Could Romero Be The GOAT Middleweight?

Watch past the first couple seconds.

I did. I'm not seeing a difference. And if you wanna nitpick and claim his fingers accidentally slid into the gloves (which I'm not seeing), that's too bad because that was just Romero's movement causing it to happen and he was already rocked and eating uppercut after uppercut by that point anyway.

I did. I'm not seeing a difference. And if you wanna nitpick and claim his fingers accidentally slid into the gloves (which I'm not seeing), that's too bad because that was just Romero's movement causing it to happen and he was already rocked and eating uppercut after uppercut by that point anyway.

You might want to see an optometrist or ophthalmologist.

• Most consecutive wins in the UFC (16)
  • Longest win streak in UFC history (16)
Whats the difference between these two?

He even missed one:

- Most longest streak of consecutive wins in the UFC History (16)

Anderson Silva has:

• Fight of the Night (Four times)
  • Submission of the Night (Two times)
  • Most Knockout of the Night Awards in the UFC (Seven times)
  • Most consecutive title defenses (10)
  • Most successful title defenses (10)
  • Most finishes in UFC title fights (9)
  • Most finishes in the UFC (14)
  • Most finishes in the UFC Middleweight division (10)
  • Highest significant strike accuracy in UFC (67.8%)
  • Most knockdowns landed in UFC History (17)

Romero is nowhere close to being MW GOAT.

You don't automatically become GOAT by being able to beat the GOAT, either. Has nothing to do with that.

How dare you make sense on sherdog!!!

He's beaten everyone put in front of him except Robert Whittaker (and Whittaker himself is a beast, and it was a close fight anyway), and that includes names like Jacare, Weidman, and now Rockhold. What major name is there left at Middleweight other than avenging his loss to Whittaker? Mousasi is gone and Bisping is too scared to ever fight Yoel. There's a rematch with Jacare because of how close their first fight was, and obviously the aforementioned rematch with Whittaker, but otherwise Yoel already rules the roost.

To do what he does at his age is even more incredible. Could Yoel Romero be the Middleweight GOAT? Is there any Middleweight in history that you don't think he could beat? I believe he beats who everyone considers the MW GOAT, Anderson Silva, quite easily. He'd beat everyone Silva beat as well. Hell, he'd beat everyone that Silva lost to, too! He already destroyed the guy that ended Silva's reign and finished him twice, hahaha!

LOL. A guy without ever having a strap. With a clear loss to the current champ, with a PED history, a weight scandal, and a highly questionable between rounds scandal the GOAT????

What does Romero smear on his balls that keeps you guys coming back to suckle?

I agree. It is clearly a legal wrist lock for the majority of that exchange. The angle and direction of the way Romero was pulling the arm away let to that slight dig in with the fingers for literally a fraction of a second. Meanwhile you needed to carbon 14 date the amount of time Romero spent on his chair between rounds.

Considering the never won a the MW title?? No.because you got Anderson. Winning a title isnt everything, for example I regard Romero higher than Michael Bisping and Luke Rockhold now and they were champs. But Anderson was on top for 7 years and defended 10/11 times, that means he was the performing at the highest level possible and defending that title. Romero has been doing that as well fighting the best, but he's not doing it as champ.
Wisdom

Anderson Silva has:

• Fight of the Night (Four times)
  • Submission of the Night (Two times)
  • Most Knockout of the Night Awards in the UFC (Seven times)
  • Most consecutive title defenses (10)
  • Most successful title defenses (10)
  • Most finishes in UFC title fights (9)
  • Most finishes in the UFC (14)
  • Most finishes in the UFC Middleweight division (10)
  • Highest significant strike accuracy in UFC (67.8%)
  • Most knockdowns landed in UFC History (17)

Romero is nowhere close to being MW GOAT.

You don't automatically become GOAT by being able to beat the GOAT, either. Has nothing to do with that.

Bullshit GOAT cheater more like.. This guy is lucky he got "old" as soon as the division got good with the likes of Wediman.. Rockhold.. Jacare.. Romero.. Mouassai and Whitakker.. he would Lose to most of them

He’s not the champ, he’s never been champ of the premier MMA organization, and beyond that, he has never defended the belt (that he hasn’t even won).

No.

Weidman is much higher than Romero in all-time MW rankings.

If he keeps adding victims to the faces of death thread then yeah.

Hypothetical natural Yoel would lose to prime Anderson, who was most likely not roided in his prime. Roided Yoel would beat prime Anderson, but not a hypothetical prime roided Anderson.

1350355-Anderson-Silva-Quote-When-you-use-the-steroids-you-use-them-for-a.jpg

He's very close:

1-Weidman
2-Yoel
3-Mousasi
4-Rockhold
5-Whittaker

Prime Anderson would kick his face off and tell him he luuh him afterwards. Then give him a big kiss. That's what MW in the UFC is all about. Whittaker better start kissing some dudes or his days are numbered.

PROJECTED

HEAD

TO

HEAD

VICTORIES

DOESNT

MEAN

YOURE

BETTER

ALL

TIME.

It doesnt fucking MATTER if he could beat anderson, Anderson ran roughshod over the division for nearly a decade. Jesus christ.

Back