Could Stipe Miocic beat Jon Jones?

Why would Jon Jones ever go to HW?

Besides being suspended, he’s felt compelled to cheat despite being bigger, more skilled and younger than almost everyone he’s fought.

Stipe would smash jones. He would beto big and too strong for jones skinny frame.

Funny though! I feel that cormier ha a very good chance against stipe!! He has good boxing and way better mmw wrestling.

Never underestimate the Stipe.

Dude is legit and would give Jones issues for sure.

If I'm betting I'm going with active Stipe over Jones. 100%.

The fact there are people thinking Jones would beat Stipe is crazy
In what universe you mofos live?He has nothing for Stipe and he knows it very well himself just like his very calculated team.So drop it off already.

Yes of course he could.

In fact Stipe would be favorite in my opinion.

Now can Jones beat USADA ?

Stipe wrecks him. Sure Struve beat him many years ago, but Ngannou connected yet couldnt get the job done. How on earth would Jones? Jones wouldnt outwrestle him either.

Stipe is a mellow guy, but a monster in the octagon.

Last edited:
Can Jones beat Stipe? I'd favor Stipe if this fight were to happen.

Just my 2 cents:
- Cormier is a beast in all aspects of the game and Bones worked him good twice.
- Bones at heavyweight would be pretty impressive. Just remember Overeem going up.
- Gus is not THAT inferior to Stipe like y'all saying.

Jones already admitted he wanted no part of Stipe.

Very interesting how certain fans seem to have more confidence in Bones than the man himself.

We've seen what happens when Jon's superior reach advantage is heavily reduced...he doesn't look as dominant. Now add Stipe's KO power, elite Boxing(for MMA), bigger frame, high level wrestling credentials....it's no surprise why Jon and his coaches are avoiding fighting Miocic.

Just my 2 cents:
- Cormier is a beast in all aspects of the game and Bones worked him good twice.
- Bones at heavyweight would be pretty impressive. Just remember Overeem going up.
- Gus is not THAT inferior to Stipe like y'all saying.

Jones at HW he would just put on a little muscle, cut less weight and lose speed.

His legs are always going to be skinny and he will never have big power in his hands. He’s not going turn into Ngannou overnight.

His cardio for HW would be amazing though if he didn’t blow up too much.

I think he would be a force at HW but a few guys would fold him.

There is a reason Jones cuts to 205 and it isnt because he enjoys the weight cuts, physically when matched with opponents that he lacks significant physical advantages over such as height, reach, leverage, and power he struggles.

All the JBJ Nutthuggers would have you believe otherwise, but he’s said he wants to try HW yet is still hiding out at LHW all the while self sabotaging his career so he can in fact never lose.
<{you!}>

I think Stipe would win a closely tested decision that mostly consisted of striking, I think Jones would struggle facing someone who he hadn't posed a significant size advantage over.

Jon Jones is arguably the most talented fighter in all of MMA . The only times Jones has been challenged was against Cormier in the second fight before the KO, Machida in round 1, and against Gustafson. In my opinion I can’t see Jones beating Stipe any way possible. Jones could catch Stipe with a head kick or elbow but it’s very unlikely knowing the Stipe ate shots from JDS, Nelson, Overeem, and freakin Francis Nganou. It’s also gonna be tough for Jones to take Stipe down. The last time Stipe got taken down was in 2014. In Jones’s last fight he was getting tagged by Cormier. If Stipe lands those shots on Jones it’s lights out. Final point here, Stipe has all the same physical advantages as Jones such as height, reach, and cardio. At the end of the day I could see Jones beating anyone in the UFC, but in this specific fight I’d favor Stipe
I favor like the oddmakers would do Jones.
I favor cormier to win Stipe too. Not taking anything from Stipe, he is a beast, proven.
I just see Bones and Cormier as better fighters all around.

juiced up jones got boxed up by gus. stipe kills him

Jones looks average against guys his size and strength. Stipe is big freaking dude. After seeing what Gus did to Jon I can't imagine Stipe not stopping him.

Back