for preference on government jobs.

- Then, you will have lots and lots of former military within government positions.

- Then, political parties can push to show who is more pro-military by gaining vets as candidates.

However,

- Currently, only 14.5% of military members are women.

- Does than mean that within a few generations, only 14.5% of our government employees will be women?

- If so, at what point will countries like Saudi Arabia and Iran start pushing the US to ensure more women are in government positions?

I've got enough faith in the courts to prevent anything close to a dictatorship.

I think look at the Phillipines for our potential future. It's scary how the military are programmed to do whatever the president says. For that reason, there could never be an uprising.

Seeing two separate video clips of Republican cocksuckers heaping praise on Chump and going on TV trading away their credibility to make the stupidest excuses for him makes me think we are really close to having a dicktatorship right now.

Probably only take another terrorist event on the scale of the WTC or larger. Look what we all agreed to because of that attack in the name of protecting our nation.

I always kinda of wondered what American's response would be if someone took out the Statue of Liberty. It's about the only American symbol that everyone seems to be able to rally around regardless of your political leanings.

Back