Could Robbie Lawler Beat Tyron Woodley In a Rematch?

No. he'll get embarassed again. give his wife away. she loves tyron, her man cant do anything about it.

I don't think so. It's just a terrible stylistic matchup for Robbie because of Woodley's power.

Tyron is a beast for about two minutes. If he doesn't land that shot in the first few exchanges, Robbie can beat him down with his saiyan-like tenacity.

Granted, Tyron has power throughout the fight, but his explosive aggression tends to fade very quickly and only re-emerges for brief moments.

Tyron is a beast for about two minutes. If he doesn't land that shot in the first few exchanges, Robbie can beat him down with his saiyan-like tenacity.

Granted, Tyron has power throughout the fight, but his explosive aggression tends to fade very quickly and only re-emerges for brief moments.

Could be. I just see Robbie as a guy who has always been willing to take in order to give, only problem is he can't handle Woodley's power or speed and eventually will get caught.

Could be. I just see Robbie as a guy who has always been willing to take in order to give, only problem is he can't handle Woodley's power or speed and eventually will get caught.

Yeah, it undoubtedly could go down the same manner as their first meeting, and I don't even want to take anything away from Tyron. Robbie has decent defensive movement. Woodley simply closed the distance like a machine and put him down.

Lol I'd say the odds wouldnt even be 3 to 1... Lawler is a beast and he got caught, plain and simple. You haven't seen Woodley catching many other cats recently have ya?

He's been knocking down every fighter he's faced for his last 4 fights.

He's been knocking down every fighter he's faced for his last 4 fights.

While this is true he couldn't put away any of them but lawler. And Lawler is rather durable just ate a huge overhangs that night. Not saying Woodley is any kind of joke or easy fight but to say Lawler can't beat him is ludicrous.

Physically, yes. Mentally, I don't think Robbie wants any part of Cryrun.

Considering half of this game is 90% mental I think Tyrone beats him again.

Lol I'd say the odds wouldnt even be 3 to 1... Lawler is a beast and he got caught, plain and simple. You haven't seen Woodley catching many other cats recently have ya?
Uhh he caught Wonderboy a couple of times and he was supposed to be the best striker in the division. Obviously Lawler is no joke, but Woodly would and should be the heavy favorite.

Lawler's TDD can keep it standing and if he respects Tyron's power and makes him back up against the fence with pressure he should be able to win.

not sure he can defend the takedown

Lawler makes a living making guys brawl with him because he keeps walking you down even in the rounds he takes off he generally walks you down just doesn't throw much. Against Woodley that's pretty dangerous because Tryone is sooo fast. Much faster than Lawler and it's hard to see him not getting hit by a good shot again in a rematch. That said he's ate many good shots in his career and maybe he'll eat it next time and wear Woodley out. I'd have Woodley as like a 70/30 favorite but I'd like to see it.

Lawler would have to do a flawless game and TWood have a bad day, then Lawler might win.

No woodley has his number. This aint carlos condit flailing baby strikes.

What number is that? Throw 5 or 6 punches a round?

Woodley has gotten waaay too conservative since he won the belt, not GSP spamming takedowns conservative but the kind of "I don't want to lose the belt conservative). I swear there were more punches thrown in Silvia Arlovski 3 or Severn Shamrock 2 than there have been in in Woodleys last 3 fights "combined"...

I couldn't make it through the first page of responses. Woodley's fights are so boring that even threads about him make me sleepy.

Lawler's been in too many wars and got hit with a lot of big shots in his last couple of fights.

Wouldn't be surprised if he gets KO'd by a weak shot in the rematch.

hell no.

people may not be fans of woodley but he's gonna be hard AF to dethrone.

What number is that? Throw 5 or 6 punches a round?

Woodley has gotten waaay too conservative since he won the belt, not GSP spamming takedowns conservative but the kind of "I don't want to lose the belt conservative). I swear there were more punches thrown in Silvia Arlovski 3 or Severn Shamrock 2 than there have been in in Woodleys last 3 fights "combined"...

5 or 6 all thats needed in woodley vs lawler

Could and likely are very different questions and I don't think you meant what you are asking. Anyone who think Robbie had little to no chance is crazy. Anyone who favored Tyrone was probably right

Back