Could the top 5 NBA players today still be top 5 in the 80's/early 90's?

Lmao. Not sure why curry is being mentioned as one of the top 5 when he's the 4th best player on his own team. But to answer your question yes. The top 5 players today would destroy the best players from the 80's.

Jordan, Isiah, Bird, Magic, (Olajuwon, Kareem, Ewing)

Lebron, Westbrook, Harden, Kawhi? Curry? Klay? Boogie, KD

I'll take the 80s squad. 4-1. Probably a sweep.

Just imagine what Hakeem would do to to Boogie. Or what 4th/5th year MJ does to any of their guards.

Steph is mentioned among the best because he's a back to back MVP and the only unanimous ever (laughable).

But I agree, he's faded and I no longer consider him top 5.

They would still be elite. There is always room on the floor for pure shooters like KD, Harden and Curry. Lebron is still a great defender and distributor. Westbrook would still blow by ANY one from that era.

Steph Curry would absolutely NOT be elite in the handcheck era.

Elite (IMO): Can make a compelling case for being one of the 2 best at your position or one of the 10 best overall.

Steph would look like Steve Kerr if they played defense like the 80s. Christ, he even has a similar name.

Players are better now for the most part even though the league is watered down. Curry would get detroyed though.

Not a fucking chance. Even drexler would demolish this current league and put up amazing stats. David robinson would average 30/15/5 with ease. Lets not talk about jordan or olajuwan.

I don't know how many of them could stop Dirk, let alone a top 5 player.

I don't know how many of them could stop Dirk, let alone a top 5 player.
A tall white guy uses a high arching fadeaway. Never seen that before Dirk.

qzvWGWoIGjdYvDr_biNt7OqaB_kncKA6FB72JXqlif9Sdg2lBboDLwVuyAESyRlG0We4S-3BqxXbU0mRvwQKq8gDP_vKwmtSZliNm8Y=w365-h273-nc

No way. The NBA was much more physical and with less crybabies back then. No way today's players would survive when you've got body-bruising guys like Charles Oakley and Bill Laimbeer.

Back