Could Stipe Miocic beat Jon Jones?

Hydrated RDA

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Jon Jones is arguably the most talented fighter in all of MMA . The only times Jones has been challenged was against Cormier in the second fight before the KO, Machida in round 1, and against Gustafson. In my opinion I can’t see Jones beating Stipe any way possible. Jones could catch Stipe with a head kick or elbow but it’s very unlikely knowing the Stipe ate shots from JDS, Nelson, Overeem, and freakin Francis Nganou. It’s also gonna be tough for Jones to take Stipe down. The last time Stipe got taken down was in 2014. In Jones’s last fight he was getting tagged by Cormier. If Stipe lands those shots on Jones it’s lights out. Final point here, Stipe has all the same physical advantages as Jones such as height, reach, and cardio. At the end of the day I could see Jones beating anyone in the UFC, but in this specific fight I’d favor Stipe

There are a lot of flaws in your assessment. Stipe chin is good but not great. He almost got knocked out by Overeem. Jones chin is probably better. He took solid shots from Glover, Gus and DC without getting Knocked out. So I wouldn’t bet on Stipe knocking him out either. Also, Stipes takedown defense is a bit overrated. If he defended against Cain I would agree, but he’s recently fought Francis, Overeem, Werdum and JDS. No good wrestlers. And his cardio is not as good as Jones. He gassed badly against Francis. And Jones has a four inch reach advantage. I used to favor Stipe too in a fantasy match with Jones, but after seeing their most recent fights, watching more tape and looking at stats, Jones should be a decent size favorite in the fight to win by decision using long range Muay Thai and clinch wrestling to rack up points and damage.

Could Stipe Miocic beat Jon Jones? Yes he could.
Would Stipe Miocic beat Jon Jones? Now that's a different question, maybe. I think I'd probably favour Jones in the fight as I don't think Stipe is better at anything than Jones is but would need to wait until after the drug test results to be sure who won.

Jones is better than Stipe everywhere except boxing and Stipe was knowcjes out with boxing by Struve. Jones will be a very decent sized favorite.

The JJ that I have seen fight, and I imagine it was always on dick pills, would have a very good chance to beat Stipe. I would give him around a 75% chance of winning.

Jones is better than Stipe everywhere except boxing and Stipe was knowcjes out with boxing by Struve. Jones will be a very decent sized favorite.

Exactly, and Stipe Isn’t even a great boxer. He’s great at knocking people out, but his boxing defense needs some serious work.

If Jon thinks he can beat Stipe, he's welcome to try.

Bones struggled with Gus's size and strength, and he is very hittable. Stipe would maul him.

Clean Jones gets murdered by Stipe.

(Potentially roided) Jones got beat up by Gustafsson, what do you think Stipe would do to him?

If Jon thinks he can beat Stipe, he's welcome to try.

Bones struggled with Gus's size and strength, and he is very hittable. Stipe would maul him.
THIS. Jon has never faced an opponent larger than him. Gustafsson is similar in size and Jones had a very difficult time with him. Had to have one of his trainers wipe his ass for him. Stipe could give Jones a lot of trouble. Jon without PEDs loses to Stipe.

I don't know if he would win, but I can tell you with near certainty Jones would be the betting favourite.

Last edited:
It would be a good one. Stipe should be the favorite

I've already predicted that Jon Jones will be the one to dethrone Stipe of his Heavyweight crown.

There are a lot of flaws in your assessment. Stipe chin is good but not great. He almost got knocked out by Overeem. Jones chin is probably better. He took solid shots from Glover, Gus and DC without getting Knocked out. So I wouldn’t bet on Stipe knocking him out either. Also, Stipes takedown defense is a bit overrated. If he defended against Cain I would agree, but he’s recently fought Francis, Overeem, Werdum and JDS. No good wrestlers. And his cardio is not as good as Jones. He gassed badly against Francis. And Jones has a four inch reach advantage. I used to favor Stipe too in a fantasy match with Jones, but after seeing their most recent fights, watching more tape and looking at stats, Jones should be a decent size favorite in the fight to win by decision using long range Muay Thai and clinch wrestling to rack up points and damage.
you serious? overeem is one of the hardest punchers in ufc and not to mention stipe got caught and recover really fast after the knockdown.both jds and ngannou has connected clean on stipe but they failed to ko him

Of course he could. Shit, if we go [M(MA]TH) or whatever is the appropriate way to write that, Overeem wrecked Jones in the gym, and Stipe wrecked Overeem.
But really, he's got heavyweight power and good wrestling.

But I will argue that he probably wouldn't beat him, because Jones probably does something illegal and doesn't have to show up (ala Rumble fight and DC at UFC 200)

It doesn't matter to me whether Stipe could beat JJ or not, that would be a stellar fight.

The question should be can Jones beat Stipe. Jones barely squeaked past Gus who is far inferior to Stipe. Juice free Jones likely gets finished.

Stipe would K JJ TFO! The only time JJ has faced someone o a similar frame to himself he got arguably beat by Gus. Stipe hits way harder and is probably way stronger than Gus. JJ wouldn't be able to keep taking such heavy shots. And just like Gus Stipe has the boxing advantage.

Last edited:
Back