Could the top 5 NBA players today still be top 5 in the 80's/early 90's?

ga_ninja

Whopper or Die
@purple
Reaction score
I was talking about this with my uncle a few days ago, he thinks Westbrook would do better than Curry which I agree with. I know Curry can shoot but the defense in the 80's especially The Bad Boys would cripple Curry. Westbrook on the other hand would be too explosive and get the rim at will. He then goes to say that KD would be better than LeBron, that's where I scratch my head. I like KD great shooter, great ball-handler, and high basketball IQ with basketball god like athleticism. LeBron is every bit of not better in all aspects plus more physically gifted only shooting ability is where James lacks.

No, but the defense in the 80s was terrible.

Lmao. Not sure why curry is being mentioned as one of the top 5 when he's the 4th best player on his own team. But to answer your question yes. The top 5 players today would destroy the best players from the 80's.

I was talking about this with my uncle a few days ago, he thinks Westbrook would do better than Curry which I agree with. I know Curry can shoot but the defense in the 80's especially The Bad Boys would cripple Curry. Westbrook on the other hand would be too explosive and get the rim at will. He then goes to say that KD would be better than LeBron, that's where I scratch my head. I like KD great shooter, great ball-handler, and high basketball IQ with basketball god like athleticism. LeBron is every bit of not better in all aspects plus more physically gifted only shooting ability is where James lacks.

The reason KD would do better is because he is a 7 footer who can get a shot (and make it) from anywhere. Plus he is smart enough and willing to adapt his game to take what is available. Plus despite what ESPN tells you KD has never been a bitch.

LeBron on the other hand isn't a great shooter, he just got good at playing with his back to the hoop and he is one of the biggest crybaby's we've ever seen in the league. Once other teams clog the lanes on him and start hacking like they mean it, he will turtle up and become average.

Edited: grammar

Last edited:
<BronTroll1>
The reason KD would do better is because he is a 7 footer who can get a shot (and make it) from anywhere. Plus he is smart enough and willing to adapt his game to take what is available. Plus despite what ESPN tells you KD has never been a bitch.

LeBron on the other hand isn't a great shooter, he just got good at playing with his back to the hoop and he is one of the biggest crybaby's we've ever seen in the league. Once other teams clog the lanes on him and stat hacking like the mean it, he will turtle up and become average.

Once you take away his ability to flop and mean mug the refs, and put him out there with a bunch of real :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s who don't mind getting body checked LeBron won't be so special. I'm not saying he will be trash, he will just be much more ordinary.

Lmao. Not sure why curry is being mentioned as one of the top 5 when he's the 4th best player on his own team. But to answer your question yes. The top 5 players today would destroy the best players from the 80's.

Curry is the 2nd best player on his team. Dont be a hater.

Lol I would LOVE to see LeFlop have to go through the abuse that Jordan did!!!

I'd pay huge money to enter that time machine, son.

Lol I would LOVE to see LeFlop have to go through the abuse that Jordan did!!!

I'd pay huge money to enter that time machine, son.
You mean get all the calls while not having to worry about players clogging up the lane like they do now.

Curry is the 2nd best player on his team. Dont be a hater.
Lmao. He doesn't even lead his own team in assists and is just a 3 point chucker at this point of his career. FiTP is flaming out

Last edited:
LeBron + illegal defense = unstoppable on offense
LeBron + hand checking = unstoppable on defense

"Teams didn't build walls in the paint during the 80s and 90s"

tumblr_ma24462Vwu1qinaapo1_500.jpg

a655b6a3a4317b197643cc6262f8e72b.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

michael-jordan-63-pt-game.jpg

LeBrick would be LeUseless back in the day

Lmao @ Faust. Lets dig up your Lebron cHeat days posts on this subject.

Lmao. He doesn't even lead his own team in assists and is just a 3 point chucker at this point of his career. FiTP is flaming out

I'm going to guess you either don't like Curry or you don't like Warriors, & thats just fine.

But behave yourself. You can't honestly say Draymond and Klay are better than Curry. The only unanimous MVP who has pretty much every shooting record ever and led his team to back-to-back finals appearances.

Be forreal buddeh.

I'm going to guess you either don't like Curry or you don't like Warriors, & thats just fine.

But behave yourself. You can't honestly say Draymond and Klay are better than Curry. The only unanimous MVP who has pretty much every shooting record ever and led his team to back-to-back finals appearances.

Be forreal buddeh.
Unanimous mvp's don't blow 3-1 leads and disappear in the finals.

RIP Darryl Dawkins. They don't make them like they used to.

1980-0117-Darryl-Dawkins-001340683.jpg

They would still be elite. There is always room on the floor for pure shooters like KD, Harden and Curry. Lebron is still a great defender and distributor. Westbrook would still blow by ANY one from that era.

Back